Author Topic: Woj Bomb: DeMarcus Cousins traded to Pelicans  (Read 30315 times)

Re: Woj Bomb: DeMarcus Cousins traded to Pelicans
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2017, 04:56:17 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Remember Al is 31 this year, Isaiah's 28...we aren't in rebuild mode anymore, these assets have been acquired so well but their just assets unless you turn them into something. Every year we aren't a legit contender is a year wasted for this core and we aren't contending this year without a massive trade. Cousins is a top 10 talent, how often do top 10 talents get traded in their prime...there could be a massive wait till a situation like this presents itself again.

This trade could go down as the most lopsided trade in NBA history as others in the past did not know of the players quality till they matured but Cousins IS a top 10 player as of today. That's why I hope Ainge clarifies the situation as i'm sure he had legit reasons for not going after DeMarcus.

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2017, 05:14:40 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
pelicans gave up nothing for coussins, BUT IMHO i don't think that things will work out, especially if Boogie wants that 200 mil extension. I just don't see them fitting in together, plus Coussins character will always be questionable.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2017, 05:22:26 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
pelicans gave up nothing for coussins, BUT IMHO i don't think that things will work out, especially if Boogie wants that 200 mil extension. I just don't see them fitting in together, plus Coussins character will always be questionable.

But like you said they gave up nothing, especially given how many dispensable assets we have why not take that chance? Without a miracle we aren't winning it this year so how could the injection of the best centre in the league be too much of a risk? Barkley was lazy, unpredictable, temperamental & a compulsive gambler but you offer me him in his prime for a similar haul and I am making that trade every time.

I still trust Ainge but I, along with millions of other Celtics fans would to eventually like some clarity on the situation.

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2017, 05:24:43 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
What is so hard to understand for all of you who are lamenting the C's not getting in on Boogie?  Ainge and Stevens (and 28 other teams) consider him a cancer, who won't help a team win.  The price was low for a reason.  Larry Bird turned a 20 some win team into a 60 win team.  A true superstar helps his team win more games, not just puts up huge numbers in loss after loss.  Move on.

NBA GMs aren't as smart as CBloggers.

« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2017, 05:32:25 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
What is so hard to understand for all of you who are lamenting the C's not getting in on Boogie?  Ainge and Stevens (and 28 other teams) consider him a cancer, who won't help a team win.  The price was low for a reason.  Larry Bird turned a 20 some win team into a 60 win team.  A true superstar helps his team win more games, not just puts up huge numbers in loss after loss.  Move on.

You act like GMs are like these all-knowing basketball deities. They are people like us and can easily make mistakes.

If GMs were as smart as you people assert then all 30 teams would have a GM that they are sticking with for the next  5 years or more.

This was a move that could have made us a contender, and he passed on that; played it safe.

If we weren't a winning franchise people would be out for his head considering how often they have promised us fireworks while stockpiling picks for the next move.

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2017, 05:46:30 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

But like you said they gave up nothing, especially given how many dispensable assets we have why not take that chance? Without a miracle we aren't winning it this year so how could the injection of the best centre in the league be too much of a risk? Barkley was lazy, unpredictable, temperamental & a compulsive gambler but you offer me him in his prime for a similar haul and I am making that trade every time.

I still trust Ainge but I, along with millions of other Celtics fans would to eventually like some clarity on the situation.
The obvious guess is that Cousins is a genuine psycopath and we didn't want him ruining everything we've built over the last 5 years since PP and KG were traded.
There will probably be a loootttt of dirt dished out on Cousins over the next month. Grab the popcorn.
Ainge knows how talented he is so for him to not better such a low offer is the most telling part here.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2017, 05:52:33 AM »

Offline estendius

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I think Danny made a mistake here.
The C's have not good history in draft lottery.

We have the weak in rebound-so DMC is a very good choice.

« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2017, 06:16:43 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about character has to stop.  Go get a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing team!  Part of ainges problem is he's more worried about image.  This is why year after year people get frustrated with him.  Other teams make moves for peanuts and ainge is like ummm no we won't give up james young...****!!!

« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2017, 06:16:52 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I sincerely hope that our apparent lack of interest in Cousins doesn't haunt this franchise for the next five or ten years. The price NO paid was of the bargain basement variety. Oh well, back to the seemingly endless Butler threads.

« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2017, 06:22:22 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
**** you Danny!

One of the best bigs is available for basically nothing, but we rather hang on to our 100 picks and 200 guards...

« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2017, 06:57:54 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

You act like GMs are like these all-knowing basketball deities. They are people like us and can easily make mistakes.

If GMs were as smart as you people assert then all 30 teams would have a GM that they are sticking with for the next  5 years or more.

This was a move that could have made us a contender, and he passed on that; played it safe.

If we weren't a winning franchise people would be out for his head considering how often they have promised us fireworks while stockpiling picks for the next move.
They are people but most are not really like us.  Do you have a team of advisors under you to advise you about your posts?

« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2017, 07:05:27 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
What if Ainge has a tampering-type kind of agreement with Hayward and so he cannot add salary after this summer? This may be an option.

Also, as I have posted, the worst thing about the trade is not that Cousins go to another team for a very low package. What annoys me the most is that the Pelicans improve (presumably) and Anthony Davis will not be available for years at all. Being unhappy stuck in a bad team was the only option for us to have a chance of getting him.

« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2017, 07:20:39 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
What if Ainge has a tampering-type kind of agreement with Hayward and so he cannot add salary after this summer? This may be an option.

Also, as I have posted, the worst thing about the trade is not that Cousins go to another team for a very low package. What annoys me the most is that the Pelicans improve (presumably) and Anthony Davis will not be available for years at all. Being unhappy stuck in a bad team was the only option for us to have a chance of getting him.

The best option WAS cousins!  Period!  Fills a need, is young, we give up few assets.  Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.n!

« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2017, 07:29:24 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
if Ainge didnt pull the trigger for boogy it was because of his attitude problems. this C's team has pretty good team chemistry. who knows how cousins takes coaching from stevens, how his chemistry affects the locker-room

« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2017, 07:30:35 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This bull**** about character has to stop.  Go get a ****ing team!  Part of ainges problem is he's more worried about image.  This is why year after year people get frustrated with him.  Other teams make moves for peanuts and ainge is like ummm no we won't give up james young...****!!!

It's not the image DA is worried about, it's Boogies lack of Want that Stevens has an issue with. Boogie is a top 5 talent, but when things don't go his way he pouts and complains to the refs while the other team scores. SAC actually did an analysis on this and the rate this happens was more than they were comfortable with going forward and thats why the quick ship out of town, to start over. And every time I saw him play, I saw that exact thing, he's always dragging his butt up the floor when things go south. There's a difference between some one like Boogie and some one like Wallace who had an attitude, but that was always geared towards trying to win, and he always showed up.

A lot of teams didn't bite, a lot of teams could have used him in the playoffs, but didn't make a push for him. I bet Stevens loved the game, but didn't want to have to baby sit and coddle a grown man. Smart has some issues, but like Wallace, it's a competitive one, which is easier to coach than one thats pouty.