Author Topic: So whats next, What would make you happy  (Read 10192 times)

So whats next, What would make you happy
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:20:46 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
So what will make it OK for missing out on Cousins.

What if Danny pulls a ( Butler or PG13) and ( Okafor or Vucevic ).

I think this can be done and one of those bigs can be had really cheap.  Especially Okafor,  NO are not going for him anymore. 

Re: So whats next, What would make you happy
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Stay on course and no to Okafor. Hitting on lottery picks will get me satisfied whether it'll be Fultz, Jackson or anyone in the draft.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:26:40 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Frankly not much.  Cousins was the guy I wanted all along and for him to go that inexpensively it is really unacceptable he isn't in Boston.  Ainge should be on the hot seat for this one.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
A couple of small, not giving into the masses panic, moves.

Get Tucker, maybe O'Quinn or Bogut.

Gordon Hayward in FA.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:37:20 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
AB, Jaylen and brk 18 + additional picks for George

Then a minor trade for Bogut and Tucker

It          Rozier
Smart. Tucker
George. Jae
Horford  Jerebko
Bogut.     KO

You can go small for stretches with pg13 or Jae moving to PF with Bogut/Horford/ko at center

Still have brk 17

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 08:40:07 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I am happy, looking forward to breakfast.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 08:42:46 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Friday morning, when it will all be over and I can put away all thoughts of what did and did not happen.  This deadline is going to make me obsess more than any I can remember.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Frankly not much.  Cousins was the guy I wanted all along and for him to go that inexpensively it is really unacceptable he isn't in Boston.  Ainge should be on the hot seat for this one.

Yeah, Ainge has built up a ton of good will, but we could have added a young, non-expiring All-NBA center for relative peanuts.

I predict we'll look back at this as a missed opportunity to become contenders. We could have added Boogie, kept our core, and still drafted Fultz.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I was in the trade for cousins camp too

But I'm not too worried about it

To say ainge should be fired over this is weird to me. He's done so much and there's more to go!

Build through the draft! Build a team we can love for years to come!

And sign cousins as a free agent later when NO fails  ;)
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Would have loved Cousins for so little a cost, but something is off with him and I wouldn't be surprised if Brad/Danny/Wyc etc just weren't interested.

What would make me happy?  Stay the course.  Add a free agent, cash in on those Nets picks, and be a relavant team for years and years to come.  We are on the radar for free agents and the league as a whole, and I am happy with the current direction.

Your mileage may vary...

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 08:50:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Would have loved Cousins for so little a cost, but something is off with him and I wouldn't be surprised if Brad/Danny/Wyc etc just weren't interested.

What would make me happy?  Stay the course.  Add a free agent, cash in on those Nets picks, and be a relavant team for years and years to come.  We are on the radar for free agents and the league as a whole, and I am happy with the current direction.

Your mileage may vary...

We will stay relevant. We just won't win a title. There was risk with Boogie, but there's a heck of a lot more with drafting.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 08:56:07 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
I think Terrance Jones could be had  for a 2nd rounder or late 1st , fits teams neeeds

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 09:06:36 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I wanted Cousins too, but clearly it means that the Celtics had decided, as an organization, that they weren't interested in Cousins no matter the price.  That's from the ownership on down.  I don't know what the reason is, I don't know if it was a good reason, but there was clearly a reason. And Ainge wont be on any kind of hot seat for this.

And a lot of teams could have made comparable offers to New Orleans and didn't.  Phoenix could have trounced that offer as easily as we could have and chose not to.  They only wanted DMC if they could move a bad contract in the process.  We didn't hear anything about Dallas once in this entire process.  Nothing from Denver or Philly.  The Lakers were only interested enough to refuse to include Ingram.

I hope it works out for New Orleans, because Anthony Davis deserves a chance to compete.  But it really does seem that many teams had enough information, either from on-court scouting, off-court info, or both, that Cousins really isn't that valuable, despite the talent.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 09:06:37 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179

Your mileage may vary...

We will stay relevant. We just won't win a title. There was risk with Boogie, but there's a heck of a lot more with drafting.

Good points.  I guess time will ultimately tell.  Impossible to say what will happen in the next few years, but the C's must of had their concerns...Or Sac just wouldn't deal with them?

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 09:08:10 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I think Terrance Jones could be had  for a 2nd rounder or late 1st , fits teams neeeds

Terrance Jones shouldn't cost much more than Jordan Mickey and the Cleveland second.  A late 1st would be highway robbery.