Author Topic: The Celtics have reportedly expressed "deep interest" in P.J. Tucker.  (Read 9980 times)

Re: The Celtics have reportedly expressed "deep interest" in P.J. Tucker.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
again rental...ainge already said no band-aid rentals? why do people keep bringing rumors that will not happen? they just trying to get into the news?

this is not going to happen..moving on...

You seem to be quite the insider here the past few days lol.  You hangin out with Austin? Will be an interesting coming week and I can't WAIT to see how many CB "insiders" were correct  :P :P

lol..we just don't need him...and why waist anything on him? i don't care if it's only a 2nd round pick? we don't need him..sent that 2nd to some other team we might trade with? some trades are just silly to me.

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 04:12:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He's better than Green, Rozier, and Brown right now I guess.  Would rather just let those young guys play for the experience though.

Green isn't so young, first of all.  Secondly, we've already experienced a ton of injuries.  Depth is helpful.  We don't want our great season ruined by injuries in and right the playoffs like last year.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Tucker could he a great addition. I'm not sure where he would fit in the rotation. Maybe he could get Jerebko and/or Rozier's minutes but I'm not sure if that is enough.

He seems to make more sense if we are moving multiple pieces for a star. I could see him being a great fit if we moved Crowder and Bradley (for example) in a deal for Butler or George.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 04:22:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

7 points 6 boards in 28.5 mpg. He'd be lucky to get 18 mpg on this team. So 5 ppg and 4 RPG.

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

7 points 6 boards in 28.5 mpg. He'd be lucky to get 18 mpg on this team. So 5 ppg and 4 RPG.

Who cares? You trade for a guy like Tucker for a) depth, and b) defensive possessions against LeBron in the playoffs, plus a corner 3 or two...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I assume Tucker would be playing the 4 a lot?  Or maybe it frees up flexibility to trade one of our rotation wings.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We need to remember that PJ is LISTED as a SF and likely plays minutes there, but he can play limited minutes at PF too.  He is listed as 6'6" and 245lbs, but I bet he weight 250+.  Have you seen him play lately?  He is a BIG man!!!

PJ is the 21st SF in the NBA in WINS on ESPN's real plus/minus. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS/position/5

He is 27th at SF in overall RPM.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/5

He is 27th at SF in defensive RPM.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/5

Remember that there are 30 STARTING small forwards in the NBA!!

And he is expiring.

Smitty77

P.S. I am TRYING to talk myself into this:-)))

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I assume Tucker would be playing the 4 a lot?  Or maybe it frees up flexibility to trade one of our rotation wings.

Sorry Roy, I think I was typing mine while you posted this.  Agree that he would play PF perhaps more for us.

Smitty77

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 04:57:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We need to remember that PJ is LISTED as a SF and likely plays minutes there, but he can play limited minutes at PF too.  He is listed as 6'6" and 245lbs, but I bet he weight 250+.  Have you seen him play lately?  He is a BIG man!!!

And he is expiring.

Smitty77

He seems like a decent rebounder. He had 16 rebounds the other day. He defends pretty well and is a credible three point shooter.

Wouldnt mind adding him on the VERY cheap to play PF and add wing depth in front of Young and Green.

All that said, RPM is a sketchy stat so Id try to avoid basing an argument off of it in the future.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 05:18:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Man... a line up of Smart, Brown or Bradley, Crowder, Tucker and Olynyk is a pretty nasty defensive unit to kick off your average 4th Q.

Smart and Tucker together, in particular, represent a pretty special Junk Yard Dog pairing...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 05:27:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Exactly. It could free us up to trade Crowder in a Butler deal, and still have Tucker playing that role off the bench.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Exactly. It could free us up to trade Crowder in a Butler deal, and still have Tucker playing that role off the bench.

It doesn't sound like Bulls & Celts are on the same page.  It would make sense, though.  I like Tucker a lot and he'd fit in well defensively, but he's not a spring chicken and is an UFA at the end of the season.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 06:18:40 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Tucker will be here for depth. He's an expiring contract and it wouldn't cost him anything other than 2nd rounders. I don't know why people here are panicking in a possible logjam. Jaylen can play the 2 and Crowder can play the floor. You can put Tucker/Brown/Crowder together in the same floor without much setbacks.

We don't have defensive depth and Tucker provides that. He can also space the floor and have a very physical style of play.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

And he is expiring.

Smitty77

I'm with you Smitty, remember a few years back saw a post on another site titled "Is PJ tucker made of lead?" at the time was listed at 6'5 260. Thought that was an all time great title and really intrigued me about Tucker.

I see Tucker as Crowder insurance. We still have a long season left folks and Jae is not immune to nasty injuries down the stretch. Don't think Danny has any interest in going into another post season relying on Crowder to remain 100% healthy. Tucker is the ideal kind of guy to carve a nice bench role and be able to fill in to some spot starts to give Crowder some night's off down the stretch.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 08:59:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
What this thread is a reminder of, is the fact that we will see lots of trade rumors over the next few days.
Celtics fan for life.