Poll

2018 BKN Pick + Bradley + Zeller + 2019 Memphis OR Clippers First Rounder for Andre Drummond?

Yes
41 (64.1%)
No
23 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Would You Package Bradley In A Deal For Drummond? (Hear Me Out)  (Read 6361 times)

Re: Would You Package Bradley In A Deal For Drummond? (Hear Me Out)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 10:34:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Caldwell-Pope is really good and plays the same position.

I would do the trade but you explain perfectly why Detroit never would.

I never said that. I'm just saying that Caldwell-Pope is a really good player. In fact, the Pistons might look at Bradley as a marginal upgrade. Plus, he's only 23.

It would probably be better to get a 3rd team involve and send Bradley there.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 10:55:06 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
We need to trade Bradley for somebody. The rise of Smart proves that Bradley should be the odd man out.
Ainge is going to decide based on who he gets offered weighed against who we give up, not on any perceived pecking order on the Celtics side. Whoever is more valuable is also going to bring back more value too. It will end up being about what player comes back that he thinks gives us the best team.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 11:18:18 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Bradley's injury just about answered the question.

They are having a tough time losing without him. Nothing personal.  :)

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 03:18:11 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Yea, I'd seriously consider this trade.  It's a no brainer.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 05:02:37 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
You make a great point about pending free agents.

Drummond to me is the type of player where his strengths are some of the best in league, but his weaknesses are some of the worst.  He has incredible mobility and athleticism for his size, is a force to deal with in the paint, and an elite rebounder.  His limited offensive game and struggles at the line (which could limit his ability to play fourth quarter minutes) are big weaknesses.

I think Drummond is the type of deal you make in the offseason, after seeing how free agency plays out.

I do think his pros out weigh his cons however, and he would make us a better team an a threat to take the East, which some may argue we already are.

Drummond learning under Horford would be interesting.

Yeah, it frustrates me how obsessed people get about sacrificing upgrading opportunities to upgrade the team just for the sake of keeping cap space.   How many times free agency involves 3 or 4 guys being fought over by 30 teams, yet somehow people think just having cap space somehow magically means you'll be able to sign a star. 

Like Celtics FA history really indicates that to be the case...

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 06:31:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He just doesnt fit here. If we had a mobile power forward it would be possible but he is a terrible fit with Horford.

I don't buy this I think the Boy Wonder aka Brad Stevens could find a way to make it work.   I don't buy he is obsolete and a dinosaur.   The Spurs won with Traditional bigs.   The Cavs did and GS has Pachulia.   There is an obsession with small ball but has it won many titles.   Other teams use it as a strategic option not a philosophy to build a team around.

There is part of me that thinks he would fit all our needs.   There is also a part of me that thinks we should trade for a lesser cheaper big.  But systems should be altered to fit your talent.   They should not be set in stone.   CBS has never had a true big in college or pros.

But this kid has elite talent.   He is a truly elite rebounder with scary athletic ability.   Things would have to be changed to fit him in.   Other teams would hack a shaq him.   But our rebounding problems would be gone.   He rebounds 14 RPG that makes Sully's 7-8 RPG looked paltry. 

I have thought about this and I think going for a guy is cheaper and makes more sense cap wise.   But I would be elated to get Drummond, too.   He is 23 with a ton of growth possible.  He has Deandre Jordanesque athletic ability.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 06:40:45 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
He just doesnt fit here. If we had a mobile power forward it would be possible but he is a terrible fit with Horford.

I don't buy this I think the Boy Wonder aka Brad Stevens could find a way to make it work.   I don't buy he is obsolete and a dinosaur.   The Spurs won with Traditional bigs.   The Cavs did and GS has Pachulia.   There is an obsession with small ball but has it won many titles.   Other teams use it as a strategic option not a philosophy to build a team around.

There is part of me that thinks he would fit all our needs.   There is also a part of me that thinks we should trade for a lesser cheaper big.  But systems should be altered to fit your talent.   They should not be set in stone.   CBS has never had a true big in college or pros.

But this kid has elite talent.   He is a truly elite rebounder with scary athletic ability.   Things would have to be changed to fit him in.   Other teams would hack a shaq him.   But our rebounding problems would be gone.   He rebounds 14 RPG that makes Sully's 7-8 RPG looked paltry. 

I have thought about this and I think going for a guy is cheaper and makes more sense cap wise.   But I would be elated to get Drummond, too.   He is 23 with a ton of growth possible.  He has Deandre Jordanesque athletic ability.

Imo, Drummond is more athletic than Deandre Jordan. Deandre can't guard perimeter guys but Drummond has the foot speed to.
- LilRip

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 07:06:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

+1

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 12:41:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

+1

To a lot of people though, he is "not worth it" like Melo lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm not giving up a Brooklyn pick for Drummond.

His valuation has gone done a lot recently because his offensive game has failed to progress.

I'd do Bradley plus a non-Nets pick straight up though.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 04:21:18 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'm not giving up a Brooklyn pick for Drummond.

His valuation has gone done a lot recently because his offensive game has failed to progress.

I'd do Bradley plus a non-Nets pick straight up though.

Ainge said yesterday he would trade a Nets pick for Drummond, but his impression is Drummond is not available. He views a rebounder/rim protector as the team's biggest need, as many fans do.

I think Bradley plus a non Nets pick plus cap fodder is a possibility for Melo. Phil would probably re-sign Bradley.

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Bump. You guys do this Drummond deal?

We could still go after PG13 hypothetically  ;)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 07:11:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yes.  And props to you for the idea prior to rumors.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Agree!

This is a no-brainer for us though. Drummond isn't worth the 2017 this year, no thank you.\

Would Pistons really do a trade like this though? Drummond has a long contract, is young, and he could turn around. But I think CBS is better at developing players than SVG, personally.

We benefit greatly, and fill a high need, whereas they have KCP.

We would have to throw something else in.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2017, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sooooooooo fast

I break the speed of sound

Signing that document