Author Topic: nader-rollie this one's for you  (Read 2019 times)

nader-rollie this one's for you
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:31:25 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
rollie-they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so enjoy this about your guy nader-youre one of the best posters on here

http://fansided.com/2017/01/26/boston-celtics-nba-draft-dleague-abdel-nader-maine/

its a very lengthy detailed article with good illustrative video analysis but gives good insight into organizational strategy in the NBA with some real behind the scenes insight-this one excerpt doesn't do the article justice

its a good read for everyone but I knew rollie would especially enjoy it

Dave Lewin — Boston’s director of player evaluation and Maine’s general manager of basketball operations — had his eyes of Nader long before his senior season. Lewin told The Step Back, “We were aware of him even when he was at Northern Illinois. It was clear once he got to Iowa State, he had gotten in much better shape. It’s not easy to find versatile guys at 6-foot-6, who can shoot, dribble and attack the rim. We brought him in for two spring workouts and he outplayed many of the first round talents we had there, and we knew we wanted him."

Maneuvering six draft picks in one season is a tricky ordeal, so using Maine as a vessel to develop Nader seemed like the ideal fit for now. Lewin spoke very highly of Maine saying, “We knew that he would fair well in the D-League. The system we have in place is consistent with Boston’s, the coaches work very well with players and we knew this was the best way our franchise could invest in Abdel and get him ready for the NBA.”

The move seems to be paying off so far; through 20 games Nader is one of the top players in the entire NBADL. He’s averaging 22.4 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.8 assists while shooting 48.6 percent from the field and 39.8 percent on 3-pointers. Consistent outside shooting will be key for Nader moving forward as that skill is a driving force for his future success. His college sample size was relatively small so translating the deep ball to the professional level is vital. Abdel’s scoring prowess has been stunning to watch and he’s much more than an outside threat as he’s shooting almost 53 percent on 2-point shots and almost 58 percent in the restricted area.

Mods, feel free to merge with the other nader threads out there.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:54:49 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: nader-rollie, this one's for you
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Nice add. TP.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: nader-rollie this one's for you
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 09:01:36 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Nicely done csfansince60s!!!!  My birthday is Tuesday (will be a YOUNG 52:-))), so my son (a freshman at NC State) and I and some of his fellow students are going to meet in Greensboro on Friday night to watch the Greensboro Swarm host our Maine Red Claws and Nader.  The Swarm recently traded for Cat Barber of NC State fame last year.

Looking forward to seeing Nader (and Cat for that matter) and perhaps Mickey and Jax in person.

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 09:10:08 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Nicely done csfansince60s!!!!  My birthday is Tuesday (will be a YOUNG 52:-))), so my son (a freshman at NC State) and I and some of his fellow students are going to meet in Greensboro on Friday night to watch the Greensboro Swarm host our Maine Red Claws and Nader.  The Swarm recently traded for Cat Barber of NC State fame last year.

Looking forward to seeing Nader (and Cat for that matter) and perhaps Mickey and Jax in person.

Smitty77

Happy Birthday, Smiity 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂and a TP for your birthday!!!

What better way to spend your birthday🎉🎉🎉🎉 than with one of your kids and sharing the Celtic tradition with him.

Want to hear about the game and Nader's performance.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Smitty77

Happy birthday, young man.  Have you gotten a chance to see Dennis Smith Jr. play?  My friend went to a game recently and walked away very impressed.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 09:49:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

Happy birthday, young man.  Have you gotten a chance to see Dennis Smith Jr. play?  My friend went to a game recently and walked away very impressed.

Thanks so much for the kind words!!  I have not be able to see him play in person.  However, my son has seen him play 7 or 8 times.  He said he is "somewhat" impressed, but doesn't think he is ready for the NBA at this juncture.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 04:01:32 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
tp and thanks for compliment-great article

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
nader missed a few  he usually makes last night but showed an wide array of shots while scoring 16points
he is the type of player off the bench that could be sucessfull

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
His turnover rate is the one thing that might hold him back, something like 4 per game.  The rest of his game is looking pretty good.