Author Topic: If Aaron Gordon becomes available, what would you give up to get him?  (Read 3435 times)

Re: If Aaron Gordon becomes available, what would you give up to get him?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 05:08:22 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693363-aaron-gordon-is-the-picasso-of-the-slam-dunk-contest

Seems to care a tiny bit too much about the dunk contest. shades of Gerald Green?

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Not much because I think he is more flash than substance.  Great dunker and athlete but mediocre player.

Exactly how I fell......marvelous althlete,  not so much a basketball guy .   Jeff Green was more track n field than basketball too.

Some guys don't have the sport in their blood . 

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

A 12 pack of Guinness without hesitation.

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 05:48:46 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'm an avid follower of Ballislife. Aaron Gordon got a lot of hype, and I could see why. He was an tantalizing prospect, with similar qualities and skillset like Blake Griffin. But just like Blake Griffin, he needs to improve on the areas and problems that Griffin had. Can he shoot? Can he pass? Is he more than just a high flier with good hands?

Gordon is still young, so I'll give him plenty of time. But I'm not giving up that much for him, unless he's coming for really cheap. But I think Magic believe him and Payton can be a dynamic duo. We'll see what happens.

I give up a late first round pick, if that's what it took. Magic is going to want at least a top 7 pick for Gordon.

I wouldn't say he can't rebound, he averaged 6.5rb on 23min last year, when played 4. That's about the same as Amir Johnson. Difficult to say what magic would want for him, Payton is on the bench now though. Gordon is unlikely to become a star player, but if he can focus on rebound and defence, he could be a better Amir Johnson very soon.

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
According to ESPN and a few guys on this board, he still has more future value than Brown or Smart.

SMH

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 06:10:31 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
He's hopeless at 3, but would he be a upgrade to Amir Johnson at 4?

Is Rozier + memphis pick + fillers be enough?

First of all they're not trading him.  So it's not enough.  Also, the Magic's plan is to play him at the 4 since the Ibaka trade.  I agree he's not a 3.
You spoke the the Magic's GM?  Of course they would trade him.  They are looking to shake up their roster from what I read, and Gordon is no foundational piece.

Actually I can read what people write (try it sometime) and comments by both the coach and GM state the plan to play Gordon at PF.  The GM can't make a trade involving long term projections.  He needs the team to show improvement now or he's gone.  There's actually a comment from the owner stating that he'll reassess the GM at the end of the season.   Also, try reading Steve Kyler who says similar things.

See comments from Beat writers of the Magic below.

" Magic GM Rob Hennigan said that Aaron Gordon will see some more minutes at the four-spot with Serge Ibaka no longer a part of the equation.

Magic head coach Frank Vogel said that with the departure of Serge Ibaka, he'll be deploying more small ball lineups.  Assuming Vogel wants to keep his job, this should mean more minutes for Aaron Gordon at the four-spot"