Author Topic: From Blog A Bull, Is This Trade Idea Something You'd Consider?  (Read 5818 times)

From Blog A Bull, Is This Trade Idea Something You'd Consider?
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:11:48 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.blogabull.com/2017/2/20/14668714/on-a-potential-celtics-trade-for-jimmy-yes-another-one-of-those-and

I honestly don't think Jimmy is worth both Brooklyn picks. And I also think that Brown won't be traded because he's highly rated by the Celtics FO and their fans.

So, we build around it. Jimmy, MCW and Canaan for '17 BKN Pick, Smart, Johnson, Jerebko, '17 Clippers second rounder, '17 T-Wolves second rounder and '19 Grizzlies Pick. Maybe add another late first rounder. Not that this is my preference (I personally think Jimmy is worth another extra asset) but after the Cousins/Ibaka trades, this is what the market looks like. Will the Bulls be OK with a trade like this?

Now I know, I know, it's their blog and it doesn't matter what fans think, and also I wouldn't want to give up Smart either. But if you could work around that and maybe include someone else, and get back Taj or Lopez as well in the deal, would you consider this? I would.

I would deal Bradley only because I imagine Smart+IT get extended after 2018, and I'd keep Smart over Bradley honestly (also Smart would get less on his next contract than Bradley who could get near max).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: From Blog A Bull, Is This Trade Idea Something You'd Consider?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Yes, I would consider that move. 

It depends on Rozier stepping up and taking on more PG duties. 

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
take MCW and Smart out of the deal, put in Bradley, or if that is rejected, Crowder.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I would absolutely do that deal, but I would try to include Bradley instead of Smart.  Hopefully they'd take Bradley+Rozier in place of Smart
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:25:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
take MCW and Smart out of the deal, put in Bradley, or if that is rejected, Crowder.

Nah I wouldn't deal Crowder. Bradley yes.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Taking on more guards is something that makes this particular trade proposal a no go. My guess is if someone is coming to Boston with Butler, especially if we are giving up matching salaries in the form of front court players, that a front court pkayer is coming back here...like Taj Gibson.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Who is MCW? Wade? No. They might take Gibson or Lopez. I think the Bulls would prefer a 3 like Crowder plus the nets 17 plus filler. Lopez or Gibson yes for added player or draft pick. Maybe the Bulls would then trade for Okafor.

What Ainge would give up that nets pick for is Butler's CONTRACT.  He's made that clear, and he's right. That contract is gold. The money angle is important for GMs.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Nope, any deal for Butler needs to wait until the summer. I have been saying it over and over again, but we actually have the cap space to sign Hayward for free - why on earth would we make such a trade unless we were certain it was going to put us over the top THIS year (it likely won't).

I like Jimmy as a player and I am sure Bulls nation would be happy to replace Smart with AB in the deal and would be okay with Taj instead of MCW, but a superior player (and need for the Cs) in Cousins went for a lesser package than this. I am not ready to go 'all-in' until we get a hard no from Hayward/Griffin. Ainge worked too hard to get cap space this summer to cave now.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 04:45:01 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
In the end I think Chi will  settle for Brook 17+Crowder+Rozier.

It's gonna cost more to add Gibson/Lopez.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
MCW = Michael Carter Williams. Local kid like Noel. I think from Lowell. Noel from Everett. Wonder how they view him. Gibson or Lopez better fit for rebounding. Lopez a real 5. Horford prefers the 4.

Danny has to balance $10M per yr savings on Butler's contract for 3 yrs vs value of nets17 pick. Probably a 19yo kid. It comes down to that.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Who is MCW? Wade? No. They might take Gibson or Lopez. I think the Bulls would prefer a 3 like Crowder plus the nets 17 plus filler. Lopez or Gibson yes for added player or draft pick. Maybe the Bulls would then trade for Okafor.

What Ainge would give up that nets pick for is Butler's CONTRACT.  He's made that clear, and he's right. That contract is gold. The money angle is important for GMs.

MCW is 213 ROY Michael Carter-Williams
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 04:47:45 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
In the end I think Chi will  settle for Brook 17+Crowder+Rozier.

It's gonna cost more to add Gibson/Lopez.

Bulls might throw in Lopez if they can deal for Okafor. Lopez nice rebounder/defender at the 5.Horford plays the 4, as he prefers.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 04:48:07 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
If we DID add Butler, I think that instantly makes us a more attractive destination for other stars.

If we acquire him, would it be a good fit to land Melo on the cheap? I feel that Butler and Smart's defense would go a long way towards making up for Melo and IT's defensive problems.

I wonder if we could nab him for KO, Ziziz/Yab, Bradley, and the Memphis and CLips picks?

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 04:49:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I like the framework of the deal, but I hate giving up Smart. He is a guy I want to have on the floor in key moments of big games for us going forward. Replace him with Bradley or Crowder and then I'm good.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 04:51:03 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'm with everyone else who says remove Smart and replace him with Bradley. I would do Butler and MCW for Bradley, Zeller, Rozier, the rights to Nader, and the picks mentioned above + the LAC 1st.