Author Topic: Cs follow Melo on Instagram  (Read 3925 times)

Re: Cs follow Melo on Instagram
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 01:18:25 AM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
I saw a few people on twitter say the celts have always followed melo.  There's no way to tell on instagram when a follow happened or recent follows or anything like that.

I don't know much about instagram. (My kids do but they're sleeping.) So excuse my ignorance in asking this.

Can a sports media outlet monitor on a daily basis a high profile athletes social media daily at critical times (e.g trade deadlines) to see who they are following and compare it to the prior day to see who's added or deleted?

Also, could that help them pinpoint when the Knicks unfollowed Melo?

Sure it's possible, but some of these athletes/teams follow hundreds of accounts.  You'd need to keep a active list of every single follow at all times so when you notice that they follow player-x or team-y, you can tell if it's a new addition and not someone they've been following for months.  Other social media platforms have the feature to see "recent follows" or gives a timestamp, but not instagram.

Re: Cs follow Melo on Instagram
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 02:20:13 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I saw a few people on twitter say the celts have always followed melo.  There's no way to tell on instagram when a follow happened or recent follows or anything like that.

I don't know much about instagram. (My kids do but they're sleeping.) So excuse my ignorance in asking this.

Can a sports media outlet monitor on a daily basis a high profile athletes social media daily at critical times (e.g trade deadlines) to see who they are following and compare it to the prior day to see who's added or deleted?

Also, could that help them pinpoint when the Knicks unfollowed Melo?

Sure it's possible, but some of these athletes/teams follow hundreds of accounts.  You'd need to keep a active list of every single follow at all times so when you notice that they follow player-x or team-y, you can tell if it's a new addition and not someone they've been following for months.  Other social media platforms have the feature to see "recent follows" or gives a timestamp, but not instagram.

TP..,,thanks for the explanation.

Better than having to wait till my kids get up.

School vacation week so they won't be up till late.