Author Topic: all star game a farce-Looney Tunes  (Read 2194 times)

all star game a farce-Looney Tunes
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:37:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
NBA wrestling at its best-would rather players and fans heve a break to long season
from someone who watched all star games, where they had some meaning and rivalries were real-,
FAKE NEWS_FAKE GAMES- FAKE OFFICIATING- FAKE SEASON----the inmates run the asylum
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:58:09 AM by rollie mass »

Re: all star game a farce-Looney Tunes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 03:56:48 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
we got one full season of great defense at least out of our young celtics team-not just the playoffs

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:10:18 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
There should be incentives for these guys to play for something...how bout the winning conference get to have a plus 10 points in game 1 of the Finals....Not much really because 10 point leads are easily overcome in this day and age but atleast give em something to play for.
Say the Cavs vs GS are in the finals...then Cavs open up a 10-0 start in game 1...now that can be huge because one they are playing on the road and having a bit of cushion gives em confidence of burying the Warriors further.

But also make it mandatory for each allstar to play atleast 10 minutes minimum. Thats not too bad. So each player get to see enough action.

What the alll stars are doing now is like run up and down the court and shoot threees or alleyooey dunkathon...no D at all.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:53:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
World vs USA game would perhaps give us a competitive exhibition game.
Sure USA teams would have a better talent, but it would at least be something.
East Vs West...North vs South...who cares.
And make the game start at 13 or 14h local, so that all countries that watch NBA can see it.
An exhibition game that lasts for 2-5 hours after midnight doesn't make me wait.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:57:40 AM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Steph Curry laying down on that fast break showed just how much of a joke it is.  My son enjoyed all of the dunks, but if you are looking for a competitive basketball game, the NBA All-Star game is not the answer.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 05:10:33 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Steph Curry laying down on that fast break showed just how much of a joke it is.  My son enjoyed all of the dunks, but if you are looking for a competitive basketball game, the NBA All-Star game is not the answer.

It's always been a bit of a joke. This year's event was by far the worst I've seen though.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 06:53:57 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
it wasn;t always a joke-it used to mean something
the refs calling star fouls,the three point game,no hand checks,free agency and beyond reality salaries,
the  regular season games are now a reflection of halftime shows trampoline acts,cheerleaders like pole dancers
bigger arenas smaller reality,whip up the atmosphere  crank up the music mortar the crowd with trinkets while they text and take selfies and imitate the cheerleaders
nba has become like reality tv  and soon live games will become computer generated contests
cutting out the injuries and salaries

now i sound like an old timer and wanting to go back to football with real grass and open stadiums playing in mud baths and snowstorms-ny giants,green bay, the colts

old boston garden when home court was a big deal-freezing in the winter sweltering in summer
no corporate boxes-just crazy ,rabid fans and hot dogs and slices
rivalries bordering on war and hatred that was palpable-rodman and laimbeer bully ball
expansion and dilution has players around at 40
boxing out and use of the elbows to clear space,hard fouls or no fouls rebounding was war

i will never even think of a all star game again-
marcus is an all star
,avery is an all star
isaiah is an all star
,crowder is an all star

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:07:35 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

It's always been a bit of a joke. This year's event was by far the worst I've seen though.
Yeah, even going back to the 80's they never played 100% on defense but it was maybe 75% then.  Now it's like 5%.  It's really ugly to watch.  It had all the intensity of a layup line.  Even the great plays don't look exciting with no defense in the way.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 07:27:23 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
There should be incentives for these guys to play for something...how bout the winning conference get to have a plus 10 points in game 1 of the Finals....Not much really because 10 point leads are easily overcome in this day and age but atleast give em something to play for.
Say the Cavs vs GS are in the finals...then Cavs open up a 10-0 start in game 1...now that can be huge because one they are playing on the road and having a bit of cushion gives em confidence of burying the Warriors further.

But also make it mandatory for each allstar to play atleast 10 minutes minimum. Thats not too bad. So each player get to see enough action.

What the alll stars are doing now is like run up and down the court and shoot threees or alleyooey dunkathon...no D at all.
Better idea:  Play for a charity.  Make it real.

Glad to say I didn't watch the 2017 ASG.  Seems like I didn't miss much.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 07:32:49 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Lebron's generation of players ruined it. Before them, it use to be tolerable.

Heck, his generation of players ruined free agency too.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 10:19:03 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I never watch allstar games.
They mean nothing.

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 12:40:33 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I haven't watched All-Star games in years. I finally noticed the score today. 192 - 182. What a twisted joke. I'd rather watch the women play hoops or a full game of Zizic in his current league. A D-League game. That's simply pure decadence and boring those kinds of numbers. I can only imagine how stupid it would have been to watch. Like when Isaiah went, okay Paul, I won't defend the last shot you ever take in Boston Garden. But for a whole game?

Just get rid of it completely. They won't, though. All they care about is money. That's why 16 out of 30 teams make the playoffs. The NBA is a farce. We only continue to follow because we have been for many years or decades for a lot of us. And our team is doing quite well. Although one might not know that by reading threads on this blog, especially the game threads and trade speculation.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 12:47:56 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
All Star Game used to be fun. Now these clowns just mess around. They do not even know how to entertain. How dare them hand out a MVP trophy in a joke of a game. There is absolutely no competition how can you have a MVP?