Author Topic: Potential terrorist attack averted  (Read 400 times)

Potential terrorist attack averted
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 342
FBI agents arrested this man before he could carry out a planned attack on civilians in their place of worship.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/34521384/fbi-arrests-man-in-myrtle-beach-allegedly-planning-attack-in-the-spirit-of-dylann-roof

Celtics fan for life.

Re: Potential terrorist attack averted
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1395
  • bammokja
yet another terrorist attack in the US by people who follow right wing ideals. i wonder if this will make trump's webpages?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2283
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
yet another terrorist attack in the US by people who follow right wing ideals. i wonder if this will make trump's webpages?

Do you really have to wonder?

But for now, lets just be glad the system worked in catching a radicalized individual before he could carry anything out. Though hearing Dylann Roof cited as an inspiration is a little chilling, because you know he's not the only one thinking this way.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 342

But for now, lets just be glad the system worked in catching a radicalized individual before he could carry anything out. Though hearing Dylann Roof cited as an inspiration is a little chilling, because you know he's not the only one thinking this way.

Agreed. Hats off to the FBI on this one.
Celtics fan for life.