Author Topic: Value move for Okafor  (Read 2238 times)

Value move for Okafor
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
It's a 3 team trade with Denver and Philadelphia
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zqul29d

Boston receives: Okafor and Miller
Boston sends: Jackson, Zeller, Min 2017 2nd

Denver receives: Noel, Zeller
Denver sends: Chandler, Miller

Philadelphia receives: Jackson, Chandler, Min 2017 2nd
Philadelphia sends: Okafor, Noel

I know there are people vehemently against Okafor, let's not turn this into a back and forth over him. How do people feel about this deal for Denver and Philadelphia?

Re: Value move for Okafor
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:58 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Philly laughs at this trade. They wouldn't accept that trade for one of Noel or Okafor nevermind both.

Denver never makes that trade. They just traded for Plumlee. They won't be making a trade for two more centers.

Okafor doesn't fit Boston's needs so they don't make the trade.

So I have every team saying no.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Boston doesn't give up enough value
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:16 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I originally had Rozier in there instead of Jackson but then I thought the board would explode...

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I originally had Rozier in there instead of Jackson but then I thought the board would explode...
That probably isn't enough value.  Rozier has been downright awful on both ends of the floor.  I don't think he hold much value (if any) around the league.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 02:27:45 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Denver makes out like a bandit! Two guys they probably want to move on from for a young, athletic big like Noel?

Then it gets worse for Philly by sending Okafor out and not even getting the BACKUP PG from Boston. They get the 3rd stinger for a top draft pick?

I get that Philly has to eventually move on from their positional overloading through the draft, but this is a publicity nightmare trade. They need to get starting quality players from both teams. I guess it qualifies from Denvers trade, but starters at the end of their career.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

That probably isn't enough value.  Rozier has been downright awful on both ends of the floor.  I don't think he hold much value (if any) around the league.

Well Orlando just wanted him as part of a package for Ibaka and was apparently a deal breaker to not have him in it. So certainly different than your opinion.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
This looks like the kind of deal that happens once in a lifetime.

I do think Okafor's presence on the floor last night is an indication that the Celtics retain an interest in him if nothing else works out.

As I mentioned in another post, I think his career has been limited by injury and the conflict with Noel and Embiid. Noel is tough to play next to--he dominates rebounding.

He's just a kid, and showed initially an ability to shoot in the paint and to rebound some.
He needs to learn to play defense. He has a favorable contract. He is the kind of kid who is worth trading Rozier for.  Stevens might be able to make a decent player out of him, who could be effective around the rim. I repeat, he's just a kid who needs to learn how to defend.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Well Orlando just wanted him as part of a package for Ibaka and was apparently a deal breaker to not have him in it. So certainly different than your opinion.

The reasons Ainge didn't make that deal for Ibaka are pretty clear by now. They aren't going to give up anybody or any 1sts for somebody they don't want to re-sign. It's known Ibaka isn't the player he was in OKC. Risky move for Toronto.