Author Topic: Latest: Woj thinks Butler could wind up in Boston before deadline  (Read 29068 times)

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
https://sports.yahoo.com/video/woj-report-nba-trade-deadline-025519235.html

Woj seems to think Butler could wind up in Boston this week, provided Bulls mgt can reach a consensus. He thinks it's a perfect match of needs.

Doesn't see Melo going anywhere.

Re: Latest: Woj thinks Butler could wind up in Boston before deadline
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:55:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
NO. STOP. Patience Danny!

Try again in the summer, but now???

Their asking price is something like 2017 Brooklyn Pick, Zeller (salary), then 3 of the following: Smart, Brown, Crowder, 2018 Nets Pick, Bradley

That's A LOT.

If their price was, on Draft Day last June (as KC Johnson - Reliable Bulls Reporter - reported) Smart, Crowder, 2016 and 2017 BKN picks + salary + another asset, it's probably still somewhat expensive.

I'm interested in seeing how it goes with Paul George. He might want out now too.

But if Chicago deal Butler it's because they've officially hit the reset button but it doesn't seem like they want to (they are a 7 seed in the East). Plus Butler appeared on First Take and from the interviews he seemed confident he was staying in Chicago.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:57:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
NO. STOP.

Their asking price is something like 2017 Brooklyn Pick, Zeller (salary), then 3 of the following: Smart, Brown, Crowder, 2018 Nets Pick, Bradley

That's A LOT.

If their price was, on Draft Day last June (as KC Johnson - Reliable Bulls Reporter) Smart, Crowder, 2016 and 2017 BKN picks + salary + another asset, it's probably still somewhat expensive.

I'm interested in seeing how it goes with Paul George. He might want out now too.

I don't know how to tell you this, but teams almost never get the asking price they release to reporters.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:01:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
NO. STOP.

That's A LOT.

If their price was, on Draft Day last June (as KC Johnson - Reliable Bulls Reporter) Smart, Crowder, 2016 and 2017 BKN picks + salary + another asset, it's probably still somewhat expensive.

I don't know how to tell you this, but teams almost never get the asking price they release to reporters.

I'm not saying that it will happen obviously.

But I assume this could end up like the Chris Sale trade in baseball.

Red Sox wanted Sale badly, White Sox had a huge price (no deal).

But in the winter the White Sox hit the reset button and lowered their price, which Boston accepted and got him for.

I imagine the Bulls could do the same but in the summer.

My ideal trade for Butler would be something like 2017 Nets Pick, Bradley, Zeller, Yabusele, 2018 Boston First and 2019 Memphis or LAC First (their choice) for Butler but I doubt they take that.

They most certainly want one of Crowder/Smart/Brown I imagine.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 11:02:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
NO. STOP.

That's A LOT.

But in the winter the White Sox hit the reset button and lowered their price, which Boston accepted and got him for.

My ideal trade for Butler would be something like 2017 Nets Pick, Bradley, Zeller, Yabusele, 2018 Boston First and 2019 Memphis or LAC First (their choice) for Butler but I doubt they take that.

Your ideal Butler trade is more than the Bulls will wind up with, should there be a trade at all.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 11:05:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
NO. STOP.

That's A LOT.

Your ideal Butler trade is more than the Bulls will wind up with, should there be a trade at all.

Maybe.

What would you trade for Butler?

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 11:06:28 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Aren't the Bulls competing for a playoff spot? If they were tanking, I think they might move Butler. They are not tanking. The coach is playing for his career. I don't see Chicago's motivation to trade their most productive player.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 11:08:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Aren't the Bulls competing for a playoff spot? If they were tanking, I think they might move Butler. They are not tanking. The coach is playing for his career. I don't see Chicago's motivation to trade their most productive player.

They say they will only trade Butler for a "godfather package".

Aka they won't deal him at the deadline I imagine.

Maybe the summer?

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 11:08:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
NO. STOP.

That's A LOT.

Maybe.

Stop after Zeller in your proposal.  Even that is very steep.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 11:13:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
NO. STOP.

That's A LOT.

Maybe.

Stop after Zeller in your proposal.  Even that is very steep.

If the Celtics could actually pull that off though I would be dancing through the streets of Boston.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
My impression from Woj is Bulls don't have a management consensus to deal Butler. Maybe they are waiting for ownership approval.

I agree that Bradley, Zeller and nets17 is a reasonable starting point. Wouldn't go much beyond that.

Butler's lack of 3P shooting ability should be a concern. I don't know how much better he is than Bradley, except he can play the 3.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 11:20:14 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6

They say they will only trade Butler for a "godfather package".

Aka they won't deal him at the deadline I imagine.

Maybe the summer?

SO WOJ IS THE BEST INSIDER...AND YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE? he would not bring it up unless he heard something...

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 11:21:11 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I like Butler, and I think he provides a scoring option that we desperately need to go with IT - but to lose what we would lose to get him would put us right where we are anyway. I think the most I would do for Butler is a package like Jaylen, Rozier, 2018 Nets Pick, that Memphis pick, and salary fillers I'd be fine. I'd much rather go for a smaller big move like O'Quinn and try for Gordon Hayward in the summer.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 11:22:35 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
i'd give up crowder and bradley before brown....

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 11:27:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Butler does not move the needle to justify the haul Phantom thinks it will take.,