Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 45879 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2017, 12:51:58 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
https://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/833552625840844801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Source w/reasons Pels got Boogie: Cs (too focussed on getting Butler), Orl (could've had him, balked) & Phx (Sac didn't want BKnight).

https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/833551863941365761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Asking around. Not getting a lot of word on @celtics offers for DeMarcus Cousins.  Doesn't seem like they wanted the guy

« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2017, 12:53:01 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Well, I think Ainge and Brad didn't want him potentially messing everything up. That's the main point I think and I understand.

I wouldve taken the risks still though.

Yeah, I would have hated to see our non-contender disrupted.

Yeah, the guys who've built a 48 win playoff team clearly don't understand basketball as some guys on a message board.

I'm listening to some doofus on ESPN just flat out blame the Kings for everything and actually compared the Pelicans to Golden State.  Words fail me.

Mike

Danny and Brad aren't infallible. Hell, Brad - despite his deity status - has yet to win a playoff series.

I've done my fair share of ripping Stevens, but I generally try to do it with something more than arrogant snark.  There are at least half a dozen teams besides us that could have easily beaten that offer.  Heck, the Knicks could have blown it away with a Porzingis-centered deal.  That no one did says that every one of those teams came to the same conclusion Ainge apparently did.

Ainge has made mistakes like any GM but I'm sure he's spent more time evaluating Cousins than any 10 people of this board combined.  If he simply wants nothing to do with him, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Mike

I want what you are smoking. Even Billy King wouldn't of traded Porzingis for Cousins. I'll give Ainge benefit of the doubt because he is the GM and has much more info. But from a fan perspective, it's tough seeing an all NBA player that could put us in clear contention with Cleveland for the East be traded for .40 cents on the dollar to a team we could have easily out bid.

« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2017, 12:53:09 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Let's give our organization the benefit of the doubt. If Brad didn't want him in the locker room, and I'm sure they talked to IT4 about him, I'm sure they had good reason to not give up on their assets.

I wouldn't fault a team for believing in their highest draft pick in 20 years and their top pick in a loaded draft the next two seasons.

Cousins is a good talent. But, he's shooting 45% with 4 turnovers a game on a team that hasn't made the playoffs since he arrived there. He is a nuisance in the locker room, constantly picks up technicals, and basically loses as many games with his temper/actions/suspensions as he wins with his talent.

I like him and wish we got him. But I'll trust the organization that built our treasure chest to not unload it on someone they didn't love.

Gosh, I hate to be that guy, but we're never going to unload it. #keepallourpicksandassetsforever

Yeah maybe he will keep them all. Maybe he won't. It's a question that may be answered in 4 days. Or this summer. Or next February. Or next June/July. We won't know until it happens.

Ainge has done a good job thus far. I don't think he was asleep at the wheel tonight.

I think he squandered an incredible opportunity to add a seminal talent to the roster. Won't have another chance to add an All-NBA big at such a low cost anytime soon.

All-NBA talent, D-League mind.

The mental part of the game is real. He clearly lacks it.

Perhaps. But that's why Brad gets paid millions of dollars. His job goes far beyond neat out of bounds plays, and crafting cute motivational phrases. It's to tap into players like Cousins; help them develop some semblance of composure and discipline. A number of coaches have tried with Cousins, and they've all failed ( to varying degrees). But [dang]it someone, at some point, is going to reach this kid, and when they do, that team will be unstoppable.

Maybe. But maybe not. The Celtics are clearly building something good here. They have a well-respected coach. They have a GM whose colleagues take his calls trepedaciously because of his reputation. We have an emerging MVP candidate. We brought in our biggest FA acquisition in franchise history. Or trajectory is upwards and this move could have made us plateau as a very good team. 
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2017, 12:57:30 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Let's give our organization the benefit of the doubt. If Brad didn't want him in the locker room, and I'm sure they talked to IT4 about him, I'm sure they had good reason to not give up on their assets.

I wouldn't fault a team for believing in their highest draft pick in 20 years and their top pick in a loaded draft the next two seasons.

Cousins is a good talent. But, he's shooting 45% with 4 turnovers a game on a team that hasn't made the playoffs since he arrived there. He is a nuisance in the locker room, constantly picks up technicals, and basically loses as many games with his temper/actions/suspensions as he wins with his talent.

I like him and wish we got him. But I'll trust the organization that built our treasure chest to not unload it on someone they didn't love.

Gosh, I hate to be that guy, but we're never going to unload it. #keepallourpicksandassetsforever

Yeah maybe he will keep them all. Maybe he won't. It's a question that may be answered in 4 days. Or this summer. Or next February. Or next June/July. We won't know until it happens.

Ainge has done a good job thus far. I don't think he was asleep at the wheel tonight.

I think he squandered an incredible opportunity to add a seminal talent to the roster. Won't have another chance to add an All-NBA big at such a low cost anytime soon.

Perhaps. But that's why Brad gets paid millions of dollars. His job goes far beyond neat out of bounds plays, and crafting cute motivational phrases. It's to tap into players like Cousins; help them develop some semblance of composure and discipline. A number of coaches have tried with Cousins, and they've all failed ( to varying degrees). But [dang]it someone, at some point, is going to reach this kid, and when they do, that team will be unstoppable.

Maybe. But maybe not. The Celtics are clearly building something good here. They have a well-respected coach. They have a GM whose colleagues take his calls trepedaciously because of his reputation. We have an emerging MVP candidate. We brought in our biggest FA acquisition in franchise history. Or trajectory is upwards and this move could have made us plateau as a very good team.

Or, if we strike out in free agency next summer, we're a pretty good team with one All-Star and only one reliable big man who is on the wrong side of 30. After paying IT, Smart, Bradley and Crowder, we could be a capped out mediocre team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2017, 12:58:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
But [dang]it someone, at some point, is going to reach this kid, and when they do, that team will be unstoppable.
Actually is more likely no one reaches Cousins and he just stays the spoiled, petulant mental midget that he has been his entire time in this league

The All-NBA, best center in the NBA mental midget who improves his game every season.
And yet still has never been on a winning team...yeah, that mental midget.

« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2017, 12:59:03 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Im not even mad, at the end of the day at least we arent kings fans.

True. Sactown Royalty is in shambles. Feel bad for that fanbase.

Yeah no matter what it is hard to be a Sac fan today.

On the other hand, it's a great time to be a Sixers fan. Not only do they own the right to swap picks with Sactown this year, but they also own the Kings 2019 #1. Unprotected. At least that trade allowed them to sign two long-term building blocks in Rajon Rondo and Marco Bellinelli.

That is extremely depressing, Roy. They gotta be jumping with joy over at Liberty Ballers.

:P

« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2017, 01:07:09 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
This really puts the Rondo trade in perspective

« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2017, 01:11:43 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
But [dang]it someone, at some point, is going to reach this kid, and when they do, that team will be unstoppable.
Actually is more likely no one reaches Cousins and he just stays the spoiled, petulant mental midget that he has been his entire time in this league

The All-NBA, best center in the NBA mental midget who improves his game every season.

So? Have you seen Sacramento's management?

KG played on consecutive low-lottery teams, and would have played on many more, had he not forced a trade. Kyrie was a loser until Lebron arrived. Anthony Davis has played on consecutive lousy teams.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

KG played on consecutive low-lottery teams, and would have played on many more, had he not forced a trade. Kyrie was a loser until Lebron arrived. Anthony Davis has played on consecutive lousy teams.

KG proved himself already before the team fell apart because of the organization. Nobody questioned KG's talent or mettle.

Take LeBron off Cleveland, and Kyrie goes back to being a loser. AD definitely has something to prove.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2017, 01:31:28 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Can't understand how you can't see that it is quite possible and most likely that not only is Sactown's management a disgrace BUT ALSO that Cousins is a massive problem child that causes more harm than good to his team. And why? Because of mental and personality issues. Blame goes all around in Sacramneto and Cousins should receive his fair share of it. He has been as much of the problem in Sacramento as the front office has been. There is a reason Cousins could be got for so little. Teams just dont place high value on high maintenance head cases who havent shown that despite their ungodly talent they can elavate a team to be a winner

« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2017, 01:36:41 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

Or, if we strike out in free agency next summer, we're a pretty good team with one All-Star and only one reliable big man who is on the wrong side of 30. After paying IT, Smart, Bradley and Crowder, we could be a capped out mediocre team.

I'm fine with going over the cap to resign all those guys, or trading one for vucavic, AND having prospects like Brown, Fultz, Ayton behind them.

We are in a very unique position as an already talented team with 3 consecutive great lottery picks.

Boogie is too risky a move. Love his talent, but his character issues are legit and I don't fault Ainge (or many other GM's who actually need to make a move) for not pulling the trigger on him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2017, 01:39:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I'm fine with going over the cap to resign all those guys, or trading one for vucavic, AND having prospects like Brown, Fultz, Ayton behind them.

We are in a very unique position as an already talented team with 3 consecutive great lottery picks.

Boogie is too risky a move. Love his talent, but his character issues are legit and I don't fault Ainge (or many other GM's who actually need to make a move) for not pulling the trigger on him.

What are the odds that one of those picks ever makes an All-NBA team?

« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2017, 01:42:42 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Pretty high
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2017, 01:51:09 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

I'd say better than the odds Demarcus Cousins becomes a leader, ever.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2017, 01:51:48 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

Double post.
CELTICS 2024