Author Topic: Brad Stevens said no about coaching Cousins.  (Read 20017 times)

Re: Brad Stevens said no about coaching Cousins.
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2017, 04:51:15 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Here is the press conference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkDLArSa8io

In the end he said, "I'm going to work playing every game like it's my last."

If that's not the embodiment of what is considered a Celtic, I don't know what is.  Imagine him on the court with Marcus "The Bulldog" Smart...

I can only dream now.  This hurts.  It really does.
This is also coming from the guy who said he had no issues with Sacramento and that it was the place he wanted to play his entire career.

The only thing he cared about was getting the designated player money from them. Take his words with a grain of salt.

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

If that's not the embodiment of what is considered a Celtic, I don't know what is.  Imagine him on the court with Marcus "The Bulldog" Smart...

This is also coming from the guy who said he had no issues with Sacramento and that it was the place he wanted to play his entire career.

The only thing he cared about was getting the designated player money from them. Take his words with a grain of salt.

He's going command that amount of money or more anywhere he goes.  What does that have to do with what he's talking about when he has vastly improved into the amazing talent he is?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2017, 04:59:19 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Oh well, back to our Tyler Zellers and our amazing James Youngs.  I see fireworks no doubt lol.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
No knuckleheads.

No championships.  That's what all these pro Danny's-inaction-puppets aren't considering.  The drought just thickens.  Timing isn't in our favor AT ALL.  Make major moves now the way this team is structured or look down a 10 years of make-miss where draftees develop and no surrounding talent to make the team a solid contender or vice versa.  It's even worse in our case because free agents don't willingly sign here.

Danny is very smart.

No, Danny is dumb.  He got lucky few times but he's made more sh!tty moves (not making moves when you have a chance is also part of it) than he has good ones.

So when Danny is good he is lucky, when he is bad it's his fault.
LOL

« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I don't need to say much else, Roy said everything much better than I would've said them in the thread.

Agreed.  I'm just at a loss for words right now.  I'd really love to see Brad's recipe for winning a championship.

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2017, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
No knuckleheads.

No championships.  That's what all these pro Danny's-inaction-puppets aren't considering.  The drought just thickens.  Timing isn't in our favor AT ALL.  Make major moves now the way this team is structured or look down a 10 years of make-miss where draftees develop and no surrounding talent to make the team a solid contender or vice versa.  It's even worse in our case because free agents don't willingly sign here.

Danny is very smart.

No, Danny is dumb.  He got lucky few times but he's made more sh!tty moves (not making moves when you have a chance is also part of it) than he has good ones.

So when Danny is good he is lucky, when he is bad it's his fault.
LOL

No, if I suck more times than I'm good, then I'm lucky.  It's pretty simple. 

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
No knuckleheads.

No championships.  That's what all these pro Danny's-inaction-puppets aren't considering.  The drought just thicken.  Timing isn't in our favor AT ALL.  Make major moves now the way this team is structured or look down 10 years of make-miss where draftees develop and no surrounding talent to make the team a solid contender or vice versa.  It's even worse in our case because free agents don't willingly sign here.

Danny is very smart.

If Danny is dumb, then about 90% of the GMs in this league are off the scale stupid. Hes one of the best in the business.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2017, 05:19:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Never seen a player quite as rude to the media as Cousins

He would get rocked by the Boston  media

Can you imagine if Felger & Mazz got a hold of Cousins lol

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2017, 05:22:00 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Never seen a player quite as rude to the media as Cousins

He would get rocked by the Boston  media

Can you imagine if Felger & Mazz got a hold of Cousins lol
Boston media would eat this guy alive. Shaughnessy would be salivating to interview/question/critique this guy lol.

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2017, 05:28:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

At the end he said, "I'm going to work playing every game like it's my last."

You mean this guy?
https://youtu.be/URdDaxGoXC8
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2017, 07:42:22 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

You mean this guy?

He has EVERY right to be sensitive about family subjects.  I would be too.  What does his family has to do with him as a player.  I'm not going to defend some punk azz blogger who don't have the discipline to exclude sensitive matters like players' family from players themselves.

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You mean this guy?

He has EVERY right to be sensitive about family subjects.  I would be too.  What does his family has to do with him as a players.  I'm not going to defend some punk azz sports bloger who don't have the discipline to exclude sensitive matters like players family from players themselves.

The reporter in question is Andy Furillo , not a sports blogger. Furthermore the article in question was simply the facts: DeMarcus' brother - a D league basketball player - was at the nightclub with DeMarcus and Matt Barnes on that night and had previously been involved in another nightclub incident not too long before that. He didn't disparage his brother. There was no reason for him to go after a guy twice his age and half his size.  If you don't want anyone calling out your bad behavior, don't behave badly.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2017, 07:53:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

So why doesn't he do it? Why does he take possessions off? Why does he pout to refs while his mans runs down court SF dunks? Why do the whispers about his poor conditioning persist?

He's great at telling himself how much heart he has. Doesn't make it real.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2017, 07:57:11 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
No championships.
Likely how many Cousins will win. Too vain, too immature, and a little tubby to boot.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
DMC is not a PRO.  He is young and it might click soon.    Danny/Brad didnt want to wait, any love their players more.  Danny likes the long, long shots.    Low risk, high reward.   

Once DMC shows hes a pro, he will get paid and will win at the same time.   
Diggles