Author Topic: With the price of a malcontent so low...  (Read 1484 times)

With the price of a malcontent so low...
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:56:27 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
One has to wonder what Carmelo Anthony would cost (hard to imagine more than just matching salary). I've pretty vocally opposed acquiring Melo in the past, but if we're looking at something along the lines of Amir, Zeller, Jerebko for Melo and O'Quinn, I'd be all for it.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: With the price of a malcontent so low...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 01:08:59 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Cousins are much better player than Melo or Butler. Their asking price could be down now thanks to this trade.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 01:11:37 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
One has to wonder what Carmelo Anthony would cost (hard to imagine more than just matching salary). I've pretty vocally opposed acquiring Melo in the past, but if we're looking at something along the lines of Amir, Zeller, Jerebko for Melo and O'Quinn, I'd be all for it.

Nope, its Butler/George or #hoardassetsinperpetuity

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 01:15:11 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I prefer PG over Butler. Melo I want no part of. PG is taller and longer so he can play the 4 when we need to.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:58:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Surely the market will take a bit of a nose dive.

GM's could easily go back to this deal and hold off as much as they could. It may have very well set a market for the last four days.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 02:13:00 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Surely the market will take a bit of a nose dive.

GM's could easily go back to this deal and hold off as much as they could. It may have very well set a market for the last four days.

That's what I'm hoping/thinking as well. I think an offer of Avery Bradley, the Nets '18 pick and filler (possibly including one of our own first round picks at some point) is still by far the best the Bulls are gonna get and a reasonable offer. Butler is an upgrade over AB, but AB is still a very good player. And that Nets pick will likely be in the top five once again in 2018, and possibly first overall. If I'm Ainge, I may make that my final, take-it-or-leave-it offer and see what Chicago does.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 02:58:43 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
There is a GULF between the malcontetedness of the two.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 04:03:54 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

I had this exact thought tonight. Exact. If the Celtics can acquire Melo for an expiring package, and he agrees to be our much needed scoring off the bench (6th man), then it's a no brainer.

Then in the summer Ainge can look to move Melo for a 1st rounder or a much less expensive off the bench scorer.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 04:50:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I had this exact thought tonight. Exact. If the Celtics can acquire Melo for an expiring package, and he agrees to be our much needed scoring off the bench (6th man), then it's a no brainer.

Then in the summer Ainge can look to move Melo for a 1st rounder or a much less expensive off the bench scorer.
Hm...he could actually be our starting PF and play backup SF
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 05:08:24 AM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Also wondering if SAC tries to trade some of their players, they would get low balled.. or less on the asking price.