Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 45671 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2017, 08:05:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Danny is crazy if he doesn't go all-in on this. He literally checks all of our boxes:

1. Young;

2. Not a rental;

3. Dominant scorer;

4. Excellent rebounder;

5. Talented passer;

6. Very good defender (steals, blocks, charges taken);

7. Floor spacer;

8. Good relationship with IT;

9. Performs in the clutch

10. Warriors kryptonite (they literally have nobody to guard him)

11. Excellent at getting to the line

The Warriors (and the Cavs for that matter, too) simply have no player that can defend him, and he's so good passing out of double-teams that you literally can't do that to him either, especially if he's passing to the likes of IT, Horford, Crowder, and Bradley rather than that rag-tag bunch in Sacramento.

He's about every single thing we need right now in Boston.
-1. Him and Horford are likely both defensive liabilities at the 4.

To be clear, I love Cousins and think if he is available, then we have no choice but to go all in.

Just think the on-court negatives(we all know the off-court ones) should be listed too.

Boogie has played 40% of his time at PF this year, and PFs have actually performed worse than centers against him. His overall defense has been very good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2017, 08:09:31 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd give my left nut as part of the deal if it means we get cousins.  C'mon Danny!

I've had 4 kids....don't plan on having any more......oh what the heck...me too!

Appreciate both of you as fellow human beings, but I'd hand over all 4 of your nuts for Boogie.

I'd hope I'd at least get a TP out of it. ;D

Indeed, TPs to both of you for your sacrifice.  We are truly the greatest fans in the world.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Interesting tidbit to consider - this now actually creates a significant market for the Brooklyn pick. With both Chicago and Sacramento (let alone potentially Indiana) being on the fence about trading their stars, the fact that this might be the only chance to get the number one asset on the market (the 2017 Brooklyn pick) might actually finally force them to trade their guys in order to have a chance at getting the asset.

I mean, it might not be a surprise that we're now starting to hear the Kings talk about moving Cousins after the Butler to Boston rumors have picked up in the last day or two. They might realize that this is the only time they can potentially get that Brooklyn pick from Boston before it's gone. And on the flip side, knowing that Sacramento will be interested in the pick, too, Chicago could be forced to move Butler for the pick now instead of buying their time even more and waiting for the summer.

Just an interesting dynamic right now with the pick. It's an excellent time to have such a lead on the other teams for the worst record in the league.

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Danny is crazy if he doesn't go all-in on this. He literally checks all of our boxes:

1. Young;

2. Not a rental;

3. Dominant scorer;

4. Excellent rebounder;

5. Talented passer;

7. Floor spacer;

Very True. But I heard that Boston was involved in 3 way talks. Would you take Anthony Davis or Cousins if you had the choice?
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
CSN Bay reporter (James Ham - a very reputable Kings guy) hearing sources that there's as high of a 50/50 chance that Cousins is traded before Thursday's deadline.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/source-kings-pelicans-have-discussed-possible-cousins-trade

Nothing is ever a sure thing when it comes to the Sacramento Kings. After digging deep into negotiations with DeMarcus Cousins on a new five-year, $219 million contract extension, a source has confirmed to CSN California that Sacramento has had discussions with the New Orleans Pelicans on a possible trade for the All-Star big man.

No deal is imminent, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, talks between the Kings and the Pelicans took place over the weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline.

The Kings went to great lengths a few weeks back to ensure Cousins that rumors of a potential trade were false, even meeting with the 26-year-old big and his agents in Sacramento to crush published reports.

Sacramento's GM Vlade Divac even went as far as to tell ESPN’s Marc Stein, “We’re not trading DeMarcus.”

Cousins spoke glowingly of Sacramento in his media sessions at All-Star weekend in New Orleans, reiterating to reporters that he would love to finish his career in a Kings uniform.

The Pelicans are a strange trade partner. Anthony Davis is the only blue chip player on the roster, but there is no way New Orleans is giving up their superstar in a deal. There are other assets that Sacramento might be interested in.

According to sources, the Kings attempted to move up in the 2016 NBA Draft to select shooting guard Buddy Hield, and point guard Jrue Holiday has admirers in the organization. The Pelicans also own all of their first-round draft picks moving forward.

Any team trading for Cousins would likely want assurances from the center/forward that he intends to sign an extension during the summer. But they would be limited to a four-year deal, not the “designated player” five-year extension Cousins has been looking to sign in Sacramento.

Cousins is having his best season in Sacramento, averaging 27.8 points, 10.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists under Dave Joerger.

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical was first to report the potential deal

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2017, 08:19:28 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I'd give my left nut as part of the deal if it means we get cousins.  C'mon Danny!

Crowder, Avery Bradley, Brooklyn '18, Boston 1st Round pick, Rozier and  Clench123 's LEFT NUT,
The Right One and Brooklyn '17 are off the table!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Crowder, Avery Bradley, Brooklyn '18, Boston 1st Round pick, Rozier and  Clench123 's LEFT NUT,
The Right One and Brooklyn '17 are off the table!

I'd be willing to include both of Clench's nuts.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2017, 08:25:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
CSN Bay reporter (James Ham - a very reputable Kings guy) hearing sources that there's as high of a 50/50 chance that Cousins is traded before Thursday's deadline.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/source-kings-pelicans-have-discussed-possible-cousins-trade

Nothing is ever a sure thing when it comes to the Sacramento Kings. After digging deep into negotiations with DeMarcus Cousins on a new five-year, $219 million contract extension, a source has confirmed to CSN California that Sacramento has had discussions with the New Orleans Pelicans on a possible trade for the All-Star big man.

No deal is imminent, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, talks between the Kings and the Pelicans took place over the weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline.

The Kings went to great lengths a few weeks back to ensure Cousins that rumors of a potential trade were false, even meeting with the 26-year-old big and his agents in Sacramento to crush published reports.

Sacramento's GM Vlade Divac even went as far as to tell ESPN’s Marc Stein, “We’re not trading DeMarcus.”

Cousins spoke glowingly of Sacramento in his media sessions at All-Star weekend in New Orleans, reiterating to reporters that he would love to finish his career in a Kings uniform.

The Pelicans are a strange trade partner. Anthony Davis is the only blue chip player on the roster, but there is no way New Orleans is giving up their superstar in a deal. There are other assets that Sacramento might be interested in.

According to sources, the Kings attempted to move up in the 2016 NBA Draft to select shooting guard Buddy Hield, and point guard Jrue Holiday has admirers in the organization. The Pelicans also own all of their first-round draft picks moving forward.

Any team trading for Cousins would likely want assurances from the center/forward that he intends to sign an extension during the summer. But they would be limited to a four-year deal, not the “designated player” five-year extension Cousins has been looking to sign in Sacramento.

Cousins is having his best season in Sacramento, averaging 27.8 points, 10.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists under Dave Joerger.

An Anthony Davis + DeMarcus Cousins front line would be beastly.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2017, 08:26:34 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

1. Young;

2. Not a rental;

3. Dominant scorer;

4. Excellent rebounder;

5. Talented passer;

7. Floor spacer;

10. Warriors kryptonite (they literally have nobody to guard him)

11. Excellent at getting to the line

The Warriors (and the Cavs for that matter, too) simply have no player that can defend him, and he's so good passing out of double-teams that you literally can't do that to him either, especially if he's passing to the likes of IT, Horford, Crowder, and Bradley rather than that rag-tag bunch in Sacramento.

He's about every single thing we need right now in Boston.
-1. Him and Horford are likely both defensive liabilities at the 4.

To be clear, I love Cousins and think if he is available, then we have no choice but to go all in.

Just think the on-court negatives(we all know the off-court ones) should be listed too.

Boogie has played 40% of his time at PF this year, and PFs have actually performed worse than centers against him. His overall defense has been very good.
Thats both surprising and impressive.

Out of curiosity, where did you find those numbers?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2017, 08:30:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Have to imagine the Pels are a smokescreen. You almost never hear this much about a team and it ACTUALLY happen, which is why I actually have some hope that Boston could land Boogie and has actual interest in him.

Even if Boston isn't involved, there are several other teams that can give much more than the Pels that Cousins would be interested in. I just don't see the Pels as a real source. They seem to be the team being used to drive up his price if anything.

But I agree, that would be a potentially devastating pairing.

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Cousins gets traded elsewhere, I can only come to the conclusion that the coaching staff and front office determined Cousins:

1. Wouldn't be a good fit here from a locker room stand point.
2. Would be difficult to coach and manage as an employee.
3. Takes too many plays off and sabotages his team's chances to win too often for their liking.

And if that is what Ainge and Stevens decided...I am okay with that.

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2017, 08:34:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Interesting tidbit to consider - this now actually creates a significant market for the Brooklyn pick. With both Chicago and Sacramento (let alone potentially Indiana) being on the fence about trading their stars, the fact that this might be the only chance to get the number one asset on the market (the 2017 Brooklyn pick) might actually finally force them to trade their guys in order to have a chance at getting the asset.

Great point. The Cs have the asset that these teams most want: a high draft pick. The fact that two of these teams are now jockeying for the pick sort of flips the tables a little bit. I like it.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I'm not convinced that Danny wants Cousins.  He has said some things in the past that I took as distaste or criticism.  That said, Danny's comments to the media aren't necessarily worth much, haha.

Cousins would be one of the only realistic players for whom I'd be willing to flip our '17 BKN pick, though.  He fixes our biggest weaknesses, and he's a direct threat to the best teams in the NBA - neither Cleveland nor GS has an answer for him.  I believe he makes us a true contender, as opposed to the 'respectable playoff fodder' that I think we are currently. 

Does NO have any single asset that would be a more attractive trade centerpiece than our '17 BKN pick?  They aren't moving Davis, and with the exception of Jrue Holiday, the rest of their roster is slaw.  So if the Kings are seriously discussing a Cousins deal with the Pelicans, I have to think that Boston could outbid them without even having to sell the farm.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:39:43 PM by Atzar »

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2017, 08:36:18 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Have to imagine the Pels are a smokescreen. You almost never hear this much about a team and it ACTUALLY happen, which is why I actually have some hope that Boston could land Boogie and has actual interest in him.

Even if Boston isn't involved, there are several other teams that can give much more than the Pels that Cousins would be interested in. I just don't see the Pels as a real source. They seem to be the team being used to drive up his price if anything.

But I agree, that would be a potentially devastating pairing.

I just think if the C's had any interest, there would be some nugget buried in an article somewhere like with PG and Melo. Heck, we were linked to Horford and IT well before we acquired them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If Cousins gets traded elsewhere, I can only come to the conclusion that the coaching staff and front office determined Cousins:

1. Wouldn't be a good fit here from a locker room stand point.
2. Would be difficult to coach and manage as an employee.
3. Takes too many plays off and sabotages his team's chances to win too often for their liking.

And if that is what Ainge and Stevens decided...I am okay with that.

Well, I wouldn't count out
4. Price was too high.

If there's a team that would trade 3 lottery picks for 2 ageing All Stars the way Brooklyn did for KG and PP, then I wouldn't put it past some team offering up a bonanza for Cousins. For example, while I wouldn't see them doing it, Knicks could do Porzingis, Melo, two first rounders, and that would trump whatever Boston could/would offer...
Celtics fan for life.