Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 45925 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 06:54:02 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
One thing we have learned from trade deadlines in the past few years is, that once trade offers hit the rumor mill that the public sees, they are old and likely already dead or waaaayyy past that point in the negotiations. Since we are hearing this now, the Celtics are likely well into talks with the Kings on Cousins.

Or want nothing to do with him whatsoever.
which would just be silly nonsense.  If they are actually considering Hield, this years picks and a future pick from New Orleans, they are basically giving him away.  You can top that easily if you are Boston, and Cousins is the one guy available that could actually make Boston a threat to the top tier teams.

From our very own front page:

ESPN’s Zach Lowe had the following to say about the situation (as transcribed by Jay King):

"I don't think Brad Stevens wants to touch DeMarcus Cousins with a 10-foot pole. And that carries a lot of weight there. Not only that, they just signed a center. And they think Al Horford is a center, and will play more center as pieces come and go in Boston. And so I don't know what that does to Boston's hunger to acquire a superstar big man who is going to be a locker room question mark."

After some talk about Isaiah Thomas' relationship with Cousins, a former teammate, Lowe concluded: "Right now I would lean Danny Ainge is a maybe, the Celtics overall are a no."
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2017, 06:54:06 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Id give up both Nets picks without blinking.

Oh, me too.  And I'd give up Brown and another first too if it meant keeping all the key contributors next season.  We'll have fist fights with DC and Cleveland in the playoffs.  It would be freaking sick.

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'd give my left nut as part of the deal if it means we get cousins.  C'mon Danny!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 06:57:05 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
One thing we have learned from trade deadlines in the past few years is, that once trade offers hit the rumor mill that the public sees, they are old and likely already dead or waaaayyy past that point in the negotiations. Since we are hearing this now, the Celtics are likely well into talks with the Kings on Cousins.

which would just be silly nonsense.  If they are actually considering Hield, this years picks and a future pick from New Orleans, they are basically giving him away.  You can top that easily if you are Boston, and Cousins is the one guy available that could actually make Boston a threat to the top tier teams.

ESPN’s Zach Lowe had the following to say about the situation (as transcribed by Jay King):

"I don't think Brad Stevens wants to touch DeMarcus Cousins with a 10-foot pole. And that carries a lot of weight there. Not only that, they just signed a center. And they think Al Horford is a center, and will play more center as pieces come and go in Boston. And so I don't know what that does to Boston's hunger to acquire a superstar big man who is going to be a locker room question mark."

After some talk about Isaiah Thomas' relationship with Cousins, a former teammate, Lowe concluded: "Right now I would lean Danny Ainge is a maybe, the Celtics overall are a no."
the stuff on him being a center like Al is legitimate and the only on-court concern I could imagine.

That said, this is all speculation. It seems to me Lowe is guessing based on his knowledge of Brad and Demarcus. Now thats not an insignificant thing, but it far from a conversation ender.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2017, 06:59:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Danny is crazy if he doesn't go all-in on this. He literally checks all of our boxes:

1. Young;

2. Not a rental;

3. Dominant scorer;

4. Excellent rebounder;

5. Talented passer;

6. Very good defender (steals, blocks, charges taken);

7. Floor spacer;

8. Good relationship with IT;

9. Performs in the clutch

10. Warriors kryptonite (they literally have nobody to guard him)

11. Excellent at getting to the line

The Warriors (and the Cavs for that matter, too) simply have no player that can defend him, and he's so good passing out of double-teams that you literally can't do that to him either, especially if he's passing to the likes of IT, Horford, Crowder, and Bradley rather than that rag-tag bunch in Sacramento.

He's about every single thing we need right now in Boston.

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Suddenly Stevens have this much pull?  Didn't Danny say no to Melo even though Stevens would've liked to have Melo?

Isaiah has been recruiting Cousins for over a year now.  If IT sings Cousins praise and Stevens (likely) value IT's opinion, why would Stevens not want Cousins?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2017, 07:02:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Danny is crazy if he doesn't go all-in on this. He literally checks all of our boxes:

1. Young;

2. Not a rental;

3. Dominant scorer;

4. Excellent rebounder;

5. Talented passer;

7. Floor spacer;

The Warriors (and the Cavs for that matter, too) simply have no player that can defend him, and he's so good passing out of double-teams that you literally can't do that to him either, especially if he's passing to the likes of IT, Horford, Crowder, and Bradley rather than that rag-tag bunch in Sacramento.

-1. Him and Horford are likely both defensive liabilities at the 4.

To be clear, I love Cousins and think if he is available, then we have no choice but to go all in.

Just think the on-court negatives(we all know the off-court ones) should be listed too.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2017, 07:04:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833461461544468480?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

They aren't dealing him guys...  :(

Even Woj has changed tunes...

There's the obligatory contradictory report after the initial rumors.Trade talks must be progressing very well.

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2017, 07:05:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Suddenly Stevens has this much pull?  Didn't Danny say no to Melo even though Stevens would like to have Melo?

Isaiah has been recruiting Cousins for over a year now.  If IT sings Cousins praise and Stevens (likely) value IT's opinion, why would Stevens not want Cousins?
the bolded proves nothing.

I find it unlikely that the Ainge goes in on a big move without both him and brad being in favor.

Its entirely possible Brad said no to Cousins and said he wants Melo. Ainge took this and crossed Cousins off his list, but decided that he didnt want Melo. Thus neither deal was done.

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

1. Young;

2. Not a rental;

3. Dominant scorer;

4. Excellent rebounder;

5. Talented passer;

7. Floor spacer;

-1. Him and Horford are likely both defensive liabilities at the 4.

To be clear, I love Cousins and think if he is available, then we have no choice but to go all in.

Just think the on-court negatives(we all know the off-court ones) should be listed too.

Very true. And I've been a vocal opponent of Horford playing the 4 defensively.

However, I think the Boogie upgrade is enough to overlook that issue.

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Suddenly Stevens has this much pull?  Didn't Danny say no to Melo even though Stevens would like to have Melo?

the bolded proves nothing.

I find it unlikely that the Ainge goes in on a big move without both him and brad being in favor.

Its entirely possible Brad said no to Cousins and said he wants Melo. Ainge took this and crossed Cousins off his list, but decided that he didnt want Melo. Thus neither deal was done.

At that point, I would consider firing Stevens if I were Ainge. You dont pass on a talent like Cousins.

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'd give my left nut as part of the deal if it means we get cousins.  C'mon Danny!

I've had 4 kids....don't plan on having any more......oh what the heck...me too!

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2017, 07:12:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I've had 4 kids....don't plan on having any more......oh what the heck...me too!

Appreciate both of you as fellow human beings, but I'd hand over all 4 of your nuts for Boogie.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833461461544468480?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

They aren't dealing him guys...  :(

Even Woj has changed tunes...

Apparently that meeting happened a while ago, though.

https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/833462124970012672

This is 100% true. That meeting happened a while ago

Sounds like there's a lot of disagreement in the ownership about whether Cousins is really worth $200+ million.

https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/833459456822300672

Important to understand: much like the fanbase, ownership isn't 100% united on an extension. 200 mil is a lot of $. Of course Vlade listens.

Vlade has been "assured" he has full control of the Cousins trade situation, but CD is saying it'll pretty much take a Godfather offer for Vlade to move him.