Author Topic: The Celtics have reportedly expressed "deep interest" in P.J. Tucker.  (Read 9983 times)

Re: The Celtics have reportedly expressed "deep interest" in P.J. Tucker.
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 09:05:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Tucker will be here for depth. He's an expiring contract and it wouldn't cost him anything other than 2nd rounders. I don't know why people here are panicking in a possible logjam. Jaylen can play the 2 and Crowder can play the floor. You can put Tucker/Brown/Crowder together in the same floor without much setbacks.

We don't have defensive depth and Tucker provides that. He can also space the floor and have a very physical style of play.
hmmm. from what i read here, he seems to be this year's posey. if so, then ainge wants to at least make some noise in the playoffs.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Let's not forget it shouldn't be a 12 man rotation come playoff time.
Does Tucker become a Top 8 or 9 player on this Team that doesn't play Defense? I say yes

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 09:39:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
A 6-6 guy at PF? Yeah, that'll help with the rebounding.

I don't see much point in trading for Tucker. He doesn't address the team's biggest weaknesses.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If there is deep interest, that must mean there is an other deal some wheres to open up a spot.

Interesting.....

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If there is deep interest, that must mean there is an other deal some wheres to open up a spot.

Interesting.....

No, it just means they're tired of playing James Young and Gerald Green a combined 20 minutes a game.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Interesting.....

Why?  We could simply trade Zeller for PJ.  They are under the cap and can take on more salary.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6835239

Smitty77

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Interesting.....

No, it just means they're tired of playing James Young and Gerald Green a combined 20 minutes a game.

When AB and Brown are healthy you wont have to play those guys 20 minutes. So either AB and or Brown is going to take longer to get healthy, or they're moving some wing players for a big.

You'd think DA would be targeting a cheap big for the playoffs. Thats why I'm thinking some thing else in the works, maybe nothing big, but something for the playoffs and helping with rebounding.

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Interesting.....

Why?  We could simply trade Zeller for PJ.  They are under the cap and can take on more salary.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6835239

Smitty77

True, but we're thin on bigs, why move a big that can take up minutes in case of foul issue or injuries for an other wing? I'm not saying BIG move, just seems like a weird move that doesn't solve anything that we have issues with, and don't move the needle for a  playoff run.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This is just me, absolutely me, but the PJ Tucker interest screams Jimmy Butler/Paul George trade to me.

Danny might have to involve Jae Crowder in that trade, so he's looking for a guy who can play defense in that position to back up Butler/George.

Again, this is just me, if we're going full blown tin foil conspiracy theory, that is mine. That's the only way I could explain to myself our interest in PJ Tucker.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 10:06:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Interesting.....

When AB and Brown are healthy you wont have to play those guys 20 minutes. So either AB and or Brown is going to take longer to get healthy, or they're moving some wing players for a big.

You'd think DA would be targeting a cheap big for the playoffs. Thats why I'm thinking some thing else in the works, maybe nothing big, but something for the playoffs and helping with rebounding.
or its a depth move, so that if Crowder or Bradley goes down we dont have to look to Green/Young
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 10:07:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is just me, absolutely me, but the PJ Tucker interest screams Jimmy Butler/Paul George trade to me.

Danny might have to involve Jae Crowder in that trade, so he's looking for a guy who can play defense in that position to back up Butler/George.

Again, this is just me, if we're going full blown tin foil conspiracy theory, that is mine. That's the only way I could explain to myself our interest in PJ Tucker.
I suppose. If you have something like Brown and Crowder going out in exchange for Butler you all of a sudden have a major major need for wing depth.

Like you said, its a stretch, but its not entirely out of the question.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

I suppose. If you have something like Brown and Crowder going out in exchange for Butler you all of a sudden have a major major need for wing depth.

I don't think it's a stretch. Why else would Ainge be interested in a fringe rotation guy at a position where there is already terrific depth?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I don't think it's a stretch. Why else would Ainge be interested in a fringe rotation guy at a position where there is already terrific depth?

We've been playing Gerald Green and James Young over 20 minutes combined recently.  Our depth has clearly been tested this season, and there's no reason not to improve it for a second rounder or two.

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 09:38:34 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

We've been playing Gerald Green and James Young over 20 minutes combined recently.  Our depth has clearly been tested this season, and there's no reason not to improve it for a second rounder or two.
You left out that the reason Green and Young have been playing is because Bradley and Brown have been hurt. And are you certain that PJ Tucker is a lot better than Gerald Green? Heck, Young has been shooting pretty well in his minutes these last couple of games. Tucker is 31 years old, averaging single digits on the worst team in the Western conference. I just don't get his appeal.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 10:40:20 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

You left out that the reason Green and Young have been playing is because Bradley and Brown have been hurt. And are you certain that PJ Tucker is a lot better than Gerald Green? Heck, Young has been shooting pretty well in his minutes these last couple of games. Tucker is 31 years old, averaging single digits on the worst team in the Western conference. I just don't get his appeal.

I left out nothing.  Our depth has been tested, as I said.  We've had injuries all season long, and if you think about it, it's an extension of our injuries in the second half of last season and the playoffs as well.  Tucker is a significantly better player than Young and Green right now.   He's an expiring, and if he costs a second or two, so be it.  I wouldn't give up a first, even the Clippers pick, but he makes us a better team.