Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas With ANOTHER "Interesting" Tweet  (Read 36722 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas With An "Interesting" Tweet
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2017, 01:02:09 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Jesus, Crowder on twiter now:

😎😜😆

For those of us that are emoji illiterate, what does that mean?

Means the are trolling the heck out of us...

They're all probably having a few drinks at a bar and having fun at our expense.

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2017, 01:03:45 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Jesus, Crowder on twiter now:

😎😜😆

For those of us that are emoji illiterate, what does that mean?

Means the are trolling the heck out of us...

They're all probably having a few drinks at a bar and having fun at our expense.

Reading CB right now, watching us decipher emoji meanings.

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2017, 01:06:02 AM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
Carmelo just took "New York Knicks" out of his Instagram bio.

There's a website that allows you to see what a web page looked like on a previous date (there's a few you can google them yourself).  It never said "New York Knicks" in his bio.

« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2017, 04:50:06 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Someone IS coming obviously...but as few days ago we still don't know who. So, IT's emoji-discussion is irrelevant.

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2017, 05:08:09 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
IT just started following Melo.

I would cry if we got Melo (sadness, not happiness). He is 32 making 24 million this year, 26 million next year and 28 million the year after that...

Lol thats an absolute bargain compared to $26m for Horford or $30m for Millsap/Hayward.

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2017, 05:10:48 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
I love the idea of trading for Carmelo.  The cost for Butler sounds so prohibitive while won't need to sacrifice our future for Melo.  AJ, Zeller, Bradley, a couple of non Brooklyn first round picks, or a first and Yab should be enough for Melo and Quinn. 

Melo could disrupt the chemistry of the team, be a ball stopper, and lazy defender, but I think we should take the chance.  Our team isn't built for the playoffs with only one go to scorer.  In the playoffs, teams can plan on stopping IT more effectively than during the hectic regular season.  Melo gives us that additional scorer.  We have seen him play an effective team game in the Olympics.  Granted that team was full of other stars, but he would realize his time is running out and this would be his last chance to contend.

We certainly wouldn't be the favorites, but we might have a fighting chance.  And of course we would still have Brown and the Brooklyn picks.

Look you go for Melo if you want better championship chances, but you're hindering the possibility of bringing in Hayward or Griffin. If Ainge feels like Melo is the answer, he's going to pretty much take up our cap space.

I feel like Hayward and Griffin could be possible chances..

And I'm not going to lie.

I would love to see how this team ends up.

They have the chemistry, and their finally clicking. We just need a rebounder/decent big.

No way in a million years would I take Hayward over Melo...and i dont think is take Griffin over him either.  Griffin is as injury prone as Kevin Love - the guy can't make it through two playoff rounds no matter how good his team is,  he's guaranteed to get injured at some point.

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2017, 05:13:39 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Celtics Official Instagram just started following............................ Carmelo Anthony.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/celtics-follow-carmelo-anthony-instagram-fueling-trade-rumors-article-1.2977759

Dont do this.

If we can land melo, Bogut , Tucker while giving up just crowder and non brk picks for melo, and expirings and picks for bogut and tucker do it!

Why? Melo sucks...

*sigh*

Celticsblog mentality here we go again.

One of the most talented and most clutch scorers of the past decade (and still is today)  but sure - he sucks.

Lebron wants him in Cleveland, Wade wants him in Chicago - but sure, he sucks.  I mean, what does do those guys know?  They only have about 6 championships between them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:18:41 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2017, 05:20:49 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

*sigh*

One of the most talented and most clutch scorers of the past decade (and still is today)  but sure - he sucks.

Right, "Celticsblog mentality".

Care to remind me when Melo was clutch, because I think his career is littered with underachievements and missed big shots (except for Team USA, where he`s playing with a bunch of All-Stars against second rate competition)?

He`s the prototype for "all hype, no wins".

Lebron wants him in Cleveland, Wade wants him in Chicago - but sure, he sucks.  I mean, what does do those guys know?  They only have about 6 championships between them.

So, about as much as Jordan?

Maybe it has to do with the fact they`re all buddy-buddy with each other?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2017, 05:30:18 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Celtics Official Instagram just started following............................ Carmelo Anthony.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/celtics-follow-carmelo-anthony-instagram-fueling-trade-rumors-article-1.2977759

Dont do this.

If we can land melo, Bogut , Tucker while giving up just crowder and non brk picks for melo, and expirings and picks for bogut and tucker do it!

Why? Melo sucks...

*sigh*

Lol yep this blog....guys let's not give up james young and a second rounder for lebron! That second rounder could turn into lebron!

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2017, 05:46:19 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Dont do this.

Why? Melo sucks...

*sigh*

Lol yep this blog....guys let's not give up james young and a second rounder for lebron! That second rounder could turn into lebron!

Let`s see, a) marginalization by association, b) a strawman, c) no argument whatsoever.

Yup, the internet trifecta of "I don`t know what I`m talking about".
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2017, 06:01:25 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2017, 06:18:48 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
I think the reason most fans (including me) don't like melo is because he has proven for as long as he's been in this division (which is a pretty big sample size) that he is a punk, a me-first player, and does not give a [dang] about winning.. just my .02
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2017, 06:19:10 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

*sigh*

Care to remind me when Melo was clutch, because I think his career is littered with underachievements and missed big shots (except for Team USA, where he`s playing with a bunch of All-Stars against second rate competition)?

I haven't checked the last couple years but Melo had one of the best all time clutch shooting % in the last minute of one possession games in front of guys like Paul pierce ray Allen and Kobe so yeah he has proven to be pretty clutch, he has never had a team good enough to make a finals run so I can't judge him there.

He was pretty clutch in the NCAA tourney in his day, guy can ball.

« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2017, 06:33:17 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

*sigh*

I haven't checked the last couple years but Melo had one of the best all time clutch shooting % in the last minute of one possession games in front of guys like Paul pierce ray Allen and Kobe so yeah he has proven to be pretty clutch, he has never had a team good enough to make a finals run so I can't judge him there.

Exactly.

Melo was I think top 3 or 4 all time among active players in clutch scoring at that time.

Granted that was about 4 years ago,  but the point remains.

He also led the Nuggets pretty deep in the playoffs when he was there,  and his first couple of years in new York he took them from an annual bottom 5 team to one of the top teams in the east.

Then amare got hurt,  and Melo has never had any decent help since.

To say Melo isn't a winner is silly.   He absolutely has a winning mentality.  But even a winner cannot carry a team of garbage to success.

Hell Durant only took the Thunder to the finals once, and he had Westbrook,  Harden and Ibaka as help. Nobody sits around calling Durant a loser.

The best player Melo has had since Amare's decline is a second year Porzingis for goodness sake.

But people go and make silly and obviously biased comments like "he sucks". You dont put up the type of scoring numbers Melo has put up his entire career by being a crap player.   

Like him or loathe him, he's one of the most skilled and versatile scorers of this generation.

Now if somebody makes a rational comment giving justification as to why they don't like him as a player,  or why he wouldn't fit the team,  then I respect that.

But when somebody makes a comment like "he sucks" with nothing to justify it then that's just a garbage post.

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2017, 06:36:38 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

*sigh*

But the team with Amare, Chandler, JR Smith, Shumpert, Felton together with Melo should have done more than they did.