Author Topic: Woj Bomb: DeMarcus Cousins traded to Pelicans  (Read 30339 times)

Re: Woj Bomb: DeMarcus Cousins traded to Pelicans
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 12:16:24 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
[dang] [dang] [dang]!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 12:16:29 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm shocked that's all the Kings got for him.  I'm really disappointed that we didn't get him.

Did the Kings not shop him around or was no one interested?  My gut feeling is that it is the former because you know... Sacramento.  Terrible trade for the Kings.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 12:17:17 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
That's a shame! THAT'S A [dang] SHAME!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 12:19:22 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Interesting nugget from Kyler:

The curious question is will same $200 million question haunt the Pacers over the next 3 days?

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/833544027052060673

I've heard others ask the same question. Completely different scenario, but it's a factor nonetheless. What's even worse is that he's more than likely gone to greener pastures if he doesn't make an All-NBA team and get that DPE.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 12:23:26 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
i'm reading on twitter and other sites..people hating on ainge...come on people don't be stupid..and people blaming stevens because he didn't want cousins....it's unreal.

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 12:24:14 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Sweet relief here. Stay away from Boogie man. There is good reason they got nothing in return. Stevens will not ever coach Cousin's.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 12:25:09 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
look at this dummy....

Dan Lifshatz ‏@DanLifshatz  7m7 minutes ago
More
 As much as I like Brad Stevens and think he's done a wonderful job with the team, you lost Boogie Cousins cause of him

Dan Lifshatz ‏@DanLifshatz  25m25 minutes ago
More
Dan Lifshatz Retweeted Marc Stein
BRAD STEVENS COST YOU DEMARCUS COUSINS

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 12:25:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Woj:The Kings were at significant risk to lose a 2017 Top-10 protected pick to Chicago, and trade increases chances to hold onto it

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 12:29:14 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Sweet relief here. Stay away from Boogie man. There is good reason they got nothing in return. Stevens will not ever coach Cousin's.

Exactly.

I wanted Cousins bad.

Obviously a lot of other GMs didn't.

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 12:30:36 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Woj:The Kings were at significant risk to lose a 2017 Top-10 protected pick to Chicago, and trade increases chances to hold onto it

Tp for that info triboy- that is actually very relevant in this particular situation.

Echoing everybody else - total bummer, especially for what he finally went for, but Danny/Brad must've known more than us to not get in on this.

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
look at this dummy....

Dan Lifshatz ‏@DanLifshatz  7m7 minutes ago
More
 As much as I like Brad Stevens and think he's done a wonderful job with the team, you lost Boogie Cousins cause of him

Dan Lifshatz ‏@DanLifshatz  25m25 minutes ago
More
Dan Lifshatz Retweeted Marc Stein
BRAD STEVENS COST YOU DEMARCUS COUSINS

We don't know that's true.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 12:33:56 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I'm shocked that's all the Kings got for him.  I'm really disappointed that we didn't get him.

Did the Kings not shop him around or was no one interested?  My gut feeling is that it is the former because you know... Sacramento.  Terrible trade for the Kings.

Agree 100%  I think Danny dropped the ball BIGLY here!  Cousins makes Boston an immediate title contender.  Screwed up bad here IMO
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 12:39:13 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Agree 100%  I think Danny dropped the ball BIGLY here!  Cousins makes Boston an immediate title contender.  Screwed up bad here IMO

I'm curious if the Kings even shopped him around.  They had been stating that they were not trading him until less than a day ago.  Then rumors about the Pelicans and then the deal finalized.  They should have had teams bidding against each other and unless reporters were completely left in the dark, it doesn't sound like it happened.  If it was almost any other team, I would assume they had done their homework, but the Kings are one of the most incompetent franchises in the league if not the worst.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 12:41:02 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
That is such a dumb trade, dumb trade.

They can't get another 1st rounder for Boogie? That's just dumb...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 12:41:28 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Immediate Knee Jerk Reactions...

- Pelicans have assembled what could potentially go down as the greatest front court of all time. The NBA as a whole is a stronger league than when we woke up this morning.

- Danny chose Stevens and a boatload of assets over Demarcus Cousins and his baggage. For the same reason I've been fighting the Lonzo Ball hype machine I'm not crushed to miss out on Cousins. I don't want our team's identity to be built around one player.

- Really excited to never have to read another Cousins to Boston trade idea.

- The NBA loves Tom Benson's Pelicans. Clearly have wanted to build up the market down there after now 2 All Star games. The conspiracy side of my brain is screaming the Sac got some back door benefits from Silver and co. to accept the Pelican's package.

- Heard speculation before that if the NBA expands to include Seattle and the second team (Mexico City, Kansas City, Vegas etc.) both teams would stay in the West and NOP and Memphis would be realigned into the Eastern Conference.

This might be a future rival down the road.

- Cousins was the best player we could realistically acquire and now it's a brave new world knowing that he's no longer an option. Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony all just rose in their potential value to our franchise.

- Tyreke Evan's is going home and Sacto is now the most fun team to armchair GM in the 2017 Draft.

- Did I mention I'm really excited to never have to read another Boogie to Boston trade idea thread.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:59:23 AM by Smartacus »