Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 45688 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:01 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6

« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We need to strike right now.  If their asking price isn't insane, DA has to pull the trigger.  If he has read Roy H's posts over the past two years, I think this deal is done.

Tomorrow will be a day of celebrating, fellas.  I'm imbibing alcohol in T minus 5 mins.

Lol. That's my dream. To talk Danny into a DMC trade.

If you're reading this, Danny, I'm offer free Chipotle for a year and 10 free hours of legal work in Maine if you pull this off.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:37 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/833524051394060289

According to Bulpett (from a text from a league source he says), C's haven't been one of the teams talking to Sacramento today.

Really going to be peeved if they're not going hard after Cousins.

« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
Bulpett just said Celtics weren't one of the teams in on Cousins tonight..
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2017, 10:54:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This tweet by Mannix is great news.  They're asking for exactly what we have to give up.

Chris Mannix‏ @ChrisMannixYS

Kings have not been seeking equal value in Cousins deal, source tells @TheVertical. Young talent, draft picks, expiring contracts primarily.
10:46 PM · Feb 19, 2017

« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

According to Bulpett (from a text from a league source he says), C's haven't been one of the teams talking to Sacramento today.

Yeah. There are maybe five guys in the NBA who would fill all of our needs. Cousins is a perfect fit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2017, 10:56:45 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
This tweet by Mannix is great news.  They're asking for exactly what we have to give up.

Chris Mannix‏ @ChrisMannixYS

Kings have not been seeking equal value in Cousins deal, source tells @TheVertical. Young talent, draft picks, expiring contracts primarily.
10:46 PM · Feb 19, 2017

Young, 2017 Nets, Amir then?

« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Two thoughts:

1) Celtics have long had standing offer out for him that no one can beat. So there's no need to
talk.
2) The Celtics truly don't want him.

I'm not sure how I feel about #2.  Because they clearly want a player with DMC's skill set.  So they must really be concerned with his behavior.

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This is getting very real very quickly...and it seems like we'll be nothing more than observers.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
WOW, Come on Danny? What is up? Well maybe Kings are trying to beat a drop dead offer made by Danny.

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
We need to strike right now.  If their asking price isn't insane, DA has to pull the trigger.  If he has read Roy H's posts over the past two years, I think this deal is done.

Tomorrow will be a day of celebrating, fellas.  I'm imbibing alcohol in T minus 5 mins.

If you're reading this, Danny, I'm offer free Chipotle for a year and 10 free hours of legal work in Maine if you pull this off.

You've played your part, Roy.  Admirable, to say the least.

Danny, that's an offer you cannot refuse in my poorly-established armchair position.  Roy is an accomplished attorney, we know you're always hankering for that Chipotle, and I can readily offer a lifetime of neuropsychological assessments free of charge.  Do you really want to let such a rabid and dedicated fanbase down?

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2017, 11:03:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Cousins just strikes you as one of those Larry Sanders types that may wake up one day and say he does not want to play basketball anymore. Dude is scary like that.

I fail to see ANY comparison between Sanders and Cousins in any way, shape, or form!!!  Horribly unfair comparison.

Smitty77

Yeah, Cousins has always been competitive and hard-working, and has been a good citizen off the court.

Good citizen off the court? Yeah, right.

The guy is a head case. Do you see the number of techs he has by the ASG? Before, you follow Smitty and turn this into a Cousins is not Larry Sanders debate, let me just say I agree he is not Larry Sanders. I only used Larry as an example of a player that walked away from the game. I am not implying Cousins is Larry Sanders. I am saying though that he scares me as a player that may just say he has had enough of all the techs and walk away with his money.

Technicals occur on the court, as you are probably aware.

Off the court he's been involved in Sacramento's community, is known for his charity, has never faced criminal charges, has improved his game every season, and has led voluntary workouts during the summer.

Seems kind of irrelevant as far as whether we should trade for him.

Much more concerned with his on court personality which comes across as disruptive and immature. His poor working relationship with multiple coaches. He's not particularly athletic. Yeah, he scores lots of points, but usually in a losing cause. Will he be able to cover Embiid, Porzingis, Davis, Towns? Horford can't.

I think fans are too panicked to do something right away. We got very lucky getting these Brooklyn picks. I'd much rather use them and develop a team that can compete for a long time. Trading much of that future away for Cousins at best gives us a 50-50 shot to make the finals and lose to the Warriors in 5-6 games. That does not interest me. I find it much more interesting to grow our talent within. When you get multiple high draft picks in several consecutive years, it gives us the perfect opportunity to do just that.

« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2017, 11:03:15 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Completely irrelevant question, are you footing the bill for Chipotle (in which case, why Chipotle) or do you have a hook up?

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2017, 11:03:20 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
If/when Cousins gets moved to a team for a young prospect, late lotto/mid first, expiring and future pick to a team not named the Celtics, I'm not going to be happy with DA. Nor will I stand behind "In DA we trust" anymore. Why get all these assets if we aren't going to move them for proven stars? I know cousins has issues but I trust the organization and culture to change that. Make it happen! We didn't sign Al Hortford to a max at 30 to be 3 in the conference or develop picks for 3-4 years.

Now if he has plans for a Butler or PG trade, disreguard....But I have a feeling no trades will happen

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2017, 11:04:18 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Ainge you better go get him. Now its time to unload what you have been stock piling to get that star.