Author Topic: That's all it needed to get Cousins  (Read 9507 times)

Re: That's all it needed to get Cousins
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rookie guard Buddy Hield , guard Tyreke Evans, a  protected 2017 first-round pick and Philadelphia’s 2017 second-round pick to Sacramento in the deal?

Pelicans are only going to get better thus making the 1st rounder a low pick.

Wait, the pick is protected!? What the frack, SacTo???

Yeah, that part of it is mind blowing. You really think the Pels were gonna walk away from the deal if Sacto insisted on the pick being unprotected?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2017, 11:28:05 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Rookie guard Buddy Hield , guard Tyreke Evans, a  protected 2017 first-round pick and Philadelphia’s 2017 second-round pick to Sacramento in the deal?

Pelicans are only going to get better thus making the 1st rounder a low pick.

Wait, the pick is protected!? What the frack, SacTo???

Yeah, that part of it is mind blowing. You really think the Pels were gonna walk away from the deal if Sacto insisted on the pick being unprotected?

Yeah it's hard to get Ainge's POV here. Only time will tell. I'm assuming he is going to build through the draft now, and attempt to sign people in free agency.

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2017, 11:35:13 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Seriously 7UCK Danny Ainge.  Danny, if you're reading this, 7UCK YOU.

What's wrong with you ?

We have a 50 win team, tons of young talent, cap space galore, the best young coach in the league, and we own first round picks taken from a division rival who needs them to rebuild.

And it's the middle finger to Ainge ?

I've never seen a rebuild this strong from ANY organization in sports. Never.

Again, what's wrong with you ?

I'm with him. Enjoy getting swept in the ECF.

I will.  Getting to the ECF, plus having the best odds at the #1 pick and enough cap space to sign a max free agent is a great situation to be in.  27 other NBA fan bases would kill to be in that situation
I'm bitter.

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2017, 11:41:40 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

What's wrong with you ?

We have a 50 win team, tons of young talent, cap space galore, the best young coach in the league, and we own first round picks taken from a division rival who needs them to rebuild.

I will.  Getting to the ECF, plus having the best odds at the #1 pick and enough cap space to sign a max free agent is a great situation to be in.  27 other NBA fan bases would kill to be in that situation

TP for truth Jim.

There's that vocal few on CB who believe we should trade everything now for an 18 month window (window, not a guarantee) at an NBA Championship without ever contemplating the consequences of that plan.

If we get to the ECF, that shows continued progress. No team in NBA history has won 50+ games and had 3 possible top 5 lottery picks in the draft in consecutive years. It's never been done in the history of the league. That's not an 18 month window but that may end up being a decade long window at a championship. There are no guarantees either way but I'll take getting bounced out of the ECF this year and staying the course over a panic move that could very well result in another rebuild in a few short years with nothing to show for it (see: Atlanta Hawks).
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2017, 11:55:38 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It was always a question of would Cousins quit of the Kings, or would the Kings quit on Cousins. The Kings obviously had enough of the antics of Cousins, for them to basically trade him for a bag of balls.

I would say Danny had the chance to acquire Cousins, and passed.

What is bothering me is, I don't know how improved the Pelicans will get with the addition of Cousins, they 
will not just start winning, not with a two man team, and this will cause them to loose him in free agency in 2018.

But with the Celtics the chances were good he would have had great impact, especially for what it would have cost us to acquire him, and the C's would've had a very good chance to resign him.

I would think this was a personality, and team culture decision for Stevens and Danny to let him pass.

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

What's wrong with you ?

Give me a break. Guess who's not with him ? Brad Stevens.

No thanks. Like Brad, I don't want a malcontent close to my team. This was a Brad Stevens call, no doubt in my mind. And rightfully so. No successful coach wants this character around his team.

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2017, 12:19:32 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

What's wrong with you ?

Why do you think they get swept? Because they didn't trade for Cousins?  What if they make a trade for Butler or PG?

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Cousins. Stats king, loser player.

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Ugh.  I'm just so disappointed at this point that I don't even care anymore.  How long as Danny been promising his ****ty fireworks?  Yea, so much for fireworks. 

2008 was 9 years ago.  Before 2008 it was 20 some odd years.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.  We only have one more decade to go to win another championship.

I've been asking Danny's apologists for a while now, when are you going to stop making excuses for this guy?  When are you going to stop rationalizing his awful moves or lack off?  When are you going to hold him accountable?  When are you going to put 2008 behind you and make demands for another one?

I'm so sick of this sh!t.
He still will become a free agent. We don't know if his agent told Danny he would not sign here. Please keep that in mind. He is not a model citizen like Paul George. If we get PG this becomes mute. IMO

Free Agents don't willingly sign here.  They have to be traded and then when they feel Boston from the inside rather than from the outside looking in, that's when everything changes.  I see him signing with Lakers in all honesty.

Jesus Christ, not this **** again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Horford
ha, ha...you beat me to it. exactly. remember, the weather here keeps free agents away, but doesnt matter for chicago or new york or toronto.

or was it the lack of night life that keeps them away?

hard to keep track of it all.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2017, 05:43:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
It was always a question of would Cousins quit of the Kings, or would the Kings quit on Cousins. The Kings obviously had enough of the antics of Cousins, for them to basically trade him for a bag of balls.

I would say Danny LOTS OF NBA TEAMS had the chance to acquire Cousins, and passed.

What is bothering me is, I don't know how improved the Pelicans will get with the addition of Cousins, they 
will not just start winning, not with a two man team, and this will cause them to loose him in free agency in 2018.

But with the Celtics the chances were good he would have had great impact, especially for what it would have cost us to acquire him, and the C's would've had a very good chance to resign him.

I would think this was a personality, and team culture decision for Stevens and Danny to let him pass.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva