Author Topic: So whats next, What would make you happy  (Read 10133 times)

Re: So whats next, What would make you happy
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 09:08:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I had jumped off the 'get boogie' bandwagon about a week ago, so I am not too unhappy.

If this move signals that DA is keeping the 17 pick which has some great guard prospects, I say make a smaller move for a young front court player that won't cost too much.  Would still like Okafor here as 1st choice.  Tucker, O'Quinn or Jones would be fine too.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 09:12:11 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Would have loved Cousins for so little a cost, but something is off with him and I wouldn't be surprised if Brad/Danny/Wyc etc just weren't interested.

What would make me happy?  Stay the course.  Add a free agent, cash in on those Nets picks, and be a relavant team for years and years to come.  We are on the radar for free agents and the league as a whole, and I am happy with the current direction.

Your mileage may vary...

We will stay relevant. We just won't win a title. There was risk with Boogie, but there's a heck of a lot more with drafting.

Oh, I thought we were trying to win our 18th championship!  I'm relieved in knowing all this time we were just trying to stay relevant.  Whoo!  OK, I'm happy now!

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I say we just wait till the lottery.
We'll see more of Fultz, more of Ball, more of all the guys and more separation will occur.

We'll offer Hayward a max deal and see what happens. (Utah will probaby offer the 200 million super max but meh).

If we get the #1 pick and really like Fultz, just take him and gamble.
The Nets are going to bottom 5 again next year. Jimmy and Paul George will probably still be available, and their price will have gone down.

As I said in the other thread, Jimmy Butler and Paul George are probably only going to get cheaper to acquire as time goes on and their situations get worse.

The Bulls FO are a fkn mess and are under immense pressure. There is actually an organized fan sit in at the United Center for their next TNT national tv game where dozens of fans are going to flood one area wearing 'FIRE GARPAX' shirts for everyone to see.

If anything, this Cousins trade will help the idiotic Garpax duo convince their dumb owner that they should be given the chance to rebuild like they did when they binked Derrick Rose at #1 and they will want to get that ball rolling ASAP obviously.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I wonder what Ainge's plan is if we lost in the 2nd round and end up with the 4th pick...jump off the ledge I think...or perhaps bang his head on the wall wondering what could have been had he traded for DC.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 09:24:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I say we just wait till the lottery.
We'll see more of Fultz, more of Ball, more of all the guys and more separation will occur.

We'll offer Hayward a max deal and see what happens. (Utah will probaby offer the 200 million super max but meh).

If we get the #1 pick and really like Fultz, just take him and gamble.
The Nets are going to bottom 5 again next year. Jimmy and Paul George will probably still be available, and their price will have gone down.

As I said in the other thread, Jimmy Butler and Paul George are probably only going to get cheaper to acquire as time goes on and their situations get worse.

The Bulls FO are a fkn mess and are under immense pressure. There is actually an organized fan sit in at the United Center for their next TNT national tv game where dozens of fans are going to flood one area wearing 'FIRE GARPAX' shirts for everyone to see.

If anything, this Cousins trade will help the idiotic Garpax duo convince their dumb owner that they should be given the chance to rebuild like they did when they binked Derrick Rose at #1 and they will want to get that ball rolling ASAP obviously.

Hayward isn't eligible for the supermax deal this summer.  He isn't eligible until next summer, so he'd need to either pick up his player option or sign a 1-year deal.  I'm pretty sure he'd also need to be All-NBA this year and next to qualify even if he did that.

So don't worry about Hayward getting the super max.  He might stay with Utah, but we should have at least the odds of getting him as we did Horford.

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 09:30:32 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd like Paul George. IMO he would fit perfect into what we are doing and can be an upgrade over Crowder whom I like.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 09:37:22 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Hayward+ Fultz/Ball

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 02:58:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not jumping to any conclusions right now.

However, I will look back on this situation very negatively if, a few years from now, the Brooklyn picks don't appear to have turned into a superstar, and Danny never traded for or signed that final piece to vault the Thomas / Horford Celts to contention.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Would have loved Cousins for so little a cost, but something is off with him and I wouldn't be surprised if Brad/Danny/Wyc etc just weren't interested.

What would make me happy?  Stay the course.  Add a free agent, cash in on those Nets picks, and be a relavant team for years and years to come.  We are on the radar for free agents and the league as a whole, and I am happy with the current direction.

Your mileage may vary...

We will stay relevant. We just won't win a title. There was risk with Boogie, but there's a heck of a lot more with drafting.

Fair point.

Being relevant is not good enough.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Getting Paul George from Indy. Highly unlikely, but that would be my ideal.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Frankly not much.  Cousins was the guy I wanted all along and for him to go that inexpensively it is really unacceptable he isn't in Boston.  Ainge should be on the hot seat for this one.

Yeah, Ainge has built up a ton of good will, but we could have added a young, non-expiring All-NBA center for relative peanuts.

I predict we'll look back at this as a missed opportunity to become contenders. We could have added Boogie, kept our core, and still drafted Fultz.

You do not know that. Pelicans got from NO what they had. There is no evidence that Kings would not have asked for more from Boston.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 03:11:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Frankly not much.  Cousins was the guy I wanted all along and for him to go that inexpensively it is really unacceptable he isn't in Boston.  Ainge should be on the hot seat for this one.

Yeah, Ainge has built up a ton of good will, but we could have added a young, non-expiring All-NBA center for relative peanuts.

I predict we'll look back at this as a missed opportunity to become contenders. We could have added Boogie, kept our core, and still drafted Fultz.

You do not know that. Pelicans got from NO what they had. There is no evidence that Kings would not have asked for more from Boston.

BOS could've offered more than NO without giving up the farm.

To answer the OP: I still want a dynamic big man, but I think there are none available now.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 03:19:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

BOS could've offered more than NO without giving up the farm.

To answer the OP: I still want a dynamic big man, but I think there are none available now.
Kevin OConnnor reported that the Kings had "objectively" better packages that they turned down due to an obsession with Buddy Hield.

All in all, it was very Kings.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.