Poll

Love or Butler for Bradley, Zeller, Nets 17

Love
5 (45.5%)
Butler
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Love or Butler?  (Read 1268 times)

Love or Butler?
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:04:14 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
For a package of Bradley, Zeller, Nets 17 pick who would you prefer?

I think Butler is the consensus better player but I also think Love is the ideal big man to play alongside Al and IT. Both locked in for 4 years, Love on $3.6m more a year.

I was thinking of a (all be it crazy and unlikely) trade where Butler and JJ go to Cleveland, Love comes our way and Bradley, Zeller and Nets 17 go to Chicago. I'd say we might want a 2nd player returning for depth perhaps but a good framework.

Re: Love or Butler?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 03:32:53 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
For that package between Love and Butler, Butler no questions.

Love's value should be depreciating because he's hammered by injuries lately and his defense isn't as stellar.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:42:13 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Gotta go with Butler here. Better defender, better creator, better scorer, and way more versatile. If we give up Bradley, I can see us ending games with IT, Smart, Butler, Crowder and Horford. I think that lineup matches well with GSW. We just gotta survive the boards against Cleveland.
- LilRip

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:58:39 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Gotta go with Butler here. Better defender, better creator, better scorer, and way more versatile. If we give up Bradley, I can see us ending games with IT, Smart, Butler, Crowder and Horford. I think that lineup matches well with GSW. We just gotta survive the boards against Cleveland.

Agreed. TP.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 05:30:36 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Love ain't helping this yr. Cavs can try to bring him back to their own detriment...I believe we can get that 1st seed or even if we can't, im sure Lebron will try as hard to keep the 1st seed he will breakdown trying...Cavs are gonna be very vulnerable this yr and my belief is they won't repeat...too banged up. They're like the 87 Celtics...kept the top seed but was too banged up to defend it against the stronger Fakers.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Have to say I'd rather have Love of the two. He'd be so effective on this team, in a way I don't think Butler would. I go back to the well travelled argument that if given a bigger role his numbers would go up. He'd be the legitimate number 2 option that IT needs and would allow Horford to focus on what he does best. He'd also be a true option down low, I think he'd spend far less time camped out on the 3 point line as a Celtic.

As an aside, I think the Nets pick, even if it's number 1, is going to be worth a lot more before the pick is made. The hype this draft is getting is huge and from what I'm hearing so far it is not looking like it will live up to the hype. There's no KAT in this draft, no matter how excited people get over Fultz or Ball