Author Topic: Does anyone here live in/around Cleveland?  (Read 302 times)

Re: Does anyone here live in/around Cleveland?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 05:54:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1207
I grew up in the Valley View and went to the Cuyahoga Heights Schools.  That's a little outside Cleveland but quite close and easy to get in the city.

It's a really nice suburban area with lots of nice forest and parks if you're into that.  The schools there were great as well and recommended.   We had a great school system with elementary, middle, and high school in one big complex that even had an olympic size pool and everything.  Classes were a good size with awesome teachers.  I have seen education in other states and that was certainly the best I had.  You should give it a look.

I never had enough experience with other areas to tell you how to avoid snow or too much about the commute since we didn't have that situation.  But for a kid growing up and our family it was a great area.

Great people in Ohio so I think you will like that part of it.

Thanks, I'll look into that area too as we go along.
Quote from:  Friedrich Nietzsche
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Re: Does anyone here live in/around Cleveland?
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 06:26:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1164
Hey -- congrats on the post-doc!  I will be spending 3 days  in Cleveland May 21-23 - a conference.  A lot of Cleveland natives will be there -- I might be able to ask around if you have specific questions at that time.  Let me know.