Author Topic: That's all it needed to get Cousins  (Read 9508 times)

Re: That's all it needed to get Cousins
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 08:12:53 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Cousins is 100% the opposite type of character of all the guys in our locker room.

Bad fit IMO.

How many defensive plays did he give up on this year? One in particular that cost them the game. 

That doesnt fly in Boston.  Cousins doesnt fit here.

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 08:43:45 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Danny and Brad obviously elected not to pursue him.

Might they know something that we do not? That's 100% certain to be true.

This. That's all we needed. Danny is in this professionally and has proven to be a good trader. He could have gotten Cousins for pennies on the dollar. He chose not to.

We are a bunch of fans with access to a keyboard and the internet. 

I'm going out on a limb and giving him the information advantage. 

Mike

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 08:46:01 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Cousins is 100% the opposite type of character of all the guys in our locker room.

Bad fit IMO.

How many defensive plays did he give up on this year? One in particular that cost them the game. 

That doesnt fly in Boston.  Cousins doesnt fit here.

Oh yea?  What flies in Boston?  Been one of the worst rebounding team in the league?  Heading for another 1st or 2nd round bounce?  Or the crapshoot of defensive effort we've dolled out all season long that we were lucky to escape bad teams?  Oh yea, the best big man in the league by far taking off couple of plays off in a season isn't needed in Boston.  Good luck with Zeller, our defensive genius.  That is what we need in Boston.  Oh yea, the defensive genius in our IT department, that flies in Boston.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:03:40 AM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 08:54:58 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Danny is almost like his pal, Doc.  They only shine when gifted superstars that makes it all happen.  Give them all the raw materials they need and they get exposed as the incompetent morons they are. 

I am livid.  This is unacceptable.  That that was all it took to get Cousins and he didn't do it? 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just watch this... You still want Cousins? 

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=NyeCNu7fUnc

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 09:10:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No offense but who are some of you? Lol

After Cousins is traded to another team .... I have never seen so many users on this forum

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 09:15:48 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i still can't belive it, it doesn't make sense, crowder/bradley +boogie is a better combo than butler and amir, and the first option requires you to let go of the brooklyn pick or brown or possibly both

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

Yes yes yes yes yes yes.  Nothing in that video is new, so come again.  The talent here and the huge upgrade in all areas it would've given us vastly outweigh any petty behavior expressed on the court in that video which some could be explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbaONoSO8rM&t=635s

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 09:18:41 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I would go as far to say this is the most shocking trade in NBA history. Certainly has the potential to be the most lopsided in the Pelicans favor.

LOL
Cousins is a loser.

Good input.

Yep, Chris22's comment is not exactly contributing to the conversation.

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Danny is almost like his pal, Doc.  They only shine when gifted superstars that makes it all happen.  Give them all the raw materials they need and they get exposed as the incompetent morons they are. 

I am livid.  This is unacceptable.  That that was all it took to get Cousins and he didn't do it?
The salt is real. Keep in mind its also 28 other teams who didnt give the Kings a better offer. It seems weird. I think danny is comitted to Al and would rather a guy like George.

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes yes yes yes yes yes.  Nothing in that video is new, so come again.  The talent here and the huge upgrade in all areas it would've given us vastly outweigh any petty behavior expressed on the court in that video which some could be explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbaONoSO8rM&t=635s

Every other technical foul is an automatic suspension... Think about that for a sec..

And why would CBS and rest of the team need to put up with a problem child

The answer they werent going to plus his FA status plus having to give up a fine young player like Brown

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 09:25:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
It's embarrassing how many CBers are teeth gnashing and wailing this morning. I also wanted Cousins. I've been consistent on this board about wanting to acquire him.

Danny and Brad obviously elected not to pursue him.

Might they know something that we do not? That's 100% certain to be true.

Maybe they have an inkling that Cousins wouldn't resign here. Maybe they knew that he couldn't be happy in Boston. Maybe they knew the Boston media would drive him nuts. Maybe they believe that his style of play would harm the rest of the team. Maybe they knew he is truly a locker room cancer. Maybe they have other targets that better fit the team's style of play and chemistry.

I don't know which one it is. Yes, we could have easily beaten the deal from the Pels to get Cousins. But it's often said that sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something. In this case, Danny and Brad decided that was the best course of action.

So this trade elicits a shrug from me. Not because I don't think Danny/Brad can do no wrong but because they obviously had strong reasons - even if they're unbeknownst to us - to not make this deal. Perhaps when they realize this some of the more emotional contributors to CB will calm down.

TP

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 09:27:34 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Ugh.  I'm just so disappointed at this point that I don't even care anymore.  How long as Danny been promising his ****ty fireworks?  Yea, so much for fireworks. 

2008 was 9 years ago.  Before 2008 it was 20 some odd years.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.  We only have one more decade to go to win another championship.

I've been asking Danny's apologists for a while now, when are you going to stop making excuses for this guy?  When are you going to stop rationalizing his every awful moves or lack off?  When are you going to hold him accountable?  When are you going to put 2008 behind you and make demands for another one?

I'm so sick of this sh!t.

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

The salt is real. Keep in mind its also 28 other teams who didnt give the Kings a better offer. It seems weird. I think danny is comitted to Al and would rather a guy like George.

Yea, a 30 year old Al Horford we're paying 26 million dollars year to average measly 14 points a game, that Al?  Yea, keep holding onto Al. 

You don't have George yet.  Reality as it stands right now, we have nothing.

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Ugh.  I'm just so disappointed at this point that I don't even care anymore.  How long as Danny been promising his ****ty fireworks?  Yea, so much for fireworks. 

2008 was 9 years ago.  Before 2008 it was 20 some odd years.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.  We only have one more decade to go to win another championship.

I've been asking Danny's apologists for a while now, when are you going to stop making excuses for this guy?  When are you going to stop rationalizing his awful moves or lack off?  When are you going to hold him accountable?  When are you going to put 2008 behind you and make demands for another one?

I'm so sick of this sh!t.

So you are willing to give up Brown and a first + for a 100 game rental?