Author Topic: Pre-Deadline Original Trade Ideas  (Read 8665 times)

Re: Pre-Deadline Original Trade Ideas
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Bulpett raises the idea of JaMychal Green. I think this is interesting for a couple reasons:

1) He's a rebounding upgrade at the 4 over Amir. Also has turned into an excellent team defender.

2) He's an RFA at season's end -- due for a payday that MEM may not be interested in.

Saltlover (or someone) can you confirm that his cap hold this summer will only be about $1.3mil? If that's the case, the Cs could trade for him and potentially re-sign him to a fair market deal AFTER using our cap space to sign a player like Hayward. 

If so, I can see a few potential deals.

Example: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zsuosup

BOS sends MEM the MIN 2017 2nd Round Pick

Or a 3 Team deal with NOP: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zdkatr2

BOS sends LAC 2017 2nd Round Pick to MEM and CLE 2017 2nd Round Pick to NOP

I'd love a deal for Green, especially if it only took a player like Young or Mickey and a 2nd rounder.  We could use a rebounder like him (he would instantly be the best defensive and overall rebounder on the team), and his ability to hit the three (shooting 36.8% this year) would mean that he could replace Jerebko in the rotation without a significant drop off (and he'd have the opportunity to take more minutes, and maybe starts, from Amir).

Even if we didn't keep him long term, that price is great.

Price may be higher. But I wonder why Bulpett raised his name. Is he just a player he likes, or did he hear a whisper?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Pre-Deadline Original Trade Ideas
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26:18 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Chances are he has a deal in place for Bogut. He knows he has to improve his rebounding and D up front to have any shot in the playoffs. Any other major deals are conjecture at this point.

I think he should pull the trigger on George or Butler if they become available. But he has to be the proactive one. Those guys have solid contracts, and there isn't much push to trade them.
You have to make them an offer they can't refuse.