Author Topic: Paul George Watch Thread  (Read 17180 times)

Re: Paul George Watch Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 09:11:35 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Shouldn't we call it a wish thread? There is less than zero chance that Bird trades George short of a package no one will offer. Just lock it.

Why lock the thread? Besides Paul George future with the Pacers up in the air right now.

It's actually not at all. Fans of other teams just wish it could be.

This.

Mike (I really am Mike.)

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 11:07:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Shouldn't we call it a wish thread? There is less than zero chance that Bird trades George short of a package no one will offer. Just lock it.

Why lock the thread? Besides Paul George future with the Pacers up in the air right now.

It's actually not at all. Fans of other teams just wish it could be.

This.

Mike (I really am Mike.)

So if the Pacers frustrate in the second half of the season and have an early playoff exit, PG13 will definitely still stay with Indiana? I doubt it.

But maybe it is just me wishing that.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 02:36:18 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Interesting read by Greg Doyel of the Indy Star. Nothing particularly new but....

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/02/20/doyel-clock-ticking-paul-georges-time-pacers/98131762/

The timer is set to the summer of 2018, when Paul George can leave the Pacers as a free agent. And during All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, George came clean and basically said the words out loud: He just might do it.

Paul George is watching. The clock is ticking. Larry Bird has a decision to make, and to understand his thought process, understand this: Bird publicly has said the 20-year-old Turner could be "maybe the best" player in franchise history, and privately he believes Turner (15.6 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.1 blocks) can be the foundation of an NBA championship team, even if George leaves.

That's the future, but in some ways the future is now. The trade deadline is Thursday. Even if Bird wants to do something, what can he offer of value beyond Teague’s expiring contract or a 2017 first-round pick in the late teens?

What I find more interesting, however, is the attitude of pacer fans to George. If you visit chicago boards, you'll find almost all their fans hover between opposed and strongly opposed to moving Butler...but not indy fans:

I kinda want to see him gone half the time he does not play hard and complains a lot he does not act like a star

Since 2010 its been a win/win for both. Now George wants to win a ring, and that ain't happening in Indy.

Hopefully. Pacers don't need a guy as selfish as he is. Get all you can for him in a trade.

Larry should consider traded him to the Celtics and get those nets picks

Something is happening here...

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
So, something tells me tonight was the second to last game for Paul George at Indiana.

Although Boston losing this Chicago series certainly isn't ideal...

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I love George. Dude shows up for the playoffs can score everywhere, guard 4 positions, hes pretty young etc etc. but if we lose to Chicago I will not be confident that we can keep him here past next year.

If we trade for George we would have to find a way to add serious big man help.

Now, if the team can show up over the next week, Ill be more inclined.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I love George. Dude shows up for the playoffs can score everywhere, guard 4 positions, hes pretty young etc etc. but if we lose to Chicago I will not be confident that we can keep him here past next year.

Yeah no way Ainge pays a premium for George without a long term commitment.

He probably wouldn't agree to it either.

Ideally if we could add PG13 + Griffin + Zizic, that would be sweet.

But I think another trade would be made OR hopefully a veteran big man or two signs here cheap... idk honestly..

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 10:20:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yeah no way Ainge pays a premium for George without a long term commitment.

He probably wouldn't agree to it either.

Ideally if we could add PG13 + Griffin + Zizic, that would be sweet.

But I think another trade would be made OR hopefully a veteran big man or two signs here cheap... idk honestly..
unless we pull our head out of our asses and get to the conference finals, George wont agree to an extension.

Id gamble on it, and pull the trigger, but as you say wed need a tough big man. I cant think of any off the top of my head.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Im curious as to why George wants to sign in LA if that's true. They are a dumpster fire and if they lose their pick this year and in 2019 they are going to be completely wrecked as a franchise.

I'd revisit trading for him this offseason if our pick lands top 2. Bradley or Smart + Crowder and the pick is what id offer if he agrees to sign.

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Today could be George's last game of his career WITH INDIANA.

But my biggest fear is the Lakers get PG13 for "dirt cheap" this summer, considering he would love to play for the Lakers and I'm sure Bird would trade him for "something" than lose him for absolutely nothing.

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 12:38:26 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

But my biggest fear is the Lakers get PG13 for "dirt cheap" this summer, considering he would love to play for the Lakers and I'm sure Bird would trade him for "something" than lose him for absolutely nothing.
Really dont see it happening. George wont sign an extension with a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty team like LA even if he loves the Lakers and it is way to big a risk to trade their young assets for Paul George who could turn around and walk. a

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 01:26:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Really dont see it happening. George wont sign an extension with a ****ty team like LA even if he loves the Lakers and it is way to big a risk to trade their young assets for Paul George who could turn around and walk. a

Yeah, but with Magic Johnson at the helm and if they get to keep their Top-3 pick, it might entice him a bit more.

But PG13 has called out his teammates in the playoffs, so I'm sure he'll call out almost everyone on the Lakers for being trash night in and night out  :laugh:

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 02:36:54 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I'm sure why the argument of "Don't get him he will leave for nothing next year".

I mean, if he does, then you get your cap space back for another star. And before he does well you have him in your team.Yes you might lose assets. But you have to see what the deal is first. As we saw here, all of our players are not made for playoffs anyway.

In the case of a BKN pick well, sometimes you gotta take a risk. If we keep the picks and they end up badly (Bust, Injury...), we might also have regrets, maybe bigger ones.

I don't know tho, just asking opinions

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, but with Magic Johnson at the helm and if they get to keep their Top-3 pick, it might entice him a bit more.

I think Magic was a great player but a poor coach, Since, Coaching is more similar to GMing, I think that this means that he won't be as good as a GM as your giving him credit.

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 03:03:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think Magic was a great player but a poor coach, Since, Coaching is more similar to GMing, I think that this means that he won't be as good as a GM as your giving him credit.

Even I think Magic will be overrated as a GM. But obviously lots of guys in the league (players) respect Magic, and that could mean something.

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
You want be watching much of Paul George for another 6 months after today... Looks like a sweep.