Author Topic: Bogut or Cauley-Stein  (Read 5325 times)

Re: Bogut or Cauley-Stein
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
WCS was the #6 overall pick just two drafts ago and has moments this season where he's shown some nice potential despite not getting a ton of minutes.  The idea that Sacramento wants to give him up for Rozier or two second round picks or a non-lotto first round pick is crazy.  Yes, I would love to add him to the Celtics, but why exactly does Sacramento want to trade him away?

Because Sacramento shifts gears every 6 months.  WCS could be no longer the flavor of two months ago, much less last month.
Yeah, you could be right there.  They have stuck with McLemore despite him not looking that great, but then there's Stauskas and Jimmer and Thomas Robinson who all back up your case.  I think WCS has shown better potential than Stauskas, Jimmer, and T-Rob, but I guess you're right... Sac does move pieces around like they are on a chess board so who knows.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think the WCS #6 pick narrative is a bit overrated. On draft night, injury concerns had him possibly falling to (or past) us at #16 where we took Rozier.

http://fansided.com/2015/06/25/nba-draft-rumors-willie-cauley-stein-falltop-15/

The only thing that seemed to save him was Cousins wanting to play PF and Sac doing everything they could to make that possible. The WCS at #6 was always considered a bad idea.

So, yes, I could absolutely see Sac dealing WCS for Rozier, Mickey and our 2nds this year (Minny 2nd included). Maybe it would require our 2018 1st instead, but I would rather this deal than Ibaka - who seems destined for a sharp decline and a humongous increase in pay.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 02:38:36 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Anyone with any business experience will tell you it's a mistake to weigh sunken costs when valuing any asset. You have to look at present value. WCS and Terry Rozier have NBA track records, and where they were drafted is irrelevant.

I think its safe to say that Josh Richardson, who was chosen 40th in the same, is worth more than either of these guys.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 04:15:43 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'm beginning to think Ainge/Stevens (and it's the both of them controlling personnel) are going to sit this one out, too, like they did last year. Not unless they do a blockbuster at the deadline.
That's still possible.

Strikes me they have a golden opportunity to get home court now that Love is hurt. They should be working to improve themselves with tactical moves. Maybe the price for Ibaka was too steep, though I view those no.1s in the 20s not so important and Rozier is no one to kill a trade. Maybe they have a better target. Nurkic could have been had for less, perhaps. I don't know what was wrong with him.

Is Danny playing too hard to get? I'm not ready to say that right now. But Love has just given him a Valentine's Day present, and he should seize the day.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 04:30:01 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I think the WCS #6 pick narrative is a bit overrated. On draft night, injury concerns had him possibly falling to (or past) us at #16 where we took Rozier.

The only thing that seemed to save him was Cousins wanting to play PF and Sac doing everything they could to make that possible. The WCS at #6 was always considered a bad idea.

So, yes, I could absolutely see Sac dealing WCS for Rozier, Mickey and our 2nds this year (Minny 2nd included). Maybe it would require our 2018 1st instead, but I would rather this deal than Ibaka - who seems destined for a sharp decline and a humongous increase in pay.

All I can see is Divac laughing himself to death over such a ridiculous lowball offer. That offer is an insult to the Kings.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
c) Neither
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
It is ODD that Bogut played 18 minutes on the 15th and got 4 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, and 1 assist AFTER playing ZERO minutes in the previous 8 games!!!

I would give up Young and maybe a second rounder to get him (the Minny second currently would be 36th pick).

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 02:26:58 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
It is ODD that Bogut played 18 minutes on the 15th and got 4 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, and 1 assist AFTER playing ZERO minutes in the previous 8 games!!!

I would give up Young and maybe a second rounder to get him (the Minny second currently would be 36th pick).

Smitty77

Good deal, nothing more though. 

He's a guy who's only played 26 games this year so he's hard to count on...

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 02:47:25 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

All I can see is Divac laughing himself to death over such a ridiculous lowball offer. That offer is an insult to the Kings.

Why? Is WCS headed to the Hall of Fame?
Bo don't know.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 02:50:21 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
WCS because of age.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 03:44:02 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I like the way the team is playing recently...especially the bench. The ball is moving, no hesitation...too bad the break is coming. Smart, KO, Green and Rozier are really playing well.

I think a small deal to get Bogut or Cauley Stein would be the final piece for this year. There is no need to disrupt the entire chemistry of the team. If we can make it to the ECF that will go a long way to signing FAs and dangling the #1 pick.

Moving Jerebko, Zeller, Amir and Rozier for WCS and Afflalo would work. Afflalo would be a good wing defender and scorer off the bench. You would need Crowder and Afflalo to rotate defending LeBron because Jaylen Brown may not be ready for that task. WCS gives us a rim protector.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zjryk8q

The OP's proposal sends too much salary to SAC.

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Bogut - Yes, via buyout. Maybe he can be a backup big next season.

WCS - no
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:16:16 PM by colincb »

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 04:54:00 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I don't get the obsession with WCS. He's really not that good.

I wouldn't waste anything of value for Bogut via trade. Maybe if he gets bought out.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I don't get the obsession with WCS. He's really not that good.

I wouldn't waste anything of value for Bogut via trade. Maybe if he gets bought out.
Give them a bottom Second rounder for bogut. He will not make it through waivers to us. 
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think Ainge would have drafted WCS if he could have. Don't know what he thinks now. Certainly an option, if they can get him for Rozier plus a pick.

I'd push for Bogut, then try to pry George from Larry. Bird will deal George if he thinks he can't sign him.