Author Topic: Forsberg: Celtics "incredibly high" on Brown  (Read 10538 times)

Re: Forsberg: Celtics "incredibly high" on Brown
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2017, 07:07:33 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm seeing a lot of comps to Butler, George, and DeRozan, and even to Iguodala, but those players (like Cousins) haven't led their teams to the promised land, and don't figure to (at least anytime soon).

He compares very well to Kawhi Leonard when he came out of school.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2017, 07:15:53 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
shocking.  boston telling the media they love their prospects.   lars anderson loves jaylen brown.

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2017, 07:39:36 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Love the kid, loved the pick and he hasn't done anything to disappoint..  His points per game really mean nothing. What does is he is in the game down the stretch.. Actually closed out a couple of games on the floor.. Doesn't look out of place.. And since that bad turnover at the end of that game (bulls game I think) he has not looked to much like a rook in those moments..  He has poise, he doesn't force it.. makes the right play..

Learning under CBS on a playoff team will be amazing for Browns Future.  He will be a star.. You can feel it.

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I feel that culture, and coaching have a great effect on the devlopment of players (i.e. how likely they are to succeed). The Celtics right now have a competitive advantage as far as the situation they are developing players in. To me, this means that a player like Jaylen Brown is worth more to them, than he would be to almost any team in the league.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2017, 07:52:49 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Jaylen Brown is overrated as hell.  I hope I'm wrong but that kid is average at best.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2017, 07:56:25 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Jaylen Brown is overrated as hell.  I hope I'm wrong but that kid is average at best.
Overrated?  What does that even mean?  No one is talking about how good he is now so his rating doesn't apply.

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2017, 08:03:55 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Overrated?  What does that even mean?  No one is talking about how good he is now so his rating doesn't apply.

Read the title again.  Then read almost every post around here about Jaylen Brown.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I liked the pick at the time, and I still like it. But that doesn't prevent me from seeing this for what it is: a franchise talking up the value of a player that could be used in a trade within the next few days.

Nothing has changed with this Boogie trade to the Pelicans. There is nothing "special" about Jaylen or the Brooklyn picks. Danny will trade Jaylen, or the picks, in a heartbeat for a player that he likes. He just didn't like Boogie enough to trade for him. We can disagree with that, but let's not see this for something it isn't.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2017, 08:28:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I liked the pick at the time, and I still like it. But that doesn't prevent me from seeing this for what it is: a franchise talking up the value of a player that could be used in a trade within the next few days.

Nothing has changed with this Boogie trade to the Pelicans. There is nothing "special" about Jaylen or the Brooklyn picks. Danny will trade Jaylen, or the picks, in a heartbeat for a player that he likes. He just didn't like Boogie enough to trade for him. We can disagree with that, but let's not see this for something it isn't.

Not following your point. If you're saying that there is nothing "special" about Brown or the Brooklyn 17 pick, we can't have a semantically argument over the word "special" which is a waste of our time. How about "very valuable"? Does that work?

More pertinently, would you have traded Brown and Brooklyn 17 for Cousins? For Butler?  I seriously doubt Danny or any other GM in his position would do that. For Anthony DAVIS or Towns? Well sure. But that is irrelevant.

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Read the title again.  Then read almost every post around here about Jaylen Brown.

So because people like Brown means he's overrated?

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2017, 08:35:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Exactly...and given that he is only 20 and they can control him possibly for a decade or longer, you can see why they are incredibly high on him.

I guess it depends how you want to define "incredibly high."

To me, Jaylen has not done anything to hurt his stock for me compared to how I felt about him as a prospect when he was drafted.  Indeed, he's done a lot to improve my confidence in his ability to one day become a star.

All of that said, I felt the range of outcomes when he was drafted was fairly wide.  Now, I'm pretty sure he's going to be a contributor in the league.  I feel pretty good that he will one day turn himself into a starting caliber wing.  I'm still a good distance away from feeling like it's more likely than not that he will one day be an All-Star, let alone a "top 10 player" as somebody else in this thread suggested.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2017, 08:41:19 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

There is a fine line between "like" and "obsessed."  I like Brown...meaning I'd tolerate his talent and potential insofar I don't have anything better but I won't hesitate to trade a thousand Jaylen Browns for one Cousins.  To insist and stand pat on an average-at-best talent like Jaylen Brown over a Cousins is INSANITY.  I would commit such person to an asylum without a doubt.  It's madness. 

In brief, I'd take Jaylen over Gerald Green, over Kelly Olynyk, even over Crowder, but no way in hell I'd hold on to Jaylen over a Cousins.  I feel disgusted to even type out the last part of that sentence.

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Not following your point. If you're saying that there is nothing "special" about Brown or the Brooklyn 17 pick, we can't have a semantically argument over the word "special" which is a waste of our time. How about "very valuable"? Does that work?

More pertinently, would you have traded Brown and Brooklyn 17 for Cousins? For Butler?  I seriously doubt Danny or any other GM in his position would do that. For Anthony DAVIS or Towns? Well sure. But that is irrelevant.

I would have made that trade for Cousins, yeah. But I think this has less to do with being "incredibly high on Brown" and more to do with "not really wanting Cousins."
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2017, 08:43:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

There is a fine line between "like" and "obsessed."  I like Brown...meaning I'd tolerate his talent and potential insofar I don't have anything better but I won't hesitate to trade a thousand Jaylen Browns for one Cousins.  To insist and stand pat on an average-at-best talent like Jaylen Brown over a Cousins is INSANITY.  I would commit such person to an asylum without a doubt.  It's madness. 

In brief, I'd take Jaylen over Gerald Green, over Kelly Olynyk, even over Crowder, but no way in hell I'd hold on to Jaylen over a Cousins.  I feel disgusted to even type out that previous sentence.

No one is "obsessed" with Brown, they just like they see.

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2017, 08:43:37 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Bwhahaaaaaa........
He's 20 years old.