Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas With ANOTHER "Interesting" Tweet  (Read 36720 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas With An "Interesting" Tweet
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2017, 12:10:04 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
IT just started following Melo.

I would cry if we got Melo (sadness, not happiness). He is 32 making 24 million this year, 26 million next year and 28 million the year after that...

Who else are we going to spend the money on?  I don't see why Griffin or Heyward would leave their current teams.  Who else is there?

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2017, 12:10:32 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Windhorst reporting that the Bulls have made everyone available for trades EXCEPT Butler.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2017, 12:13:58 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I love the idea of trading for Carmelo.  The cost for Butler sounds so prohibitive while won't need to sacrifice our future for Melo.  AJ, Zeller, Bradley, a couple of non Brooklyn first round picks, or a first and Yab should be enough for Melo and Quinn. 

Melo could disrupt the chemistry of the team, be a ball stopper, and lazy defender, but I think we should take the chance.  Our team isn't built for the playoffs with only one go to scorer.  In the playoffs, teams can plan on stopping IT more effectively than during the hectic regular season.  Melo gives us that additional scorer.  We have seen him play an effective team game in the Olympics.  Granted that team was full of other stars, but he would realize his time is running out and this would be his last chance to contend.

We certainly wouldn't be the favorites, but we might have a fighting chance.  And of course we would still have Brown and the Brooklyn picks.

Look you go for Melo if you want better championship chances, but you're hindering the possibility of bringing in Hayward or Griffin. If Ainge feels like Melo is the answer, he's going to pretty much take up our cap space.

I feel like Hayward and Griffin could be possible chances..

He could very well completely overhaul his game if he were to buy into a system and truly realize he needs to sacrifice in order to win.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2017, 12:14:56 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I'm no Twitter expert, is this legit?? 

"Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@GregJames0  1h1 hour ago
More
 Chicago has agreed to trade Jimmy Butler to the Boston Celtics, league source tells @TheVertical."

Fake twitter.. notice the handle.

Trolls be trolling

Really quiet right now.. doubt that isaiah tweet was basketball related.

He was staring at his wife Kayla's butt and decided to tweet about it

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2017, 12:19:44 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

*vomits*
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2017, 12:21:24 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Celtics Official Instagram just started following............................ Carmelo Anthony.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/celtics-follow-carmelo-anthony-instagram-fueling-trade-rumors-article-1.2977759

Dont do this.

If we can land melo, Bogut , Tucker while giving up just crowder and non brk picks for melo, and expirings and picks for bogut and tucker do it!

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2017, 12:26:05 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2017, 12:29:09 AM »

Offline Schiller

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • Ball Don't Lie!

I would cry if we got Melo (sadness, not happiness). He is 32 making 24 million this year, 26 million next year and 28 million the year after that...

Who else are we going to spend the money on?  I don't see why Griffin or Heyward would leave their current teams.  Who else is there?

In hindsight maybe that was a bit dramatic/reactionary...However, he would also hinder the possibility of other trades by using up cap space and assets. I think both could be used better elsewhere.
"I'm cold-blooded!" - Paul Pierce

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2017, 12:30:03 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Celtics Official Instagram just started following............................ Carmelo Anthony.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/celtics-follow-carmelo-anthony-instagram-fueling-trade-rumors-article-1.2977759

Dont do this.

If we can land melo, Bogut , Tucker while giving up just crowder and non brk picks for melo, and expirings and picks for bogut and tucker do it!

Why? Melo sucks...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2017, 12:31:22 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Dont do this.

Doubt we can get all 3 due to cap space. Amir, Zeller, Young, and Clippers 1st would be a decent price for melo

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2017, 12:35:29 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I love the idea of trading for Carmelo.  The cost for Butler sounds so prohibitive while won't need to sacrifice our future for Melo.  AJ, Zeller, Bradley, a couple of non Brooklyn first round picks, or a first and Yab should be enough for Melo and Quinn. 

Melo could disrupt the chemistry of the team, be a ball stopper, and lazy defender, but I think we should take the chance.  Our team isn't built for the playoffs with only one go to scorer.  In the playoffs, teams can plan on stopping IT more effectively than during the hectic regular season.  Melo gives us that additional scorer.  We have seen him play an effective team game in the Olympics.  Granted that team was full of other stars, but he would realize his time is running out and this would be his last chance to contend.

We certainly wouldn't be the favorites, but we might have a fighting chance.  And of course we would still have Brown and the Brooklyn picks.

Look you go for Melo if you want better championship chances, but you're hindering the possibility of bringing in Hayward or Griffin. If Ainge feels like Melo is the answer, he's going to pretty much take up our cap space.

I feel like Hayward and Griffin could be possible chances..

He could very well completely overhaul his game if he were to buy into a system and truly realize he needs to sacrifice in order to win.

Very well then, I love the idea of a IT, Smart, Anthony, and Horford team.

We would be one good decent big men away from being one of the best teams out there.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2017, 12:35:38 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

In hindsight maybe that was a bit dramatic/reactionary...However, he would also hinder the possibility of other trades by using up cap space and assets. I think both could be used better elsewhere.

Fair point, but it's hard to pull off these deals.  We've been talking about using assets and cap space for years without getting much done. 

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2017, 12:37:44 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Dont do this.

Doubt we can get all 3 due to cap space. Amir, Zeller, Young, and Clippers 1st would be a decent price for melo

Amir, crowder, jerebko plus non brk picks works salary wise for melo

Still have zeller + picks to land Bogut and young, Green , mickey + picks to get tucker

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2017, 12:46:08 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Dont do this.

Amir, crowder, jerebko plus non brk picks works salary wise for melo

Still have zeller + picks to land Bogut and young, Green , mickey + picks to get tucker
I wouldn't want to give Crowder up tho. IMO Mello is more of a 4 these days. And at this point I think NY just wants to cut ties with him.