Author Topic: Paul George Watch Thread  (Read 17366 times)

Re: Paul George Watch Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Something tells me the Lakers have decided they'll just wait for George in 2018 FA.

They probably feel confident no deal will happen between BOS-IND either. Lakers now don't have too many assets to acquire PG13 unless they are willing to trade Ingram, OR Clarkson+Randle.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Something tells me the Lakers have decided they'll just wait for George in 2018 FA.

They probably feel confident no deal will happen between BOS-IND either. Lakers now don't have too many assets to acquire PG13 unless they are willing to trade Ingram, OR Clarkson+Randle.

Lakers really have an unproven coach .....he was just figure head for the great team West assembled and Kerr coached .   He has not proven anything to me ,  he maybe Doc Rivers at best.   So there is that .  They fired Mitch who had GM experience out the wazoo in title years.   

None of the Lakers other than Lopez has experienced playoffs .   They only know losing .  Ball has never played one mi ute of NBa basketball and is a kid .

why would George even choose to be by himself in a worse situation than Pacers .

I think all this speculation of Geoerge playing fr LA is based on Magic running his mouth about getting Lebron to play there .  I think this is a bunch of COW PIES ,   Lebron is not going to LA to play with Clarkson and their garbage of Randle and skinny twig Ingram .  He is better off in Cleveland with Irving and Love and Thompson . .....they could use a REAL coach th.

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Pfft Ainge just stay the course. I'm over the PG13 and FA mess. I don't think he's that much help as I and many people said before....WHOES GETTING THE REBOUNDS?? We keep suggesting gutting an entire roster that was freaking #1 on the dang east!! Why?? Just stay the course and we will be fine.

Summer league roster

Jackson
Brown
Nader
Taytum
Semi

That's entertaining to watch for summer league for me, kid about y'all. Next season we have a chance at another #1 pick and a #2 pick. You can flip those picks into WHATEVER YOU WANT. I mean even curry or Durant can become available for that. Hell we could even use the picks for goodness sake and haul out a PG and a Center. Like all the options are on the table, what's the point in rushing? Even the FA class is better for what we need. Just get our 7ft softy back for trade bait and run it how it is in my opinion.

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Refuse to get sucked into the blackhole of PG rumors until I see something legit

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2017, 11:46:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
So apparently, the C's have sent back an offer to the Pacers after their initial attempt at the biggest robbery known to mankind...  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/CelticGreen2017/status/880620827464658944

Celtics Get: Paul George

Pacers Get: Jae Crowder, 2018 Lakers Pick, 2019 Clippers OR Grizzlies Pick, and CASH

Now I kind of think to make salaries all work, assuming we sign Hayward, we may also need to add another player to this (sorry, Bradley  :'( ), and I think it's obvious at this point, IND would take back Grizzlies pick, not the "worthless Clippers one lol.

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2017, 05:21:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-paul-george-intrigued-by-idea-of-playing-with-gordon-hayward/

Boston is reportedly looking to add both Paul George and Gordon Hayward this offseason, and to the pleasure of Celtics fans, George finds the idea of playing with Utah's star free agent 'intriguing,' according to a report from ESPN.

George has informed Indiana he won't re-sign with the team when he hits the free agent market in 2018 and prefers to head to L.A. when the time comes. But a potential teaming of Hayward and George in Boston to go with a developing core of Isaiah Thomas, Al Horford, Avery Bradley, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown could be enough to change the mind of the four-time All-Star.

Of course, a lot has to happen to pair that duo together. Hayward will hit the free-agent market on Saturday and he can sign with any franchise of his choosing. George, however, would need to be acquired via trade to make that happen this offseason. And although he's told Indiana he won't be back after next season, the Celtics claim his asking price is still steep at this juncture.

Whether it's current players or draft assets, Boston has plenty of pieces to potentially get a deal done. But parting ways with those assets and risking the chance of losing George to free agency next summer is a major factor that could play into the Celtics' approach in free agency and whether it trades for George this offseason.

Man, IDK with Paul George anymore. Does he:

A. Want To Sign With LAL In 2018 REGARDLESS WHATEVER HAPPENS.

B. Want To Sign With LAL In 2018 IF He Gets A "Sidekick" There.

C. Does He Really Want To Play With Hayward, And For Long Term?

D. Does He Want To Win?

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2017, 05:32:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
So apparently, the C's have sent back an offer to the Pacers after their initial attempt at the biggest robbery known to mankind...  :laugh:

Pacers Get: Jae Crowder, 2018 Lakers Pick, 2019 Clippers OR Grizzlies Pick, and CASH

Now I kind of think to make salaries all work, assuming we sign Hayward, we may also need to add another player to this (sorry, Bradley  :'( ), and I think it's obvious at this point, IND would take back Grizzlies pick, not the "worthless Clippers one lol.

That should get it done...

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2017, 05:35:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

That should get it done...

It should, but it looks like Indiana is literally asking for the moon here.

First we have to see what happens with Hayward, too.

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Didn't know where to ask and didn't want to start a thread. Sorry if I missed an answer to this question posed by someone else.

I want to ask a question that I haven't seen (recently anyway). Why can't one of these players (Blake/Hayward) take less than max so we can build a better team? Why do we assume neither would be open to that? Why not go in saying that we have other things lined up (PG13) but we want to know if you will take less money so we can save on assets/players to add/keep for our roster?

I want to know why they can't take a 2yr deal and have the 2nd year a player option so they can opt out and then allow us to RAIN money on them w/ Bird Rights? Take less to boost the roster for just one season.

How much less would one of them have to take so we don't have to send more than 1 of AB/Crowder/Smart+ to Indy (out in a trade in general)?

I'm asking because I want us to keep AB, I love him. Hehe
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

uuhhhh dont we have to match contracts? or is that what CASH means?
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2017, 05:39:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

uuhhhh dont we have to match contracts? or is that what CASH means?

We have to send Bradley out in a separate trade and receive no incoming salary, only future draft picks .

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Didn't know where to ask and didn't want to start a thread. Sorry if I missed an answer to this question posed by someone else.

I want to ask a question that I haven't seen (recently anyway). Why can't one of these players (Blake/Hayward) take less than max so we can build a better team? Why do we assume neither would be open to that? Why not go in saying that we have other things lined up (PG13) but we want to know if you will take less money so we can save on assets/players to add/keep for our roster?

I want to know why they can't take a 2yr deal and have the 2nd year a player option so they can opt out and then allow us to RAIN money on them w/ Bird Rights? Take less to boost the roster for just one season.

How much less would one of them have to take so we don't have to send more than 1 of AB/Crowder/Smart+ to Indy (out in a trade in general)?

I'm not sure exactly how much of a paycut they'd have to take, but it's an interesting thought. Plus, even if Hayward stayed in Utah, he likely would only get 3M more since he would opt out after like the 3rd year and go for another huge contract.

Plus, you already have Isaiah who could command max or close to max, and Smart will be due for a contract (which shouldn't be too hefty, but still a decent one).

I think this is something Ainge could discuss with them at meetings, but I'm curious if Ainge is willing (or allowed) to talk with George after July 1 about all this. Just to see where his head is at and how he'd feel if the C's landed Hayward.

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2017, 05:55:20 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

We won't have bird rights after one year, so we would need cap space to sign him, ala KD with GS this summer, which we won't have. 

Bradley is simply part of the price that will likely have to be paid for Hayward/George.

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

We won't have bird rights after one year, so we would need cap space to sign him, ala KD with GS this summer, which we won't have. 

Bradley is simply part of the price that will likely have to be paid for Hayward/George.

Yeah plus it would be difficult for EVERYONE to get minutes (still have Brown, Tatum as well).

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2017, 07:24:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)