Author Topic: What is Danny waiting for?  (Read 3267 times)

What is Danny waiting for?
« on: February 19, 2017, 11:53:58 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
How long are we going to have to wait for a player with cousins talent level becomes available again?

It won't be Davis with cousins there now.

If we don't land Butler or George for a reasonable package I am gonna be p---ed.

Lebrons not walking through that door
Neither is Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Harden

This is crazy to not even offer something like jaylen and 3 non brk picks

Re: What is Danny waiting for?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:15:45 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
How long are we going to have to wait for a player with cousins talent level becomes available again?

If we don't land Butler or George for a reasonable package I am gonna be p---ed.

Gordon Hayward.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:15:54 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
There has to be something we don't know about cousins that would have made him absolutely cancerous in our locker room. otherwise Ainge would have beat the Pelicans offer by MILES. Maybe Cousins rubbed IT4 the wrong way in Sacramento and Isaiah relayed that to Celtics management? I'm as baffled as ever.

I still think the Bulls and Pacers are asking far too much for George and Butler.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
There has to be something we don't know about cousins that would have made him absolutely cancerous in our locker room. otherwise Ainge would have beat the Pelicans offer by MILES. Maybe Cousins rubbed IT4 the wrong way in Sacramento and Isaiah relayed that to Celtics management? I'm as baffled as ever.

I still think the Bulls and Pacers are asking far too much for George and Butler.

It wasn't just us that passed on him.

Many teams could have put together a better offer.

So you're right, there's a lot we don't know that those GMs do, and that's why they passed.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 12:28:11 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Danny's just too comfortable in his job.  No pressure from his bosses or the fans.  It's not ideal.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 12:33:05 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

We've been playing this game for three years. When will we learn? Nothing big will happen. Sorry. Ainge is far too comfortable hoarding his chips. We're not paying Chicago's price for Butler, and George is a pipe dream.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 12:34:04 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
It should be pretty telling that the only team that made a real offer for him was New Orlreans, who has an incompetent GM desperately trying to save his job.

I'm not saying it is guaranteed to fail, but I'm sure Danny (and every other team in the league) had their reasons.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 12:44:02 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Absolutely agree. And I'm not buying that his character is the reason for no offer. The organization and culture would not allow Cousins to get away with that crap in Boston. If anything, teams feared chances of resigning and I'm banking on DA not wanting to part with assets.

I'm frustrated and will be even more if nothing happens before deadline.

Also Gordon Hayward will never be in the same category as cousins, ever

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum

Gordon Hayward.

Because Gordon Hayward belongs in the same sentence as Cousins, Lebron, Durant, Curry and Harden....

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 12:46:51 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Danny is doing a great job.
No knuckleheads.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

First of all, maybe they did make that offer.  It's possible that DA wouldn't part with Nets '17 and Brown and that was a deal-breaker for Sac when the Pels put Heild and their pick on the table. 

But the bottom line is that the C's brain trust opted not to risk the future of the franchise on Cousins.  If I had to bet between CBloggers and DA-CBS as to who is correct, I'd probably go with the C's brass.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 01:04:06 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I suspect teams want our Brooklyn picks and when we say no they don't want to trade with us.  Maybe they read this board and think that Danny should want to make some of the outrageous trades that are proposed here.  Maybe they think were desperate and can get over on us.   Maybe with the two Brooklyn picks when we offer up the clippers pick in 2019 or our own 2018 pick we come off as being cheep and unreasonable. 

I wouldn't have traded the # 1 or 2 pick in this draft  as part of a package for Cousins.   What they got was far less then fans on this site were proposing.   We could have done better but we couldn't have given a 2017 1st without giving up the Brooklyn pick.  I haven't followed NO but if they make the playoffs thats a one dimensional player in Heild a decent PG, a mid first and a high second for cousins.  We could have definitely beat that, but is this 2017 draft seen by GMs as so deep as to covet even picks say 12-16?  Right now the NO pick is 9.

We can't make a team trade with us and I'm all for not getting ripped off.  Sure we have extra picks but we're in 2nd place and playing good basketball.  The team is fun to watch and we are sitting on two more top 5 picks.  Both Ball and Fultz can play either PG or SG.  We can't keep both IT and Bradley so one of those spots will be opening up.  In 2018 there are a bunch of nice big man prospects and even a few interesting wings, Donic & Porter. Sure teams want a shot at those picks but that would be trading a shot at a great player for a player who couldn't get it done in the NBA despite putting up all star numbers.   Butler's bulls team that lost in the playoffs was better then what we'd have left if we gave up Brown, Bradley, Crowder and the 2017 pick for him.  Cousins hasn't even made the playoffs and its not like there was no talent on any of those teams.   Angie is no fool, but it looks like the Kings may be, I've heard of rebound dating but this looks like a rebound trade ... ha ha.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 01:22:09 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
A no brainer, minimal risk, desperation trade that maximizes value and has least amount of assets given up.....

a fairy tale trade that doesn't exist but he is convienced it's going to happen.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 01:24:20 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
A no brainer, minimal risk, desperation trade that maximizes value and has least amount of assets given up.....

a fairy tale trade that doesn't exist but he is convienced it's going to happen.

Yup.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 01:52:36 AM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
I'm guessing IT advised Ainge against making a Cousins trade.