Author Topic: Pre-Deadline Original Trade Ideas  (Read 8664 times)

Re: Pre-Deadline Original Trade Ideas
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I like both these guys, and to get them both really shores up our frontcourt to strengthen our ECF bid.

Trevor Booker for Zeller, Young and whatever non-BK picks are necessary.

Kyle O'Quinn for D Jackson, Mickey and whatever Non-BK picks are necessary. (i'd even think about giving up KO for O'Quinn.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/JB
Horford/Booker/Jerebko
O'Quinn/Amir

Nice deals that add a lot to our depth and help consolidate the roster a bit.  TP for you!

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 11:49:14 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I like both these guys, and to get them both really shores up our frontcourt to strengthen our ECF bid.

Kyle O'Quinn for D Jackson, Mickey and whatever Non-BK picks are necessary. (i'd even think about giving up KO for O'Quinn.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/JB
Horford/Booker/Jerebko
O'Quinn/Amir

Nice deals that add a lot to our depth and help consolidate the roster a bit.  TP for you!

Thanks, and back atcha TP, got you in the Poll thread.

The balance and consolidation really appeals to me.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 11:57:35 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Young, Jackson, Mickey , 2nd rounder for

James Johnson, McGruder

Johnson has been playing really well for the Heat

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/JB
Horford/Booker/Jerebko
O'Quinn/Amir

Like Booker too. But Danny's not likely to give up cap space this summer for him. Seems to me Nets would be smart to explore sending him to Indy for a pick.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 12:49:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/JB
Horford/Booker/Jerebko
O'Quinn/Amir

Like Booker too. But Danny's not likely to give up cap space this summer for him. Seems to me Nets would be smart to explore sending him to Indy for a pick.

Thought Booker was expiring, good catch, TP and for interesting thread, too.

You're right about Indy, too. Booker's toughness would make PG happy, and the Nets would like picks.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 06:17:19 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
My next one:

Terrence Jones for Jordan Mickey and 2017 MIN 2nd rounder.

As a 4 year vet min, I believe NoP would have to use cap space to sign Jones this summer. He's in line for a substantial pay day. If NO doesn't want to pay him, or feel he doesn't care to stay, they may be open to dealing him.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
It violates the OP's rule about taking on salary but if Detroit has really gone nuts (see the rumor about considering trading Reggie Jackson for DJ Augustin and Jeff Green), then maybe:

Andre Drummond

for

Jaylen Brown, Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko, Wolves 2017 second, Boston 2018 first, Clippers 2019 first

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
It violates the OP's rule about taking on salary but if Detroit has really gone nuts (see the rumor about considering trading Reggie Jackson for DJ Augustin and Jeff Green), then maybe:

Andre Drummond

for

Jaylen Brown, Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko, Wolves 2017 second, Boston 2018 first, Clippers 2019 first

Adding a player of Drummond's profile doesn't break my rules. He ain't no role player. Whether he's worth trading for is a separate discussion.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 07:55:41 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
No one else thinks Jones could be a strong addition? Dude always plays well at the TD.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
No one else thinks Jones could be a strong addition? Dude always plays well at the TD.

Terrence Jones?  I think he would be a fantastic addition, but he is an unrestricted free agent after this year and I don't see him as a long term guy, at least not the first choice for one.

I think he would be a good player to trade for, but with the possibility of only having him for half a season I wouldn't give up too much of value.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 08:45:41 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Terrence Jones?  I think he would be a fantastic addition, but he is an unrestricted free agent after this year and I don't see him as a long term guy, at least not the first choice for one.

I think he would be a good player to trade for, but with the possibility of only having him for half a season I wouldn't give up too much of value.

I like Jones a lot too....rugged and runs the floor.

And sspence's proposal of Mickey and Minny (2nd) doesn't sound like too much value to give up.

Pels in the running for  that last playoff spot in the West, which is why I think they may be buyers rather than sellers at the deadline, hence their interest in Lopez and to a lesser extent Okafor.

TP to sspence for a god trade idea for us. Not sure Pels bite, though.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford

I like Jones a lot too....rugged and runs the floor.

And sspence's proposal of Mickey and Minny (2nd) doesn't sound like too much value to give up.

Pels in the running for  that last playoff spot in the West, which is why I think they may be buyers rather than sellers at the deadline, hence their interest in Lopez and to a lesser extent Okafor.

TP to sspence for a god trade idea for us. Not sure Pels bite, though.

Yeah I would do that trade easily.  Mickey hasn't done much to crack the rotation yet in Boston, and with two guys (Yab and Zizic) who look like they could be rotation players ready to come over next year I would not hesitate to do this deal. 

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Double post...sorry.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 03:02:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
In another thread I proposed Zeller, Jackson, and the Minny 2nd PJ Tucker and Leandro Barbosa.  I'll reiterate that idea here.