Author Topic: Trade Value  (Read 967 times)

Trade Value
« on: February 18, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
We are supposed to be trying to build a team to win future NBA championships.If so,we should be determining ,what are roster needs to be from 2020 on. All of these trade ideas for players now  at their top levels at about 28 years old are useless in my humble opinion. Forget Boogie,Butler,Melo,Love etc. The only max players ,i would sell the farm for are Davis or Towns.We wll be forced to pay large or Max salaries in the future. i would draft Fultz ,who may be max player in future.Extend Kelly and Smart.Bring in Zizic . Trade AB for big . (Noel/Vucevic).We go into next year with Noel/Vucevich,Al,Kelly,Zizic,Crowder,BRown,Fultz,Smart,IT,and Terry Rozier.Progress of Fultz ,would determine, how we handle IT in future.He will be looking at max after next year.We can pick and choose from Yubo,Nader,Young ,jackson ETc.Same as to trading, resigning or cutting all of the rest now or later.AJ,JJ,TZ ,all make decent cut money.AB would also be looking for large raise.We  will also have high 2018 pick,maybe draft another future star.

Re: Trade Value
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Most days I also have this long term view.  I would rather have a long sustained run of being in the discussion, being relevant every year like Spurs (I know easier said than done).  I am curious to see how far we will go this year, but I would hate to see Danny trade away the farm for a short term run that would line up with Al Horford and IT's window, and then be in another rebuild/reload era.

Actually we are already in the discussion.  I say keep the Nets picks and let this play itself out over the long term.  Decisions on AB, MS, IT don't have to be made for another 16 months.

Re: Trade Value
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:48:17 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
All our players have value and we have picks that have value. If we trade JJ Amir or Zeller and get something of value that would be cool. I hopeful both our stashes blossom and we get Ball or Fultz. But if we slip to 4th. This draft is deep. I am all in on keeping both Nets picks so we can get a high character guy like Jaylen. Butler and Cousins persona are not Celtics to me. Paul George is the only star I would like. AD is not leaving.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek