Author Topic: Is Tyson Chandler an upgrade over Amir?  (Read 796 times)

Is Tyson Chandler an upgrade over Amir?
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:44:24 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Been thinking about this one.

Amir brings: BQIQ, defensive positioning, draws his man all the way to the 3pt line, great passing, character guy, nice inside game, offensive rebounding

Tyson brings: REBOUNDING - guy still got it, character guy, absolutely zero 3pt shooting, good passing, big defensive presence.

Identical Contracts... straight swap, maybe even throw them an extra second rounder.

I know the better deal would be to flip Zeller aplus a second, but Phoenix probably balk at that given how we potentially landed a Hall of Famer for erm, Marcus Thornton - they would need a project guy. Maybe James Young?

Not sure I would want to mess with the chemistry for a rental, but it just feels like with 1 more solid rebounder (not just Terry Rozier) we would improve dramatically on second chance points against, and become a more reliable team on the defensive end.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Is Tyson Chandler an upgrade over Amir?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:50:50 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Amir brings: BQIQ, defensive positioning, draws his man all the way to the 3pt line, great passing, character guy, nice inside game, offensive rebounding

Tyson brings: REBOUNDING - guy still got it, character guy, absolutely zero 3pt shooting, good passing, big defensive presence.

Identical Contracts... straight swap, maybe even throw them an extra second rounder.

I know the better deal would be to flip Zeller aplus a second, but Phoenix probably balk at that given how we potentially landed a Hall of Famer for erm, Marcus Thornton - they would need a project guy. Maybe James Young?

Not sure I would want to mess with the chemistry for a rental, but it just feels like with 1 more solid rebounder (not just Terry Rozier) we would improve dramatically on second chance points against, and become a more reliable team on the defensive end.

Yes he is a significant upgrade for this team.

I'm not sure where you're getting the 'rental' thing though. He's still got 2 more years left on his deal after this one at 13 per.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: Is Tyson Chandler an upgrade over Amir?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:07:21 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Yes he is a significant upgrade for this team.

I'm not sure where you're getting the 'rental' thing though. He's still got 2 more years left on his deal after this one at 13 per.

Sorry, yeah, I see it. No real rise either. It's a pretty great deal considering he's got at least 2 more years in him given the way he's been playing lately.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.