Author Topic: From Blog A Bull, Is This Trade Idea Something You'd Consider?  (Read 5822 times)

Re: From Blog A Bull, Is This Trade Idea Something You'd Consider?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
take MCW and Smart out of the deal, put in Bradley, or if that is rejected, Crowder.

Nah I wouldn't deal Crowder. Bradley yes.
honestly, Id rather keep Smart than Crowder.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 04:53:45 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
In the end I think Chi will  settle for Brook 17+Crowder+Rozier.

It's gonna cost more to add Gibson/Lopez.

Bulls might throw in Lopez if they can deal for Okafor. Lopez nice rebounder/defender at the 5.Horford plays the 4, as he prefers.

Lopez apparently does very well in advanced metrics, he's the kind of Anti-Brook, poor at offense, great at D and hussle.

Here's a quote form an article in 2014:

"During the 2013-14 season, Lopez faced an unbelievably high 10.3 field goal attempts at the rim per game. That’s behind Spencer Hawes, 10.4, and tied with DeAndre Jordan for the second-most in the entire league.

Hawes allowed opponents to shoot 52.3 percent in those situations. Jordan checked in at a solid 49.4 percent.

Lopez can be found all the way down at 42.5 percent. The first sign of an elite rim protector.

Not only is that a stunning percentage—and that adjective doesn’t do it justice—but that’s the second-best mark of any player in the entire league. The only one who has a better mark is Hibbert, who limits opponents to 41.4 percent shooting when he meets them at the rim."

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/04/20/nba-making-robin-lopezs-case-2014-defensive-team/

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
MCW = Michael Carter Williams. Local kid like Noel. I think from Lowell. Noel from Everett. Wonder how they view him. Gibson or Lopez better fit for rebounding. Lopez a real 5. Horford prefers the 4.

Danny has to balance $10M per yr savings on Butler's contract for 3 yrs vs value of nets17 pick. Probably a 19yo kid. It comes down to that.

Im from Lowell, he's deffinitely not lol. Hamilton I think? Only kid I know from Lowell who's been drafted is Alex Oriakhi. 2013 Suns 2nd rounder.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 05:01:17 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
How much value would Danny save if he took on Rondo in the deal?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gus49vy

Zeller, Amir, Bradley, Rozier plus C'c 2018 pick and Clippers 2019?

I mean, taking back Rondo has to count for something right??

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bradley, Rozier, 2018 Nets.. That's the basis of what I'd offer for Butler.  Amir or Zeller as filler.

Other than that, I'd be willing to talk about other non-BRK 1sts and prospects other than Smart and Brown as sweeteners.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 05:05:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Basically, in a deal for Butler I'm keeping Smart, 2017 Nets, Brown, Thomas, Crowder, Horford, and Olynyk.

I'd be willing to talk about any of the other assets.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
MCW = Michael Carter Williams. Local kid like Noel. I think from Lowell. Noel from Everett. Wonder how they view him. Gibson or Lopez better fit for rebounding. Lopez a real 5. Horford prefers the 4.

Danny has to balance $10M per yr savings on Butler's contract for 3 yrs vs value of nets17 pick. Probably a 19yo kid. It comes down to that.

Im from Lowell, he's deffinitely not lol. Hamilton I think? Only kid I know from Lowell who's been drafted is Alex Oriakhi. 2013 Suns 2nd rounder.
Pretty sure he is from Hamilton or Wenham
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 05:06:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Basically, in a deal for Butler I'm keeping Smart, 2017 Nets, Brown, Thomas, Crowder, Horford, and Olynyk.

Olynyk? untouchable?

Also, Id have a really really hard time turning down Nets '18 + Crowder

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 05:16:04 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

From Hamilton, MA. Prepped at St. Andrews in RI. Providence tried to recruit him, but he went to Syracuse.

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 05:25:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I think the NBA adding two extra roster spots to each team makes a trade less likely. Also if you look at what the Kings got for Boogie, The Bulls are not getting the kings ransom they think Butler is worth. I'd do a nonBrooklyn 1st rounder, maybe two, a couple of seconds Rozier and fillers for Butler and that's more than the Kings got. Our future is bright we don't have to make a trade but Chicago has to do something with there mess of a roster.

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 05:30:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Olynyk? untouchable?

Also, Id have a really really hard time turning down Nets '18 + Crowder

Obviously not 'untouchable', but if we are trading for Butler, then cap space is out for this summer and KO is back on the table to return. With his recent strong pay and our ability to keep him at 'whatever' cost, he is a REALLY good product to have coming off the bench in today's NBA.

Also, I question anybody who offers Crowder in a deal over AB or even Smart. Is it that people just don't like him very much? The other two are going to get majorly PAID after next season. I know ownership has been willing to go over the luxury tax to field a contender, but no reason to let one of the best contracts in the NBA go if we don't need to.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think the NBA adding two extra roster spots to each team makes a trade less likely. Also if you look at what the Kings got for Boogie, The Bulls are not getting the kings ransom they think Butler is worth. I'd do a nonBrooklyn 1st rounder, maybe two, a couple of seconds Rozier and fillers for Butler and that's more than the Kings got. Our future is bright we don't have to make a trade but Chicago has to do something with there mess of a roster.

You are going to get slammed by the pro-Butler crowd on such a paltry offer. I don't disagree with you on not wanting to include BKN picks, but I think you need to at least let AB go in the deal, as well as the player/picks you proposed.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 05:36:47 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
How much value would Danny save if he took on Rondo in the deal?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gus49vy

Zeller, Amir, Bradley, Rozier plus C'c 2018 pick and Clippers 2019?

I mean, taking back Rondo has to count for something right??

Without giving up 1 of the 2 Brooklyn picks it won't happen.  You won't get a cost controlled All NBA player 2 way player for 2 low # 1's, Rozier, 2 expiring contracts and 1 year of Bradley.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
http://www.blogabull.com/2017/2/20/14668714/on-a-potential-celtics-trade-for-jimmy-yes-another-one-of-those-and

I honestly don't think Jimmy is worth both Brooklyn picks. And I also think that Brown won't be traded because he's highly rated by the Celtics FO and their fans.

So, we build around it. Jimmy, MCW and Canaan for '17 BKN Pick, Smart, Johnson, Jerebko, '17 Clippers second rounder, '17 T-Wolves second rounder and '19 Grizzlies Pick. Maybe add another late first rounder. Not that this is my preference (I personally think Jimmy is worth another extra asset) but after the Cousins/Ibaka trades, this is what the market looks like. Will the Bulls be OK with a trade like this?

Now I know, I know, it's their blog and it doesn't matter what fans think, and also I wouldn't want to give up Smart either. But if you could work around that and maybe include someone else, and get back Taj or Lopez as well in the deal, would you consider this? I would.

I would deal Bradley only because I imagine Smart+IT get extended after 2018, and I'd keep Smart over Bradley honestly (also Smart would get less on his next contract than Bradley who could get near max).
Tell them to go **** themselves because that is NOT his market value, the cousins trade already took any brk picks off the table, he's worth a prospect, two mid late firsts,  an expiring and a few seconds, you guys are seriously overpaying, if cousins is only worth of a prospect, an expiring, a first, a second, an expiring and a cheap rotation guy butler is definitely not worth any of the packages mentioned above
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 05:44:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think folks here ready to give up 2017 Brooklyn pick need to study draft more. We have about a 65% chance of landing top 3 pick. Top 3 in this draft is more value than Butler. I see Butler as a nice complimentary piece.  Guys like Jackson and Ball (not sure about Fultz) have much higher ceiling than that.

Keep pick. Draft Jackson.