Author Topic: So whats next, What would make you happy  (Read 10180 times)

Re: So whats next, What would make you happy
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Hopefully land someone on Butler's level (all star) and a non-marquee big who can rebound. Other than that, let's get to the playoffs and see what we got! I think there's a solid chance we lose in the 2nd round to either Was or Tor (game 6 or 7) but I'm excited to get past the 1st round.
- LilRip

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I want Danny to upgrade the talent without using the Brooklyn 2017 pick, Jaylen,  Smart, Hortford,  or It4.

Preferably I'd want him to trade Avery, Rozier, Jonas, Gerald, Young, Amir, Mickey,  Zeller and any of the other draft picks for another quality sf and a center to anchor our defense.

**I'm on the fence about trading Crowder or KO

TP, my sentiments exactly, which is why I'm Ok with waiting for FA, and at this deadline getting two of Tucker, TJones, Okafor, O'Quinn.

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2017, 07:21:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Would have loved Cousins for so little a cost, but something is off with him and I wouldn't be surprised if Brad/Danny/Wyc etc just weren't interested.

What would make me happy?  Stay the course.  Add a free agent, cash in on those Nets picks, and be a relavant team for years and years to come.  We are on the radar for free agents and the league as a whole, and I am happy with the current direction.

Your mileage may vary...

We will stay relevant. We just won't win a title. There was risk with Boogie, but there's a heck of a lot more with drafting.
Actually, there is absolutely no proof of that. Its a risk either way, a risk that the management decided was the opposite of the conclusion you are coming to. Only time will tell who was right.

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I want Danny to upgrade the talent without using the Brooklyn 2017 pick, Jaylen,  Smart, Hortford,  or It4.

Preferably I'd want him to trade Avery, Rozier, Jonas, Gerald, Young, Amir, Mickey,  Zeller and any of the other draft picks for another quality sf and a center to anchor our defense.

TP, my sentiments exactly, which is why I'm Ok with waiting for FA, and at this deadline getting two of Tucker, TJones, Okafor, O'Quinn.

Tp back at you
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:33 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Sign Hayward and Noel this summer. Let Zeller, Amir, Jerebko walk.

Trade IT and Olynyk next February for Myles Turner and filler.

Keep Nets 17 and 18 picks. Draft best player available.

Keep Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Brown, Rozier.   That's a pretty solid 10 man team.  Zizic and Yabu fill out bench. 

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2017, 08:01:28 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Trading for Butler or George without giving up Smart, Brown, IT, or Horford. I'd be ecstatic if we could get a one of those two without giving up the '17 Nets pick, but I'd be fine including it as long as none of those guys gets moved.

I'd also be happy with a minor move at the deadline, winning two rounds in the playoffs and ending up in the top 3 in the lottery.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Danny F'ed up big time.  Getting Butler won't do it because I feel we overrate Butler around here and he is certainly not on par with Cousins.  Paul George, Ok.

Lets play a game.

I'm going to list two players stats this year and you tell me which one is better.

Player (A) 24.5ppg, 6.3rbpg, 5ast, 87%FT, 1.8 stls pg, turnovers pg 2.1, 3P% 34%
Player (B) 22.3ppg, 6.2rbpg, 3.3ast, 91%FT, 1.6stls pg, turnovers pg 2.8, 3P% 38%

Which player seems better to you? A or B? I would assume most everyone would say Player A.

Player A is Jimmy Butler and Player B is Paul George this year.

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2017, 08:17:54 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Danny F'ed up big time.  Getting Butler won't do it because I feel we overrate Butler around here and he is certainly not on par with Cousins.  Paul George, Ok.

Lets play a game.

I'm going to list two players stats this year and you tell me which one is better.

Player (A) 24.5ppg, 6.3rbpg, 5ast, 87%FT, 1.8 stls pg, turnovers pg 2.1, 3P% 34%
Player (B) 22.3ppg, 6.2rbpg, 3.3ast, 91%FT, 1.6stls pg, turnovers pg 2.8, 3P% 38%

Which player seems better to you? A or B? I would assume most everyone would say Player A.

You're not talking elite versatility.  Also as this team's offensive is mostly 3 pointer, making 38 percent trump 34. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2017, 12:39:44 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Lets play a game.

You're not talking elite versatility.  Also as this team's offensive is mostly 3 pointer, making 38 percent trump 34.
George is a little more versatile than Butler and fits a little better because he can play more off-ball and play the 4 for longer stretches but Butler is under longer-term team control and has been the better player this season hands down.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2017, 12:44:16 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I hope the Celtics do nothing. That would make me happy.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2017, 05:25:20 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I hope the Celtics do nothing. That would make me happy.

My mind ends up rambling when I consider the possibilities. Trade to compete for a title now? Let the natural growth of players and picks come to fruition? Trade at the end of the season after the draft? etc. If the Celtics did nothing I would be happy. Everything else is going forward.

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2017, 05:40:53 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I feel 100% exactly the same way.

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:20 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
AB, Jaylen and brk 18 + additional picks for George

Then a minor trade for Bogut and Tucker

It          Rozier
Smart. Tucker
George. Jae
Horford  Jerebko
Bogut.     KO

You can go small for stretches with pg13 or Jae moving to PF with Bogut/Horford/ko at center

Still have brk 17

This would make me very happy.

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
At this point in the game we either embrace the "Cavs' little bro" status until our core ages, OR hope for an IT4 growth spurt, OR hope that PG, Hayward, or JB are more than meets the eye and not just inferior players to LeBron that are playing his position,  OR hope that Ainge draft's well... would be better trading IMO. The proverbial fireworks can't keep collecting dust.

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'd much rather have Griffin for free in FA than give up BKN picks and a chunk of our currently awesome core (Smart/AB/Crowder/Brown) for DMC and his uncertainty.

Of course, I obviously would've traded for Boogie.  But I think signing Griffin is a lot safer, and I think he fits better next to Horford (who I prefer as a playmaking Center as opposed to a PF who has to space the floor while somebody posts up).  Griffin doesn't have anywhere near the same post up game as Boogie, but he's better at cutting and penetrating.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale