Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 45665 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2017, 08:39:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Danny is crazy if he doesn't go all-in on this. He literally checks all of our boxes:

1. Young;

2. Not a rental;

3. Dominant scorer;

4. Excellent rebounder;

5. Talented passer;

6. Very good defender (steals, blocks, charges taken);

7. Floor spacer;

8. Good relationship with IT;

9. Performs in the clutch

10. Warriors kryptonite (they literally have nobody to guard him)

11. Excellent at getting to the line

The Warriors (and the Cavs for that matter, too) simply have no player that can defend him, and he's so good passing out of double-teams that you literally can't do that to him either, especially if he's passing to the likes of IT, Horford, Crowder, and Bradley rather than that rag-tag bunch in Sacramento.

He's about every single thing we need right now in Boston.
-1. Him and Horford are likely both defensive liabilities at the 4.

To be clear, I love Cousins and think if he is available, then we have no choice but to go all in.

Just think the on-court negatives(we all know the off-court ones) should be listed too.

Boogie has played 40% of his time at PF this year, and PFs have actually performed worse than centers against him. His overall defense has been very good.
Thats both surprising and impressive.

Out of curiosity, where did you find those numbers?

The 40% is from basketball-reference.com, with 82games.com backing it up.

The numbers against opposing PFs are from 82games.com.

The overall defense is from, among other places, NBA.com's defensive dashboard, showing that Boogie holds opponents to 2.2% below their normal shooting percentage.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
CSN Bay reporter (James Ham - a very reputable Kings guy) hearing sources that there's as high of a 50/50 chance that Cousins is traded before Thursday's deadline.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/source-kings-pelicans-have-discussed-possible-cousins-trade

Nothing is ever a sure thing when it comes to the Sacramento Kings. After digging deep into negotiations with DeMarcus Cousins on a new five-year, $219 million contract extension, a source has confirmed to CSN California that Sacramento has had discussions with the New Orleans Pelicans on a possible trade for the All-Star big man.

No deal is imminent, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, talks between the Kings and the Pelicans took place over the weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline.

The Kings went to great lengths a few weeks back to ensure Cousins that rumors of a potential trade were false, even meeting with the 26-year-old big and his agents in Sacramento to crush published reports.

Sacramento's GM Vlade Divac even went as far as to tell ESPN’s Marc Stein, “We’re not trading DeMarcus.”

Cousins spoke glowingly of Sacramento in his media sessions at All-Star weekend in New Orleans, reiterating to reporters that he would love to finish his career in a Kings uniform.

The Pelicans are a strange trade partner. Anthony Davis is the only blue chip player on the roster, but there is no way New Orleans is giving up their superstar in a deal. There are other assets that Sacramento might be interested in.

According to sources, the Kings attempted to move up in the 2016 NBA Draft to select shooting guard Buddy Hield, and point guard Jrue Holiday has admirers in the organization. The Pelicans also own all of their first-round draft picks moving forward.

Any team trading for Cousins would likely want assurances from the center/forward that he intends to sign an extension during the summer. But they would be limited to a four-year deal, not the “designated player” five-year extension Cousins has been looking to sign in Sacramento.

Cousins is having his best season in Sacramento, averaging 27.8 points, 10.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists under Dave Joerger.

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical was first to report the potential deal

He definitely pulled the 50/50 part out of his ***.  It's only 50/50 in the sense that it either happens or it doesn't. I'd put good money on him not being dealt to NO by the deadline and laugh all the way to the bank
I'm bitter.

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Celtics are the only team whose high value draft picks (Nets) will not be impacted by the trade.  Pels, for example, will compete for a playoff spot this year if they get Cousins. 

Nets picks are uniquely valuable.

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2017, 08:44:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Celtics are the only team whose high value draft picks (Nets) will not be impacted by the trade.  Pels, for example, will compete for a playoff spot this year if they get Cousins. 

Nets picks are uniquely valuable.
the most valuable pick ever available at mid-season imo
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2017, 08:44:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
CSN Bay reporter (James Ham - a very reputable Kings guy) hearing sources that there's as high of a 50/50 chance that Cousins is traded before Thursday's deadline.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/source-kings-pelicans-have-discussed-possible-cousins-trade

Nothing is ever a sure thing when it comes to the Sacramento Kings. After digging deep into negotiations with DeMarcus Cousins on a new five-year, $219 million contract extension, a source has confirmed to CSN California that Sacramento has had discussions with the New Orleans Pelicans on a possible trade for the All-Star big man.

No deal is imminent, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, talks between the Kings and the Pelicans took place over the weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline.

The Kings went to great lengths a few weeks back to ensure Cousins that rumors of a potential trade were false, even meeting with the 26-year-old big and his agents in Sacramento to crush published reports.

Sacramento's GM Vlade Divac even went as far as to tell ESPN’s Marc Stein, “We’re not trading DeMarcus.”

Cousins spoke glowingly of Sacramento in his media sessions at All-Star weekend in New Orleans, reiterating to reporters that he would love to finish his career in a Kings uniform.

The Pelicans are a strange trade partner. Anthony Davis is the only blue chip player on the roster, but there is no way New Orleans is giving up their superstar in a deal. There are other assets that Sacramento might be interested in.

According to sources, the Kings attempted to move up in the 2016 NBA Draft to select shooting guard Buddy Hield, and point guard Jrue Holiday has admirers in the organization. The Pelicans also own all of their first-round draft picks moving forward.

Any team trading for Cousins would likely want assurances from the center/forward that he intends to sign an extension during the summer. But they would be limited to a four-year deal, not the “designated player” five-year extension Cousins has been looking to sign in Sacramento.

Cousins is having his best season in Sacramento, averaging 27.8 points, 10.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists under Dave Joerger.

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical was first to report the potential deal

He definitely pulled the 50/50 part out of his ***.  It's only 50/50 in the sense that it either happens or it doesn't. I'd put good money on him not being dealt to NO by the deadline and laugh all the way to the bank

I was taking him saying "there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline" as meaning something with Cousins in general, not just New Orleans. I still think New Orleans is ultimately just a smokescreen and there's another actual team they're trying to get more out of, most likely us.

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2017, 08:45:09 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
This is officially the only CB thread in history that has had multiple posters claiming that they will off themselves if a deal doesn't go through and several others offering left testicles (either their own or somebody else's) in order to consummate that deal.

Reminds me of this oldie but goodie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WhIpdqrNk

BTW, I don't believe anything I read in the media about what Danny or Brad want. DA is a master at working the press.

Mike

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Sources: Pelicans and Kings have discussed a DeMarcus Cousins trade for Buddy Hield and multiple Pelicans first-round draft picks.
Bs, I think that came from bleacher report, which is about as reputable as A Sherrod Blakely.

Cs can easily top that with Jaylen, AB, brk 17, bos 18, men, future picks

Yeah if we're stupid.

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2017, 09:25:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Id give up both Nets picks without blinking.

Oh, me too.  And I'd give up Brown and another first too if it meant keeping all the key contributors next season.  We'll have fist fights with DC and Cleveland in the playoffs.  It would be freaking sick.

Thank goodness neither of you are Danny. That's a Chris Wallace move.

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2017, 09:31:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Id give up both Nets picks without blinking.

Oh, me too.  And I'd give up Brown and another first too if it meant keeping all the key contributors next season.  We'll have fist fights with DC and Cleveland in the playoffs.  It would be freaking sick.

Thank goodness neither of you are Danny. That's a Chris Wallace move.
Lets not act like Demarcus Cousins doesnt have the talent level to make us completely legitimate title contenders for the next 5 years.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Archive this thread, it's a classic!

Far as Cousins? Nets 17 and fillers not named AB IT Al Smart Brown or Crowder ..
No way I give up multiple Nets piks

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2017, 09:37:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Pelicans are interested and Vlade has said they are not interested to trade him

so theres that

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2017, 09:41:37 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Lets not kid ourselves...Cousins is the perfect player to neutralize Cavs, Warriors and soon to be Sixers(if Embiid stays healthy).He is the only one I might(yes, might) gamble picks from Brooklyn on. But, if Stevens says no, it is  done. Ainge wont lose his golden coach, no matter what. I am not a psychologist, but there is a good chance Cousins could backfire on us like other dominate players have backfired on those from years gone by...Melo has given the Knicks what(zip), how did Herschel Walker do for the Vikings in the 90's?(Cowboys had nice run thank you MN)...Yes, we could offer multiple firsts and a plethora of potential talent but if we are wrong, and he is poision instead of paradise, we will be sunk for many years....but if Cousins is the one for us, Lebron could be crying rivers of sorrow for his remaining years......

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2017, 09:49:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Seems like a pretty fluid situation, according to the Vertical's Woj and Mannix. Seems like Danny could swoop in with an offer and make this a difficult decision for them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-after-promising-to-keep-him-kings-have-discussed-trading-demarcus-cousins-011726268.html

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:27 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
So maybe the Celtics have a choice between Butler and Cousins. They are the 900 lb gorilla who can outbid anybody for either.

I think Cousins is the more complete player for their needs. They would have a good enough team around him to be serious contenders. He does have some personal issues. Though I think those are mainly frustration not playing for a winner. The Yankees have feasted on such players in the past. They straighten out when they win.

I don't believe Cousins contract is as friendly as Butler or George. FA after next year? He'll cost more. And Ainge would have to have some assurance he'll re-sign. This could be the deciding factor.

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2017, 09:56:13 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
On the question of whether those Nets picks are more valuable than George, Cousins or Butler:

Ainge has never drafted anybody remotely as good as George, Butler or Cousins. That answers the question for me.

And those Nets picks have to go through a lottery. Remember when they lost Duncan in the lottery?