Poll

2018 BKN Pick + Bradley + Zeller + 2019 Memphis OR Clippers First Rounder for Andre Drummond?

Yes
41 (64.1%)
No
23 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Would You Package Bradley In A Deal For Drummond? (Hear Me Out)  (Read 6359 times)

Would You Package Bradley In A Deal For Drummond? (Hear Me Out)
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:46:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
If the C's decide to extend IT + Smart using Bird Rights, Bradley could be the "odd man out".

I know Drummond's FT shooting is poor, and he may not be the "traditional big" that exists in the league today, but he's averaging 15/14, and provides both rebounding and an interior presence (something we sorely need). Teams like Cleveland and Golden State STRUGGLE against size. To mitigate Drummond's poor FT shooting, you could counter with some great defense (which BOS has), and he rebounds a ton (so lots of extra possessions possible).

Also, looking at the FA market, if Hayward gives the slight hint he's staying in Utah, then who's available? Millsap? Ibaka? (I'm guessing Griffin and Noel stay put as well).

Plus you could still draft Fultz/Ball/Jackson to add to this team, and they could in a way replace Bradley going forward.

2018 BKN Pick, Bradley, Zeller, 2019 Memphis OR Clippers First for Andre Drummond? 

Yeah it's pretty hefty still, but DET won't take anything less I believe (and it's possible they want the 2017 Nets Pick regardless, so..)

I think that team + 2017 BKN Pick becomes a contender in 2 years, or maybe even next year. Thoughts? Is this kind of reasonable or just downright ridiculous?

EDIT: Sorry this is probably under wrong thread. Move if needed. Thanks!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Would You Package Bradley In A Deal For Drummond? (Hear Me Out)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:21:56 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Absolutely you make this trade if you're the C's. The only names floating around that I'd rather have over Drummond are PG13 and Cousins.
- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
You make a great point about pending free agents.

Drummond to me is the type of player where his strengths are some of the best in league, but his weaknesses are some of the worst.  He has incredible mobility and athleticism for his size, is a force to deal with in the paint, and an elite rebounder.  His limited offensive game and struggles at the line (which could limit his ability to play fourth quarter minutes) are big weaknesses.

I think Drummond is the type of deal you make in the offseason, after seeing how free agency plays out.

I do think his pros out weigh his cons however, and he would make us a better team an a threat to take the East, which some may argue we already are.

Drummond learning under Horford would be interesting.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:34:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
You make a great point about pending free agents.

Drummond to me is the type of player where his strengths are some of the best in league, but his weaknesses are some of the worst.  He has incredible mobility and athleticism for his size, is a force to deal with in the paint, and an elite rebounder.  His limited offensive game and struggles at the line (which could limit his ability to play fourth quarter minutes) are big weaknesses.

I think Drummond is the type of deal you make in the offseason, after seeing how free agency plays out.

I do think his pros out weigh his cons however, and he would make us a better team an a threat to take the East, which some may argue we already are.

Drummond learning under Horford would be interesting.

Yeah, plus the prices are extremely high for Butler or PG13.

Only Melo is the "cheap" one out there, then Drummond.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Vote on the poll. You do this proposed deal?

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Caldwell-Pope is really good and plays the same position.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 09:44:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Caldwell-Pope is really good and plays the same position.

I would do the trade but you explain perfectly why Detroit never would.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:56 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He just doesnt fit here. If we had a mobile power forward it would be possible but he is a terrible fit with Horford.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not really into giving up any BKN picks and [as ridiculous as this may sound] I am not sure if Olynyk might not be a better fit with our team moving forward.

As others have said, Horford-compatibility is very important moving forward; and there are so many players in the league who work better with him than Drummond.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd make that deal in a second.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
No. Keep in mind that due to the salary differential, we would have to also unload our expiring salary space, which takes away any free agent signing for next year.

I'm also not convinced Bradley is the odd man out. He fits into any possible guard combination. Nobody else can say that.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 10:29:30 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
No.  I do Drummond for Amir/Zeller, and the 2018 BK pick.  Throw in one of our overseas guys to sweeten it.  Drummond is a black hole offensively late in the game.

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 10:29:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Don't love the deal.  That said, it should be Amir and not Zeller outgoing.  This is partly because the salaries don't match otherwise, but also because keeping Zeller allows for an additional trade over the summer.  The Celtics will probably have no cap room this summer as a result of your proposal, but keeping Zeller's $8 million non-guaranteed deal would allow them to take back $12.1 million in a trade while the receiving team clears salary.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 10:31:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Too much for Drummond. It's AB or the Nets 2018.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 10:32:03 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
We need to trade Bradley for somebody. The rise of Smart proves that Bradley should be the odd man out.