Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas With ANOTHER "Interesting" Tweet  (Read 36708 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas With An "Interesting" Tweet
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I am not sure how a deal for Melo could be put together but I am OK with adding Melo to our current core of Thomas + Horford.  It would take a miracle to beat Cleveland or GSW with that team but I feel we would be right there with anyone else (assuming we don't give up too much).

Deal for Melo is easy to be put together. Boston has the cap to absorb Melo salary and also has expiring contracts in Amir and Zeller. It shoudn't be hard at all. The question is how much of an upgrade is Melo over Crowder, he is an upgrade but i'm not sure it's too big.

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2017, 08:25:11 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Hypothetically if we did trade for Melo, that would end all other possibilities of trading for somebody else like Butler or Blake right? We wouldn't have the cap space for it?

We could actually, but we'd probably only have 4.5 guys on the roster - and I think franchises need at least 5 guys...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2017, 08:26:15 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Andre Drummond tweeted the same eye emoji as IT.

The plot thickens... :o

« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2017, 08:29:27 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Friday can't come soon enough, trade or no trade. I legit made a pot of coffee and have proceeded to refresh Twitter and Celticsblog about 1,000,000 times in an hour. I have no idea how I'm going to function at work with all these rumors!!!

I'm at a conference at the same time every year; the week of the trade deadline. That Thursday is always a very rough day for me.

BTW, would Crowder be tweeting so cheerfully if he were going somewhere or being sent to the bench? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guys who takes those things so well.

They're probably all trolling us. They should follow somebody on Instagram and then unfollow an hour later, just to keep us guessing.

Mike

« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

Hahahaha, i think they are messing with us. I can't take this anymore

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2017, 08:56:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I saw a white hoot owl outside last night .....I think it's a omen for the Celtics.  The wise old owl was saying ..who who who ...are we trading for.  ;D

LOL......you guys .......have yo checked the National Inquirer for tidbits

Too funny

« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2017, 09:00:17 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I saw a white hoot owl outside last night .....I think it's a omen for the Celtics.  The wise old owl was saying ..who who who ...are we trading for.  ;D

Too funny

I made a cold cut sandwiches.  Cold cuts come from a deli.  Deli guys know all the inside working of the NBA.  Deli guys have two eyes. 

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Quote from: iadera link=topic=89394.msg2251204#msg225we1204 date=1487678992

*sigh*

Celticsblog mentality here we go again.

One of the most talented and most clutch scorers of the past decade (and still is today)  but sure - he sucks.

Right, "Celticsblog mentality".

Care to remind me when Melo was clutch, because I think his career is littered with underachievements and missed big shots (except for Team USA, where he`s playing with a bunch of All-Stars against second rate competition)?

He`s the prototype for "all hype, no wins".

Lebron wants him in Cleveland, Wade wants him in Chicago - but sure, he sucks.  I mean, what does do those guys know?  They only have about 6 championships between them.

So, about as much as Jordan?

Maybe it has to do with the fact they`re all buddy-buddy with each other?
I haven't checked the last couple years but Melo had one of the best all time clutch shooting % in the last minute of one possession games in front of guys like Paul pierce ray Allen and Kobe so yeah he has proven to be pretty clutch, he has never had a team good enough to make a finals run so I can't judge him there.

He was pretty clutch in the NCAA tourney in his day, guy can ball.

But the team with Amare, Chandler, JR Smith, Shumpert, Felton together with Melo should have done more than they did.

You've got to be kidding me,  right?

Amare is the only other guy on that last who was anything more then a good role player.

Tyson Chandler was basically a better Kendrick Perkins minus the angry.   He was a good starter,  nothing more.

Smith has always been a scrub, Felton is a nobody, and Shumpert is was a poor man's  version of a poor man's Avery Bradley.

I didn't say they should have taken the C'ship, but most of those players were at their prime. I think you're overreacting a bit. You can't say Amare never was a good player. He had some great years with Suns where he was their best player together with Nash.
 They were all more than good role players and together with Melo they could and should have done more.
Perhaps, Mike D'Antoni was the reason.
They lost in the second round to an up and coming pacers team who would go on to win 56 games the next season with the same core so slightly disappointing but understandable, not like they had a chance against the heat. And to blame melo for that loss when he averaged 28.5 and over 7 rebounds while your boy jr spliff couldn't shoot over 30% your boy amare stoudemire was averaging 8 points a game. http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2013-nba-eastern-conference-semifinals-pacers-vs-knicks.html

I'm not the biggest melo fan in the world but dude can ball dude is a winner and the dude has never had a team, don't let your emotions cloud your judgement.

Nah, he is a loser, and a stiff. He is what he is, a gunner, a ball stopper, terrible defender, and horrible team player.

« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2017, 05:12:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow, ever since IT's tweet, there's been nonstop rumors and reports for BOS  :laugh:

Before that, *crickets* (and a few hours of Boogie talks but that's it)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 is a rascal

What is the point

« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2017, 05:29:06 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Too funny

I made a cold cut sandwiches.  Cold cuts come from a deli.  Deli guys know all the inside working of the NBA.  Deli guys have two eyes.

Celtics Thug had two eyes also. So confusing. Who to believe?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

Too funny

I AM DYING!!!! AWESOME!!! TP!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2017, 02:12:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
haha another one, i love this dude...

https://twitter.com/Isaiah_Thomas/status/834478524933091328

What was the tweet?

An hourglass.

Coincidentally this is like an hour after the "PG13 Market being assessed" report came out.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller