Author Topic: Boogie Camp may have killed 'other' deal.  (Read 1605 times)

Boogie Camp may have killed 'other' deal.
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:34:21 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
So Boogie pretty much screwed Kings on the way out. Seems like he did not really want to leave Sacramento. Was it the money, or what else could have attracted him so much to Sacramento.

One has to wonder who and what the other deal was. Wouldn't it be something if it was Boston.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/vlade-divac-indicates-demarcus-cousins%e2%80%99-agents-killed-other-deal/ar-AAn9hk7?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Re: Boogie Camp may have killed 'other' deal.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Time to move on.

Unless he opts out from the Pelicans, but him and AD could actually become something special.
'
I really wish we went after him...

I trust Ainge, but gah....
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 06:06:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
"Not to trust agents".

That's rich, after Vlade lied to the agent and Cousins.

His agent did say that Boogie was unlikely to sign an extension if he was traded.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 07:02:51 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Time to move on.

Unless he opts out from the Pelicans, but him and AD could actually become something special.
'

That is the be best front court since Duncan and Robinson.  Hell maybe even better, as Robinson was declining and Duncan was still green.

One more key perimeter player added and that team has definite championship potential.  They will attract free agents like crazy.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 07:21:11 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Time to move on.

'

That is the be best front court since Duncan and Robinson.  Hell maybe even better, as Robinson was declining and Duncan was still green.

One more key perimeter player added and that team has definite championship potential.  They will attract free agents like crazy.

I dont have any faith in Dell to build a championship team despite bullying Vlade and stealing his lunchmoney on this trade.

70% of the salary is spent on big men right now. Despite the immense talent in two starting positions, he basically has to build from the ground up when free agents have never been more expensive.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 08:29:02 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
"Not to trust agents".

That's rich, after Vlade lied to the agent and Cousins.

His agent did say that Boogie was unlikely to sign an extension if he was traded.
Sure but why would anyone expect him to sign an extension.  He would be giving up millions and millions of dollars unless the new team could renegotiate him to max and then sign the extension (like the Thunder did with Westbrook). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Time to move on.

'

I don't necessarily think there will be an implosion, but I am not seeing any chance of championship potential. The honeymoon period is on for the rest of this year so they should push their way into the playoffs, but this is still Cousins we are talking about.

If NOP goes on to have great success, then Danny and the rest of the league's gms should really re-consider their current profession. This was such an obvious opportunity for so many teams that there must be so much more to the story than we will ever know.

As for the OP's story - I am really not surprised.