Author Topic: Drummond puts the same eyes as IT  (Read 13423 times)

Re: Drummond puts the same eyes as IT
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 10:08:35 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I think they need to get these NBA players back to work.  They have had too much idle time for Tweeting over the All Star break.  And even if Drummond is getting traded, what makes everyone thing it is to Boston?  Certainly could be.

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 10:12:58 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I highly doubt that the Cs are interested in Drummond.

The other day, Ainge was pretty explicit in a Bulpett article about bigs that the team wants:

on the subject of big people, Ainge has said he doesn’t want anyone who would hinder the Celts from playing their preferred offense in which the floor is spread.

Doesn't sound like Drummond to me. I think that Stevens and consequently Ainge give lip service to rebounding as there is so much criticism on our lack of it that they almost have to. Spreading the floor is more of a priority for them.

Also, Drummond will not come cheap. Can't kill our flexibility for such a one dimensional player that you ahudder to put in at the end of games because of his FT shooting.

Didn't someone say DA said he would trade BKN1 for Drummond but said he didn't think he was available on the radio a couple days ago? I didn't listen but there must be an archive.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

The other day, Ainge was pretty explicit in a Bulpett article about bigs that the team wants:

on the subject of big people, Ainge has said he doesn’t want anyone who would hinder the Celts from playing their preferred offense in which the floor is spread.

Doesn't sound like Drummond to me. I think that Stevens and consequently Ainge give lip service to rebounding as there is so much criticism on our lack of it that they almost have to. Spreading the floor is more of a priority for them.

Also, Drummond will not come cheap. Can't kill our flexibility for such a one dimensional player that you ahudder to put in at the end of games because of his FT shooting.

Well these playoffs are going to test a lot of their theories... so far they don't have much to point to to confirm it's a championship caliber offense. I just hope they are not going to be stubborn about this in the event that we do end up getting embarrassed by Toronto or the Wiz.

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

If Drummond is essentially replacing Johnson in the starting lineup I don't think our style of offense would change all that much.  Johnson only shoots the occasional jumper/3 point shot occasionally and Drummond brings much more to the table.

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Drummond has also removed Pistons tags from the social media.

Ainge has a lot of cards to play. It could get interesting very quickly.

Possible scenario: Ainge gets Butler, then Bogut.

If no Butler, then goes after Drummond. If no Drummond, then Bogut. Mavs are waiting for Ainge.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:54:24 AM by Bobshot »

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86

I have Drummond on my fantasy team so have been watching a lot of their games. The ball doesn't move on that Detroit team and Reggie Jackson is a ball hog.

On the right team and used properly Drummond could be absolutely devastating

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

I have Drummond on my fantasy team so have been watching a lot of their games. The ball doesn't move on that Detroit team and Reggie Jackson is a ball hog.

On the right team and used properly Drummond could be absolutely devastating

Sorry I just added a couple lines in my post. I figure Drummond is backup to Butler--maybe leverage.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am not sure what "removing tags" really means from social media and how this relates to Jae Crowder doing the same. Does this mean that both players may have advance knowledge of something going down and if so, why are they keeping quiet about it and why would Detroit want Jae Crowder? This is very confusing and probably just BS.

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 11:02:36 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I encourage anyone to give me one example where this sort of social media tea-leaves reading has ever lead to an actual trade.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 11:30:02 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I encourage anyone to give me one example where this sort of social media tea-leaves reading has ever lead to an actual trade.

Andrew Bogut last year before Durant signed with the Warriors....

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
It led to horford being signed, IT knows alot more than we do

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 11:58:33 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Amir isn't exactly an outside threat. He he's made 18 3's on the year.  This would be Amir x 10 . Drummond/Thomas pick and role would be nearly unstoppable.. And you have Horford who can work from the high post out to 3 .

He is already signed long term too, won't be getting a 200 +mil contract.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 12:03:24 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I'd pull the trigger if the deal was Crowder, Zeller, Rozier, MEM 1st for Drummond. Hell, that's more than the Kings got for Cousins.

Then trade one of our late 2nds to Phoenix for Tucker.

Drummond / Johnson
Horford / Olynyk
Brown / Tucker
Bradley / Green
Thomas / Smart

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'd pull the trigger if the deal was Crowder, Zeller, Rozier, MEM 1st for Drummond. Hell, that's more than the Kings got for Cousins.

Then trade one of our late 2nds to Phoenix for Tucker.

Drummond / Johnson
Horford / Olynyk
Brown / Tucker
Bradley / Green
Thomas / Smart

You're going to have to give up at least  brk 18  and a starter AB/Jae.

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 12:12:37 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Torn on Drummond.  I think a Drummond-Horford frontcourt could work in theory (just think of him as a better version of Nerlens Noel), but you'd have to completely rework the offense.  Right now our fundamental offensive building block is the Thomas-Horford pick and pop, but Drummond's only use on offense is as a roll man.  You'd have to change to a system where everything begins with a Thomas-Drummond pick and roll, with Horford/Bradley/Crowder spreading the floor.  I don't know if Drummond is good enough to justify completely rewriting our offensive scheme mid season.

Great words from a great man