Author Topic: Add Matt Barnes for nothing  (Read 4326 times)

Re: Add Matt Barnes for nothing
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Matt Barnes is not good enough to make this team.

James Young, Gerald Green, Jaylen Brown. All better than Matt Barnes.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 02:16:07 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Barnes the player would be a good addition because we need some rebounding (and his 5.5 rpg in 25 mpg would be great), but I don't want Barnes anywhere near our locker room.  He makes Boogie look like a model citizen
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:30:41 PM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 02:28:32 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
There is not a player on this planet that I would want less than Barnes. He is the most cancerous guy possible.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 02:45:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
There is not a player on this planet that I would want less than Barnes. He is the most cancerous guy possible.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 02:47:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Barnes probably goes back to the undermanned Clippers.

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Can't stand the guy. Just say no.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
NOOOOOO thank you. 

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Barnes the player would be a good addition because we need some rebounding (and his 5.5 rpg in 25 mpg would be great), but I don't want Barnes anywhere near our locker room.  He makes Boogie look like a model citizen
What if we ask him to use the visitor locker room?

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 04:09:15 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Oh Boy, here we go. Many people commenting on a guy they don't even know. We're weak at the 3, I don't see what would be so horrible to add him for practically nothing (barring some major move by the trade deadline). Despite what many of you think , Players aren't that weak minded whereas if you had a guy who's a "locker room cancer" , it's not going to spread like a virus. Goodness you guys act as if we picked up Barnes then all of a sudden IT will get the "plague" and he won't be able to shoot anymore or many of our other players will start fighting guys who may be banging their ex-wives/girlfriends.

Barnes can play good D and actually get some much need points and bring a bit of toughness to the roster. I can't see how having him come off the bench will "destroy" this team.

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
If the Cs said no to Cousins because of attitude issues, they should say no to Barnes for the same reason.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Oh Boy, here we go. Many people commenting on a guy they don't even know. We're weak at the 3, I don't see what would be so horrible to add him for practically nothing (barring some major move by the trade deadline). Despite what many of you think , Players aren't that weak minded whereas if you had a guy who's a "locker room cancer" , it's not going to spread like a virus. Goodness you guys act as if we picked up Barnes then all of a sudden IT will get the "plague" and he won't be able to shoot anymore or many of our other players will start fighting guys who may be banging their ex-wives/girlfriends.

Barnes can play good D and actually get some much need points and bring a bit of toughness to the roster. I can't see how having him come off the bench will "destroy" this team.

Yeah, it's not like Barnes has ever been a bad influence on any of his teammates.  It's not like they're going out to clubs together and getting into fights

Wait...
I'm bitter.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Why not? -- because CANCER.  That's all.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 05:54:12 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
It's difficult, but the OP has managed to get the impossible: all the forum agree on something  :laugh:

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19

Yeah, it's not like Barnes has ever been a bad influence on any of his teammates.  It's not like they're going out to clubs together and getting into fights

Wait...

And if that were to happen (again you guys are assuming everyone on the C's roster aren't adults and don't know how to make sound decisions because Barnes is there ) he can be cut. I'm in no ways suggesting signing him to a longterm ridiculous deal. Barnes is a good player and seeing that he can be had for a washing machine and a pack of gum , I for one think it's worth the risk.

As for Boogie, I don't think Ainge ever TRULY wanted him or perhaps in the past Sacramento was asking for wayyy too much. There's no evidence or indication that will lead any of you to make an assumption that we didn't pick up Cousins because he has "mental issues".

You guys kill me with the "locker room cancer" talk. You guys are speaking of people you don't know personally and second he's had a productive career. Fine i'll take my trip on the island by myself but for just a short term 2017 move to shore up the roster..... I don't think you have anything to lose by picking him up. He's not going to destroy the franchise. I'd like one of you guys to give me a recent example of a guy "cancer" who did. Give me an example of a team that was destined for the conference finals or finals but DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN they added a talented cancer and the whole franchise was destroyed.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 07:10:50 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

For your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMlA3_jcik (0.20 mark)

Dude is the NBA's most notable goon. He doesn't really play defense very well (unless you count hard fouls) is an incredibly streaky shooter, and overall tends to seek out bad situations.

3P% < 33% [League average is 36%]
DBPM  0.2
TOV% 16.8% [League average is 12.8%]

Hard pass.