Author Topic: Celtics-Bucks Trade  (Read 1686 times)

Celtics-Bucks Trade
« on: February 19, 2017, 02:23:13 PM »

Offline Binbin7397

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Avery Bradley Tyler Zeller Jordan Mickey and Demetrius Jackson for Greg Monroe and Thon Maker.

Celtics get a big who can help with the rebounding issue this year in Monroe and a potential perfect fit at big on a Brad Stevens team in Thon Maker.

Bucks get Bradley who they can start at PG thanks to the Greek Freak and is a good fit for them going forward with Gianiss,Middleton and hopefully Parker. Would potential add the T-wolves second and or a future Celtics first if need be.

Re: Celtics-Bucks Trade
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:31:38 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Several things:

1) I like the deal but Milwaukee want more than that
2) Avery is not a PG.
3) need to add the word 'idea' at the end of your subject header. People get edgy around the deadline.
4) can we have Gianni's instead?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Thon is still too much of a wild card to me and looks like he's at least 2 years away from even being a rotation player on any team. Monroe is pretty far down the list of bigs I'd want to bring in.

The Celtics are in contention right now. Giving up one of their best player because maybe Maker will eventually be good doesn't appeal to me.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Interesting idea.  I think Bradley would be a fantastic fit on that team and they'd be very interested.  He could definitely slot in as PG defensively, while Giannis runs PG on offense.

Not sure how I feel about Monroe.  Haven't seen him play much lately, but all the analytics I read about him concern me.  Thon Maker would definitely be a fair value gamble IMO.  To pull the trigger it all just depends on if you're the gambling type or not.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Thon is still too much of a wild card to me and looks like he's at least 2 years away from even being a rotation player on any team. Monroe is pretty far down the list of bigs I'd want to bring in.

The Celtics are in contention right now. Giving up one of their best player because maybe Maker will eventually be good doesn't appeal to me.

I've said this in other threads, but if the plan is to probably not re-sign Bradley because we are spending too much on IT and Smart, then getting a young player with potential is about the best we can do.

This is of course assuming we are able to lure Hayward or Griffin this summer (humongous assumption, obviously) . The benefit in such a deal for Maker (or WCS/Saric, etc) is that it gives us the ability to keep KO and sign Hayward - something we couldn't otherwise do if keeping AB.

Now if we don't sign anybody of consequence this off-season, then I see no reason not to keep all of IT, Bradley, and Smart - but I don't think Ainge worked so hard at getting max cap space for nothing.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I see no way that Milwaukee gives up its 2016 #10 pick in Thon Maker just 2/3 of the way through his first season on the team. Maker especially wouldn't be included as a throw in to a larger trade of Monroe.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:33:22 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Monroe been beasting last weeks by the way...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 03:29:57 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I've said this in other threads, but if the plan is to probably not re-sign Bradley because we are spending too much on IT and Smart, then getting a young player with potential is about the best we can do.

This is of course assuming we are able to lure Hayward or Griffin this summer (humongous assumption, obviously) . The benefit in such a deal for Maker (or WCS/Saric, etc) is that it gives us the ability to keep KO and sign Hayward - something we couldn't otherwise do if keeping AB.

Now if we don't sign anybody of consequence this off-season, then I see no reason not to keep all of IT, Bradley, and Smart - but I don't think Ainge worked so hard at getting max cap space for nothing.
That makes sense but Bradley has another year left on his deal after this year, so there's no rush, especially if the C's can make a run in the playoffs this season with him. If Maker were a more solid prospect, maybe, but he's still too much of a gamble for me to give up something of real value, like Bradley. Especially with how great of a Celtic he's been these last few years.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Not interested in Maker but I wouldn't mind taking Monroe off their hands if they just want to unload him.  He seems like quite a competitor.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:56:49 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I've been on the Moose train for a long time. Young, durable, runs the floor better than most would think and is a willing passer who is a strong rebounder and a constant threat down low, and I'd be thrilled to get him.

Sadly,  Danny and Brad don't think the same way. He wasn't even given a sit-down when he hit FA. Moose does not fit Brad's idea of a center. Spreading the floor is far more important to Brad than rebounds, he thinks the bounds will come from the guards.

This from DA yesterday in Bulpett's article:

In addition, on the subject of big people, Ainge has said he doesn’t want anyone who would hinder the Celts from playing their preferred offense in which the floor is spread. He’s also acknowledged the critical need for better defensive rebounding, so if he’s trying to satisfy both desires, maybe the president of basketball operations is doing a little unicorn-hunting here

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/celtics_insider/2017/02/bulpett_danny_ainge_willing_but_patient_as_trade_deadline

Aside from Moose not being their kind of guy, his contract worries them. Monroe has a player option for next year. Unless he gets seriously injured (and he hasn't in his 6+ years in the league), I strongly doubt that he exercises it. Don't think the Cs want to take that chance. This also from the Bulpett article:

One very large key in the Celtics' thinking is the free-agent market. It has become clear from sources the club doesn’t want to make any move that could take away its chances to do business in the summer when all it could cost for a marquee player is cap space.