Author Topic: My semi realistic prediction on what ainge is up to.  (Read 1932 times)

My semi realistic prediction on what ainge is up to.
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
One thing I have heard from credible sources is that the Celtics are very interested in Pj tucker. In my opinion, the only way the Celtics would go after Tucker is if Crowder is leaving. Crowder would only leave in a trade for jimmy butler. So, why would the Celtics need pj tucker if butler would just replace Crowder at the 3. My guess is that Butler is not going to be playing the 3. If Butler is not playing the three then he has to be playing the 2. Which means bye bye Avery Bradly. I think Ainge is offering or will offer Avery Bradley, Jae crowder, Terry rozier, Amir Johnson, 2 non Brooklyn first round picks and 2017 Minnesota 2nd round pick for Taj Gibson and Jimmy butler.

Now the reason I think Terry rozier is gone is also because of the Celtics wanting PJ Tucker. If Crowder is gone I don't understand why Gearld Green can not back up Jaylen Brown. I think green would be a great back up. However, I think they may put Green in Roziers minutes till the end of the season.The Bulls are not huge fans of their point guard right now. None of them are playing very well. The Bulls really need young talent if the Celtics are not giving up the Brooklyn picks.

Crowder is extremely valuable as he is a young vet who is signed to a long cheap deal. Same goes for Avery Bradly. The Bulls showed a lot of interest in both of them during trade talks in the summer. I think both have to go if the Celtics want to keep the Brooklyn picks. Amir Johnson needs to go because his contract is what makes the trade deal work. Honestly, his defensive is great but his poor rebounding is really contributing to the Celtics being ranked 27th in the league for rebounding.

Besides the obvious need for a third star in Jimmy Butler, why do the Celtics need Taj Gibson? Well for one simple reason. Rebounding! The Celtics are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Gibson would take Amir Johnson's 20 minutes per game and fill that role nicely. He is a good vet who can space the floor just as well as Johnson. Most importantly, he is a much better rebounder than Johnson. Gibson has been on a list of cheap pick ups for the Celtics. This trade would give the Celtics a third star and help their rebounding problems. Ultimately, letting them have a good shot at winning now.

This trade also opens up playing time for their younger guys. Most importantly, Jaylen Brown. This years number 3 pick has played very few minutes due to a stacked roster.The lack of minutes will delay his growth and chance at one day becoming an All-Star.I think Brown would start over P.J Tucker unless the team really needs Tucker for defensive purposes. This minute boost will help Brown develop immensely.

As for trading for PJ tucker, the Celtics could let the Suns pick one from their treasure trove of young players.
whether it's James young, Demetrius Jackson or any of their four young players playing oversea's. A second round pick could also be added to sweeten the deal even more.

The line up would look like
IT/Smart/Green
Butler/Smart/Green
Brown/Tucker
Gibson/Jerebko
Horford/Olynyk

When defense is really needed the Celtics can switch  defensive star, Marcus Smart for Isaiah Thomas and Tucker for Brown. When offense is needed Olynyk can come in for Gibson.

The most important thing about these trades is it lets the Celtics compete now and later.Brown gets to develop. They keep their Brooklyn picks and can grow those young guys off of the bench. Eventually they will become starters and can take the reins from Al Horford, Jimmy Butler and Isaiah Thomas.

The Celtics could be competitive for a very long time. Imagine Brown two years down the road after developing. Thomas would be 30, Butler 29 and Horford 32. Smart, 25 could finally become decent offensively to help lead the young picks and instill the need to win.All in all, the trade would set the Celtics up for a very successful 10 years or so.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:31:18 PM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: My semi realistic prediction on what ainge is up to.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
TP for the well-thought out post.

But I'm not convinced the Bulls bite on a trade for their superstar unless it nets them a potential star in return. Sure, maybe one of those late picks randomly turns into a big name. That's really doubtful. When we have a No. 3-pick rookie in Brown and two picks that have a better chance at turning into No. 1 picks than any other pair of future picks in the league (and everyone knows it), the Bulls' front office can't afford to walk away from a Butler trade without procuring one of those.

It'd be like the Kings trading Boogie for a pick that has no chance at being top-3.... OH WAIT...
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
The only thing worse than doing terribly is mediocrity
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Yeah, Tucker might mean something about Crowder being dealt. Could be Butler's backup. But what about Brown? Can't see him as a 4 in immediate future. Plenty of roster room for Brown after this season, though he might also get dealt.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 12:04:08 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
It makes too much sense for us to happen :p

I don't know though why Bulls would be interested in both Bradley and Crowder. If they're rebuilding, neither player fits their timeline. My guess is Bulls are eyeing Smart and Crowder (for team culture) and one of the BKN picks  I hope I'm wrong though as I'd hate to give up Smart.
- LilRip

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
It's George.

The Pacers made a desperation leak saying they'd be willing to trade their first this year for more help.

The Pacers were linked to the Pelican's before the Cousins trade.

George is not happy and there is no improvement in sight.

The Pacers have another young stud to build around in Turner.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
It makes too much sense for us to happen :p

I don't know though why Bulls would be interested in both Bradley and Crowder. If they're rebuilding, neither player fits their timeline. My guess is Bulls are eyeing Smart and Crowder (for team culture) and one of the BKN picks  I hope I'm wrong though as I'd hate to give up Smart.

IMO you aren't getting Butler without including 1 of the Brooklyn picks.  2 mid to lower level #'s 1's doesn't do it.  Then the question becomes 1 of Crowder, Bradley or Smart (I wouldn't trade 2 of them and wouldn't want to include Brown) and add in Rozier plus Amir for salary matchup.  If you can get Gibson, that's great.  Bradley is only signed for another year, so I'm not sure the Bulls go for him.   

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think wants Tucker because he shoots 34% from the three and he can board a little at 6 RPG.   He plays bigger than his size.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Something like this?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h3nz84e

Smatter in the picks as necessary. It's still quite a heavy price to pay for Butler but at this point I don't really know what's going on so I'll just close my eyes and trust in Danny >_<

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 02:09:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
TP to Hawkeye because this makes sense although I doubt enough to get Butler. But any trade for value where we don't give up Brown or Brooklyns I'm in.

Not to mention Bulls wanted to draft Rozier so there's that.

Cashing in on Crowder and Avery makes sense. Crowder had played to a point were his contract is so valuable. Same with Avery. Trouble is their value to us is worth more than the market perception of their value.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I thought about this a bit this morning, too. Avery, Crowder, Rozier, and non-BKN picks is fair value for Butler, but that doesn't mean that Chicago thinks so. With the Cousins deal going down the way it did, this will either lead Chicago to make a move they don't want to or sit back and build around Butler (even though there is no real way for them to build).

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Good post. TP.  If we're giving up two starters on the second best team in the East, no Brooklyn picks should be included. 

Many people post trade ideas for Butler that basically punish the Celtics for how rich they are in assets.  That is not the proper way to compose a trade.   

If Chicago doesn't like the return posted by the OP here, fine.  We don't need him that badly.  What we need is for Zizic to become the next Jokic. 

I like the acquisition of Gibson and Tucker...would be fine adding just them for much less than a Butler trade would take...but would not give up Zizic for Tucker...don't know about Yabs..danny would ask for something else back if we gave them a young first rounder for Tucker)