Author Topic: Paul George Watch Thread  (Read 17274 times)

Re: Paul George Watch Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 09:15:14 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Good, I wouldn't want him here anyway.  We need good character guys, no more Marcus Smarts/ Ron Artests.

::)

Let's see... He flips off the fans, vandalizes rookies cars, bullies rookies on the team, starts fights with members of teams, etc etc

Does this not sound like Ron Artest? [/b] Reminiscent of Carl Everett too....

For the life of me, I will never understand the love affair Celtics Nation has with this guy. I think he's a really bad apple.
The day Danny trades him away for peanuts is gonna be a good day for the Shamrock.

Draymond Green, KG, Bird, Rodman, and Jordan for example all did similar things like that.

And yet teams want them?

As for the bolded part about Smart reminding you of Artest.
I don't know... Ask James Harden how he feels about that...

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2017, 11:06:57 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Good, I wouldn't want him here anyway.  We need good character guys, no more Marcus Smarts/ Ron Artests.

Let's see... He flips off the fans, vandalizes rookies cars, bullies rookies on the team, starts fights with members of teams, etc etc
Does this not sound like Ron Artest?  Reminiscent of Carl Everett too....

For the life of me, I will never understand the love affair Celtics Nation has with this guy. I think he's a really bad apple.
The day Danny trades him away for peanuts is gonna be a good day for the Shamrock.

Lol it's hilarious how far you're reaching here. You clearly have no axe to grind at all.

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

I can't believe I come on here, and the first thing I read is this..  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I wonder, if this team had Paul George right now with this current team (yes, it's a completely hypothetical scenario), could this team be legitimate contenders?

PG13 can shoot 3s at a fairly decent rate, but is also a Top-5 two-way player in the league, can score very well, and can even take over playoff games at times. I think BOS are a much deeper team than Indiana.

It's just a shame he's likely going LAL and/or not likely to agree to a long term commitment if he did come to Boston.

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Lol it's hilarious how far you're reaching here. You clearly have no axe to grind at all.
Wow you should be thankful the heart and soul he puts out there every game not bash him you're clueless
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I dont buy the PG/L.A. thing at all.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2017, 12:39:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think it's all smoke but it doesn't change the fact that for PG13 to come to Boston at all, he'd have to agree to a long term commitment, which I truthfully doubt happens. Then the Lakers may use their cap space to get him in 2018 FA. Unless another team trades for him this summer (I doubt the Lakers will want to give up a ton for him this summer either if he's an expiring).

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2017, 01:07:13 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I honestly can't remember the last big time free agent to sign with the Lakers besides Shaq, which was 20 years ago now.

When George does become a free agent, will Bird be willing to be a part of a sign-and-trade with the Lakers, to help make that team relevant again? And if Bird won't agree to a sign-and-trade to the Lakers, will George be willing to leave all of that money on the table and still go there?

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/4/26/15435998/early-trends-from-all-nba-ballots-dont-favor-paul-george

Pretty interesting read. Looks like Paul George could end up not getting a ton of $$$ from Indiana if not selected, and that could lead to a likelier chance of a trade or him just leaving Indiana outright after next season. Not being selected could cost him $70M extra that he could have gotten from IND if he was selected.

Again, these are just trends/quick analysis so far. 

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2017, 01:32:57 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/4/26/15435998/early-trends-from-all-nba-ballots-dont-favor-paul-george

Pretty interesting read. Looks like Paul George could end up not getting a ton of $$$ from Indiana if not selected, and that could lead to a likelier chance of a trade or him just leaving Indiana outright after next season. Not being selected could cost him $70M extra that he could have gotten from IND if he was selected.

Again, these are just trends/quick analysis so far.

Well, Bird made a mistake in the first place when he said he was open to discussions. He lowered Paul value a tiny bit. On the other end, everyone who watched the series against the Cavs knows what George is worth...

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Has he ever said anything on the record about LA? I still haven't seen anything.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Has he ever said anything on the record about LA? I still haven't seen anything.

I think he did. You've got this quote in a recent article :
A SoCal native, he’s (George) been talking about playing for his hometown team, the Lakers, for a long time. He’s never made his long-term intentions a secret within the Pacers’ locker room, according to former teammates. He wants to wear the purple and gold.

Source : http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/4/24/15411986/la-lakers-trade-rumors-paul-george-wants-to-wear-purple-and-gold

That's what I found without digging deep. This could very well be an idea/rumor that comes from nowhere cause there is no actual quote from George, but I think he loves the Lakers, and he might have said somewhere he considered it. I'll keep searching such a quote. I think it exists.

EDIT : All I find is posts like "Per rumors and his teammates, George openly says he wants to play there blablabla".
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:56:17 AM by BE-Celtic »

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2017, 09:02:37 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I think he did. You've got this quote in a recent article :
A SoCal native, he’s (George) been talking about playing for his hometown team, the Lakers, for a long time. He’s never made his long-term intentions a secret within the Pacers’ locker room, according to former teammates. He wants to wear the purple and gold.

Source : http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/4/24/15411986/la-lakers-trade-rumors-paul-george-wants-to-wear-purple-and-gold

That's what I found without digging deep. This could very well be an idea/rumor that comes from nowhere cause there is no actual quote from George, but I think he loves the Lakers, and he might have said somewhere he considered it. I'll keep searching such a quote. I think it exists.
Yeah, that's the only thing I've been able to find as well. Nothing from George directly. I'll take any other reporting as rumor.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2017, 12:45:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Larry bird stepping down as president. Will they blow up the team now

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2017, 01:03:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Larry bird stepping down as president. Will they blow up the team now

I think they have no choice unless they somehow can add another star (doubtful).

Even if they don't want to, Paul George could force them to.