Author Topic: Paul George Watch Thread  (Read 17179 times)

Re: Paul George Watch Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 11:17:07 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I wasn't that high on PG 1 until I realized how much of a offensive fire power he is, in this playoff series against the Cavs.

Yes, he was basically going toe to toe with Lebron, in his Miami days, but he somehow had a DPOY-Like Hibbert, a swiss army knife verison of Stephenson, and Granger by his side to be his mentor and emotional support.

This guy can really score.

Unfortunately he's still immature, and has shown time and time again that he just isn't built to be a vocal leader. But there's nothing wrong with that. Most people cannot lead their teams, which is why Boston alongside Isaiah Thomas, and Horford makes sense in terms of being able to be the leaders, and help PG13 shine.

I'm not even concerned about the Lakers part.

How many players have said that? LMA said that Lakers was one of his preference, until he blew them off. Howard was dead set on re-signing with the Lakers originally, then opted out.

I mean if you think about how many players were linked to signing with the Lakers, the Lakers would've had one of the most stacked lineups in NBA history.  :angel:
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 11:25:46 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
That being said, the trade I'm a little hesistant on... I would need a 100% handshake guarantee before I put any picks like the Nets on board...

George is better than AB and Crowder combined respectively in my opinion.

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I wasn't that high on PG 1 until I realized how much of a offensive fire power he is, in this playoff series against the Cavs.

Yes, he was basically going toe to toe with Lebron, in his Miami days, but he somehow had a DPOY-Like Hibbert, a swiss army knife verison of Stephenson, and Granger by his side to be his mentor and emotional support.

Unfortunately he's still immature, and has shown time and time again that he just isn't built to be a vocal leader. But there's nothing wrong with that. Most people cannot lead their teams, which is why Boston alongside Isaiah Thomas, and Horford makes sense in terms of being able to be the leaders, and help PG13 shine.

How many players have said that? LMA said that Lakers was one of his preference, until he blew them off. Howard was dead set on re-signing with the Lakers originally, then opted out.

I mean if you think about how many players were linked to signing with the Lakers, the Lakers would've had one of the most stacked lineups in NBA history.  :angel:

-Gasol-   -Howard-
-Bryant-              -Artest-
             -Nash-

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 11:44:56 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

-Gasol-   -Howard-
             -Nash-

He said "stacked lineup," not "first-round fodder"

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

-Gasol-   -Howard-
             -Nash-

I remember one of my ex close friends was telling me the championship was set in stone when they got an aging Nash, and a malcontent Howard who forced his way out of a good situation, and I just rolled my eyes. (Especially after I saw what they gave up, and what their entire roster looked like.)  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I mean, Paul George can go to the Lakers.

Then spend a few years with mediocre records.

Then even when they get good enough to make the playoffs, will get spanked by the likes of Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, etc.

West is much harder to navigate than the East, especially with Lebron aging. I mean, if PG13 joined one of TOR, WAS, BOS, I think they give Cleveland fits in a playoff series. That's how Lebron had trouble between 2008-2010 when BOS put together a great team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2017, 09:51:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
You can say goodbye to the Paul George saga because he's going to the Lakers.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/paul-george-nba-trade-rumors-contract-lakers-news-pacers-magic-johnson/zvl28kvs3msi17p0sd5eot406

"A SoCal native, he’s been talking about playing for his hometown team, the Lakers, for a long time. He’s never made his long-term intentions a secret within the Pacers’ locker room, according to former teammates. He wants to wear the purple and gold."

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 12:08:43 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/paul-george-nba-trade-rumors-contract-lakers-news-pacers-magic-johnson/zvl28kvs3msi17p0sd5eot406

"A SoCal native, he’s been talking about playing for his hometown team, the Lakers, for a long time. He’s never made his long-term intentions a secret within the Pacers’ locker room, according to former teammates. He wants to wear the purple and gold."

Do you really believe that?

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 12:08:51 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Good, I wouldn't want him here anyway.  We need good character guys, no more Marcus Smarts/ Ron Artests.

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:29 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Same thing was said about Derozan, Love, Aldridge, etc., until it didn't happen.

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:55 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Good, I wouldn't want him here anyway.  We need good character guys, no more Marcus Smarts/ Ron Artests.

::)

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2017, 06:08:08 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2017, 08:20:49 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If he wanted to go to LA why not pick the Clippers instead?

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2017, 08:26:48 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
If he wanted to go to LA why not pick the Clippers instead?

That's a good point

Then again, he probably grew up hating Sterling and the team

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White

::)

Let's see... He flips off the fans, vandalizes rookies cars, bullies rookies on the team, starts fights with members of teams, etc etc
Does this not sound like Ron Artest?  Reminiscent of Carl Everett too....

For the life of me, I will never understand the love affair Celtics Nation has with this guy. I think he's a really bad apple.
The day Danny trades him away for peanuts is gonna be a good day for the Shamrock.