Poll

Can the Celtics get both Cousins and Butler?

Yes
3 (15.8%)
No
16 (84.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Do you think the celtics Can Get Both Butler and Cousins?  (Read 1620 times)

Do you think the celtics Can Get Both Butler and Cousins?
« on: February 19, 2017, 07:23:21 PM »

Offline celtsfan18

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 5
I know these board are exploding right now, but it would be awesome to get Butler and cousins. Is it Possible?

Re: Do you think the celtics Can Get Both Butler and Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Maybe?
If Horford and Isaiah are off the table, I think '17, Crowder, Bradley, Rozier gets you Butler
'18, Brown, Memphis '19, Smart, Zizic, Yabusele, Jerebko could get you close to Cousins

realistically, no.

Only way to get either guy without gutting the entire roster is via Nets '17.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 08:28:23 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Adios Al Horford!  Much rather have IT, Boogie, and Butler!  A great PG, a great C, and a great scorer/defender at SG/SF!  Perfect!  No need for AH.  Not a great scorer or rebounder.  Anything Al can do, Boogie can do better!  Of IT, Boogie, and Butler, NOW who do you leave open while double teaming one of the others?  If DA can somehow make it work, I don't really care too much who is left from our current roster.  All the others can be replaced and still have a great shot at a title for many years!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Sure, you can get pretty much anything you want. The question is, would they be willing to surrender the assets required to consummate such a deal? I doubt it.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:37:08 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
No.  Neither the Kings nor the Bulls are trading those guys without getting the 2017 Nets pick, so it's one or the other

However, I think it's possible (but admitadly very unlikely) to get either Hayward/Boogie or Blake/(George or Butler) if you sign one in free agency and then trade for the other using AB, the 2017 Nets pick after signing (like with Wiggins) and either the 2018 Nets pick or Brown (maybe even both, considering that those deals would at least put us even with Golden State)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Adios Al Horford!  Much rather have IT, Boogie, and Butler!  A great PG, a great C, and a great scorer/defender at SG/SF!  Perfect!  No need for AH.  Not a great scorer or rebounder.  Anything Al can do, Boogie can do better!  Of IT, Boogie, and Butler, NOW who do you leave open while double teaming one of the others?  If DA can somehow make it work, I don't really care too much who is left from our current roster.  All the others can be replaced and still have a great shot at a title for many years!

Do you think this is Danny's overall goal? To get a big three of IT Butler and Boogie?

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm not in for Cousins.  He's a nut job.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6

i'm sorry...but this is just stupid....

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 09:56:38 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
No they can't.