Author Topic: Latest: Woj thinks Butler could wind up in Boston before deadline  (Read 29224 times)

Re: Latest: Woj thinks Butler could wind up in Boston before deadline
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2017, 04:55:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Butler is a stat stuffer that would not garner significant improvement. Giving up multiple guys 8 years younger who project to be just as good if not better -- Brown, plus Jackson or some other 2017 pick -- is impulsive, impatient and moronic. Let's stay the course developing the way we are. Sure, make a trade if you can steal something like Isaiah, but not these current Butler proposals. Not a single one I like.

Most I'd give up would be Crowder, Avery and non Brooklyn picks. The Bulls would laugh that off even though it would probably improve them.

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2017, 05:00:01 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Win now...while AL and IT are in their prime.....   Well we are wining.   And this pick will help us win for years to come.   Just like our current young players will.   

This 2017 pick could be our next Gordon Hayward in 3/4 years.   IT and AL will still be balling....

In 2003–04, 30-year-old rookie (not a typo) Ben Handlogten and 28-year-old forward Keon Clark played a combined total of 19 games for the Utah Jazz. The Phoenix Suns had 34-year-old Tom Gugliotta, who averaged just 2.3 points in 10.1 minutes per game. So the two teams made a pretty boring trade, with a couple of draft picks going along to the Jazz along with the aging Gugliotta.

Phoenix waived Handlogten and re-signed with Utah, while Clark never played another game in the NBA. Gugliotta finished out his contract with the Jazz and moved on, while Utah used one of those draft picks on forward Gordon Hayward, who is averaging a career-best 22.2 points per game for Utah this season.
Diggles

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
David Aldridge said on NBATV right now that the asking price is Crowder and the Brooklyn pick, which Danny is so far unwilling to give up Crowder, for good reason with his contract.

I can't imagine that they wouldn't end up settling on Bradley or Brown and the Brooklyn pick and filler instead of Crowder, such as Rozier and/or the Memphis pick. Got to think that Bradley, Zeller, Rozier, the Brooklyn pick and the Memphis pick could get it done.

I'm actually surprised they'd be more interested in Crowder than Brown anyways.

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2017, 05:45:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
David Aldridge said on NBATV right now that the asking price is Crowder and the Brooklyn pick, which Danny is so far unwilling to give up Crowder, for good reason with his contract.

I can't imagine that they wouldn't end up settling on Bradley or Brown and the Brooklyn pick and filler instead of Crowder, such as Rozier and/or the Memphis pick. Got to think that Bradley, Zeller, Rozier, the Brooklyn pick and the Memphis pick could get it done.

Didn't the other reports say it is the 2017 Nets pick that Ainge isn't willing to give up? That's a whole different issue than Crowder.

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6

i'd do that crowder trade anytime...and if that is what bulls are asking ainge will do that deal also.

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

If all it takes is Crowder and the Nets pick I think we should do it.  I'd much prefer to deal Bradley, Zeller and the Nets pick than Crowder, the Nets pick and filler.

I think Brown has more value than Crowder so I doubt the C's would do that either.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2017, 05:55:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833446981074821120

Yes, he would make us legit contenders

Box sends: Amir, Bradley, Brown, Nets 17

IT.          Rosier
Smart.   Green
Crowder    Tucker?
Horford      Jerebko
Cousins     KO

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

i'd do that crowder trade anytime...and if that is what bulls are asking ainge will do that deal also.

Yeah, I'd do Crowder or Bradley or Brown and a nets pick. Crowder has the better contract than Bradley, but he's a 3 like Butler would be. Less of a logjam. Brown is still raw--don't know if they would want him.

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Only way I am willing to trade both Brooklyn picks is if it's going to New Orleans for Anthony Davis lol

I don't know how they see Cousins, but both Nets picks would blow everybody out of the water for him. They might be able to salvage their regulars with that kind of deal. Cousins on the Celtics would scare everybody.

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2017, 10:35:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm with Danny here. No deal.

I'd try with 2017 BKN Pick + Bradley + filler and future non BKN Picks at best.

And I say that with the belief that Smart and IT get extended (so AB "odd man out")
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2017, 11:07:26 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Please let's stop with a trade of Bradley, BKN pick (and much more in some proposals) as a deadline deal. I like (don't love) Butler, but why the heck would we make a deal for him now before at least trying to go after Hayward or Griffin? Each of whom I consider easily as good as Butler.

If we were talking Davis/Durant/Kawhi - you know somebody who could make a real difference this year - then sure, but we actually have max cap space this offseason, let's try to use it before getting f'd by Chicago. A deal for Butler needs to wait until the summer.

TP. Totally agree and to add like some other posters said, he (Butler) does not push the needle in my opinion to championship status and the cost to acquire him via trade is too steep for only a marginal return by going one round deeper in the playoffs. Unless the player acquired puts the Celtics in championship talks, I am hestitant to trade the BKN picks AND some of the core players for a player that is not does not put you over the top.

Does any one have a rational basis for these claims that Butler doesn't "push the needle"?  By every advanced stat (win shares, win shares/48, BPM, RPM) Butler has been a top 10 player, as effective as Cousins and far better than George.  Where does this come from?

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2017, 11:10:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833446981074821120

Yes, he would make us legit contenders

Box sends: Amir, Bradley, Brown, Nets 17

IT.          Rosier
Smart.   Green
Crowder    Tucker?
Horford      Jerebko
Cousins     KO

That's a terrible proposal. What an overpay. Would be worse this year, and kill our future.

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2017, 11:14:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Please let's stop with a trade of Bradley, BKN pick (and much more in some proposals) as a deadline deal. I like (don't love) Butler, but why the heck would we make a deal for him now before at least trying to go after Hayward or Griffin? Each of whom I consider easily as good as Butler.

If we were talking Davis/Durant/Kawhi - you know somebody who could make a real difference this year - then sure, but we actually have max cap space this offseason, let's try to use it before getting f'd by Chicago. A deal for Butler needs to wait until the summer.

TP. Totally agree and to add like some other posters said, he (Butler) does not push the needle in my opinion to championship status and the cost to acquire him via trade is too steep for only a marginal return by going one round deeper in the playoffs. Unless the player acquired puts the Celtics in championship talks, I am hestitant to trade the BKN picks AND some of the core players for a player that is not does not put you over the top.

Does any one have a rational basis for these claims that Butler doesn't "push the needle"?  By every advanced stat (win shares, win shares/48, BPM, RPM) Butler has been a top 10 player, as effective as Cousins and far better than George.  Where does this come from?

He doesn't address our weaknesses. Metrics don't deal with chemistry. At least when we got KG and Ray, it made sense from a fit POV. Butler would not be a significant upgrade. His stats this year are inflated because his team is mediocre and they have no other scorers. Not dissimilar to Okafor's rookie stats.

Patience.

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2017, 11:18:04 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
so glad this is almost over! I hate this time of the season!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)